Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Sharkopath posted:

I like staying in the center and keeping the gates closed, never had trouble.

No if people pay attention it's perfectly fine. But pubbies run off so they can hug a pox burster on the other side of the map rather than stay put.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I think it's an issue with the director. The game just starts making GBS threads enemies and never stops. People who were good enough to handle high intensity gauntlet on Damnation before are probably doing fine because they were already managing that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah I think I'm gonna take a break. Over the last two days I think I've finished only five missions and the rest were disasters regardless of difficulty level.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mendrian posted:

I think it's an issue with the director. The game just starts making GBS threads enemies and never stops. People who were good enough to handle high intensity gauntlet on Damnation before are probably doing fine because they were already managing that.

I wonder how these kind of bugs happen. :fatshark: can nail all of the really difficult aspects of game design, but somehow some moron can check in a config that just seems to fly by any sort of QA.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It definitely does seem too over the top right now.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Yeah i was pretty reliably completing damnation runs before this, and then today only made it through one run out of like 8. Had a few runs where it seemed there was basically no break between special spawns

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It definitely does seem too over the top right now.

High intensity anything at Heresy or above is basically a near constant horde spawn with a nonstop parade of elites and specials running in parallel. It's definitely doable, but it's a lot less forgiving and makes things like ammo Regen a lot more important.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

here I just thought the future is grim and dark and there is only war

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Legit Businessman posted:

What classes, builds, weapons etc?

I'm having a blast with the following on damnation:

Plas shout vet
Shield taunt ogryn
Evis charge Zealot
Voidstrike barrier psyker

With the shield ogryn being the most powerful feeling right now (plas vet being very close behind).
Xbox player here and posting my post patch thoughts.

Evis Zealot at 27 w/ laspistol or revolver is still ded killy. Rest of my dudes are 30.
My charging middle tree ending Ogryn is still tanky and doing good. I actually have to play smarter now as I can die. The Ach stubba really did get a serious boost and I lucked into a gold with near 500 rating so good backup to my bully club. Bully club still staggering beefy armoured Boyz plus clowning crowds of infested and my greatest threat are those millions of shooters and fast shooting snipers. I swear they doubled sniper ROF but it might just be multiple spawns.
Vet (mostly middle tree but with ammo gen) with recon (the fastest firing one) is still good but really feeling the need to get a good plasma. Recon just has issues with the large amount of carnival’s flak and carapace.
Flaming crit machine Psyker is still good. Best games I’ve had have been teaming with a Smite Psyker as the two of us stagger everything and my soul storm feels like it’s proccing more. I swear my brain burst proc on regular attacks is kicking off a ton more but no real proof. I can only tell you that my higher level games are almost easy if I get teamed with another Sparkhead using smite. Purgatus staff owns even if it sits at 410 power.

Agreeing with you guys on director and also the player frustrations. I didn’t even want to try Damnation until 30 but seems like half my pubbie games at Damnation have at least one level 10 dude on an Xbox trying to cosplay Leroy Jenkins. I’m fairly chill but really work hard to pull my own weight. Still find my Ogryn dancing about dodging blows horribly amusing. Can’t imagine some dude new to the game having fun rushing B and rage quitting when the group dies or fails to pick him up quickly. Also why is the lowest level and weakest geared guy always charging the daemonhost? Why?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Martout posted:

I thought the same thing about damage resistance to gunners but it is only the actual chaingunner specials, not the regular troop gunners and not even shotgunners apparently

Yeah and it doesn't include reapers either, but elite gunners can show up in patrols of a dozen and more can show up, but if you were going to take any damage resistance it should probably be for the gunners that can light you up compared to snipers you can just keep dodging to reset their aim or sound cue to avoid.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Warbadger posted:

High intensity anything at Heresy or above is basically a near constant horde spawn with a nonstop parade of elites and specials running in parallel. It's definitely doable, but it's a lot less forgiving and makes things like ammo Regen a lot more important.

I did a bunch of Damnation games with zero modifiers tonight and all of them were like a constant train of Mutants and trappers/flamers, felt like hunting grounds or hi intensity at all times. Lotta fun on plasma vet, but still

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

It's a bit weird to me that the pulsing sound effect that plays for a Chanting Zealot can't be heard by other players, it makes it easy to know when the buff is active but only you can hear it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Internet Explorer posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's currently a bug where the director is spawning things as if all of the players were separated from the group at all times. To me it does seem like the amount extra is more or less what "this player is separated from the group" looks like * 4.

I can't comment on this specifically but even on 3-4 it seemed like there were near constant trappers showing up regardless of coherency

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yeah and it doesn't include reapers either, but elite gunners can show up in patrols of a dozen and more can show up, but if you were going to take any damage resistance it should probably be for the gunners that can light you up compared to snipers you can just keep dodging to reset their aim or sound cue to avoid.

Gunner damage resistance feels 100% necessary on my Ogryn

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Some of the audio could definitely be tuned better. Let all players know when someone pops their ultimate and it's ensuing sfx. Also please do something about the Mutant screaming. There's no difference in volume regardless of direction or distance from you the player.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I want an Ogryn sized revolver

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I want an Ogryn sized 2h blunt (weapon.)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You know not what you wish to unleash upon the world

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mentioned several times but it would be neat if they kept ogryns weapons having a unique identity by giving them handheld versions of every heavy and support weapon that exists in the setting. They dont need a las pistol when they can lug the whole multilas around. Lascannon, Squad Mortar, Heavy Bolter, just go nuts.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I want a volley gun and a melta gun for the vet. The lack of a volley gun is weird to me since the scab gunners have one already.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

wtf, wow. Knife special is really not explained well at all. Using it just gives you a free heavy attack no matter if you hit someone or not. That's kind of insane for the usability lol.

I still don't think it's an absolute best weapon but instantly getting heavies makes it feel way better for the stronger part of its niche, killing big things insanely fast.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Kibayasu posted:

I want an Ogryn sized revolver

They exist in the 30k setting ("thunderstubs") and are very funny. It'd be nice to see them as an Ogryn option.

TaurusTorus posted:

I want a volley gun and a melta gun for the vet. The lack of a volley gun is weird to me since the scab gunners have one already.

The only thing I can see holding back a volley gun as an option is differentiating it from the recon las guns that are also "5000 shots a minute" rapid fire. I'm sure it can be done, and y'all probably have great ideas how, just may be the stumbling block they're facing.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

SkyeAuroline posted:

They exist in the 30k setting ("thunderstubs") and are very funny. It'd be nice to see them as an Ogryn option.

The only thing I can see holding back a volley gun as an option is differentiating it from the recon las guns that are also "5000 shots a minute" rapid fire. I'm sure it can be done, and y'all probably have great ideas how, just may be the stumbling block they're facing.
I would assume: no magazine size, low dodge count, no mobility while firing. You can stand still and hold m1 for as long as you like, but you're pretty much rooted in place. Also you'd probably have better hipfire accuracy and little to no bloom.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

In an attempt to branch out from the Eviscerator what exactly is the special attack on the heavy swords? Its description is backstab combo starter or something but it seems like its just a quick heavy attack that can do more damage to armor and more stagger? Is there some fancy mechanic I'm missing there?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Kibayasu posted:

In an attempt to branch out from the Eviscerator what exactly is the special attack on the heavy swords? Its description is backstab combo starter or something but it seems like its just a quick heavy attack that can do more damage to armor and more stagger? Is there some fancy mechanic I'm missing there?
really just a 1-2 stagger into heavy combo option that beats up ragers and crushers pretty well.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Do damage reductions stack across curios? Like can you get 60% gunner damage reduction?

And does bomber reduction apply to their loving grenades holy poo poo the director needs to gently caress off with them. Constant hidey fuckers that are instantly replaced when downed.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Damage reduction does stack. No clue about how the bomber one works.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The bomber reduction doesn't effect their grenades, it does effect their kicks though.

Yeah.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

What I've noticed since the patch is that every "I'm playing solo!" Zealot has suddenly switched to their Veteran alts and are experiencing the level of success that choice inevitably brings. I've been carefully selecting the missions I run based on the assumption that we'll be playing half the level down a man, and that has minimized my frustration.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
i dunno if the spawn rate is bugged and like i said, despite the insanity even base diff 5 is still very beatable if extremely sweaty. 1 loss out of 10 games, all with pubbies, is a pretty drat good ratio still

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
This build is a lot of fun, mows down Crushers and Ragers like Roland of Gilead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKszHlxGWeM

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The bomber reduction doesn't effect their grenades, it does effect their kicks though.

Yeah.

:what:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yeah.

lol

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Curio resistances stack multiplicatively. So 3 20% gunner resistances is 48% damage reduction total.

Enjoy posted:

This build is a lot of fun, mows down Crushers and Ragers like Roland of Gilead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKszHlxGWeM

this person is bringing an axe along with a single target gun, fuckin' yikes. Revolver is fine imo but making it out as the "best build" smh. Youtube guides.

edit: for the record after deciding to watch the video a bit and see his reasoning, the youtuber has basically made a strong build to support one-shotting crushers and maulers with a revolver. The reasoning for talent choice is sound although at least two points worth of talents and his reasoning why he doesn't take Survivalist seems off and more like personal preference than "this is the only way the build works."

It's a perfectly fine build imo, though I do not understand his choice of using an axe as a melee weapon. Just use a chain sword, power sword, devil claw or shovel. Much better at protecting yourself and managing a line.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 19, 2023

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Evil Kit posted:

Curio resistances stack multiplicatively. So 3 20% gunner resistances is 48% damage reduction

I wonder how far that could go if someone stacked as much toughness damage reduction as possible on top

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Evil Kit posted:

Curio resistances stack multiplicatively. So 3 20% gunner resistances is 48% damage reduction total.

this person is bringing an axe along with a single target gun, fuckin' yikes. Revolver is fine imo but making it out as the "best build" smh. Youtube guides.

edit: for the record after deciding to watch the video a bit and see his reasoning, the youtuber has basically made a strong build to support one-shotting crushers and maulers with a revolver. The reasoning for talent choice is sound although at least two points worth of talents and his reasoning why he doesn't take Survivalist seems off and more like personal preference than "this is the only way the build works."

It's a perfectly fine build imo, though I do not understand his choice of using an axe as a melee weapon. Just use a chain sword, power sword, devil claw or shovel. Much better at protecting yourself and managing a line.

I've been running it with Devil's Claw yeah

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A hotshot volley gun / hellgun would be pretty easy to implement. Just make it the Las equivalent of the braced autoguns but make it so you can only fire full auto if braced.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

lol "cant sprint" as a modifier for Ogryn heavy bolter and Vet Hellgun

Id scream!!!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

pls do not give bad veterans more of an excuse to plant lol

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Wish run and gun blessing was available on some more guns like infantry autogun / laspistol, it'd be fun to be zooming through hallways while gunning down scattered enemies. Why on earth you can get it on the revolver, a single shot high damage low ammo weapon with poor hipfire is beyond me. At least if you used it on a staff your shots would be accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think they should change the carnival finale so people can't do the entrance strat, just make a forced drop-down at that point.