Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Air Skwirl posted:

Exciting job opportunity for everyone.

Finally a company to submit the My Little Pony resume to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Need a recommendation on a vacuum, the Dyson up and exploded, just out of warranty of course. Low pile carpet, 1 dog and 2 ladies in the house who shed more than the dog. Sub $200 range cause I can prolly scrounge that much up

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

a sexual elk posted:

Need a recommendation on a vacuum, the Dyson up and exploded, just out of warranty of course. Low pile carpet, 1 dog and 2 ladies in the house who shed more than the dog. Sub $200 range cause I can prolly scrounge that much up

Something from Shark should come in under $200 and will be decently reliable.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Air Skwirl posted:

Exciting job opportunity for everyone.

I have half a mind to send these idiots an angry letter just for belittling OCD, but they'd probably think it's me applying for the "job".

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Sounds like a win win then

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm not that desperate.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Are you trying to convince me or yourself

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Y’all I was just like 10 ft from Dolly

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Nice.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Joey Freshwater posted:

Would have better if you were between 9 to 5 ft from her!!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

I have half a mind

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

That’s like 9 feet minus boobies
But that’s awesome, my last celeb thing was being in the same Disney Store with Ted Danson at the Santa Monica mall

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
She’s such an awesome person based on all accounts so that’s a celeb it’s okay to geek out on

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

Would have better if you were between 9 to 5 ft from her!!

:golfclap:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I’m still mad at her for “5 to 9”

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

seiferguy posted:

I tend to steer from slickdeals after getting whatever I want because the people who post there are legit insane and are definitely the worst customers at stores.

Those people get sexual gratification from saving ten dollars by signing up for Best Buy credit card

a sexual elk posted:

Seconding Shark especially for pet hair. Get the one specifically for you and you will be blown away how much it picks up that other vacuums miss.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Been using the shop vac this week and my back wholly appreciates the Shark recs, it’s in the mail

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

drat that’s cool. I have a friend who might’ve fainted if they were that close.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

or had their eye put out

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

I stopped breathing for a minute and then remembered to do video but it’s just her riding away in a golf cart

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://twitter.com/ForTheWin/status/1726012244800962911

cool shadow lurking, Joey

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hospital food is generally not good.

Being on a clear liquid diet and eating hospital sugar-free "Jell-O" is pure torture.

gently caress.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Timby posted:

Being on a clear liquid diet and eating hospital sugar-free "Jell-O" is pure torture.

gently caress.

You’re back in the hospital?

I remember when I had my appendix out when I was 10 I had to be on a clear liquid diet for a week. I thing but jello and broth.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thanks for all the TV recs y’all I think im going to take a trip up to Costco in the morning and decide if I want to get a QLED or Crystal UHD. I don’t think I have the stomach for spending over a grand on an OLED—particularly when we aren’t like huge home theater people or anything.

Occasional video games, Netflix documentaries and cartoons are about all that happens here.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Timby posted:

gently caress.

My dad somehow went into remission from type II diabetes while spending about 2 months in the hospital from getting hit by a car, and he claimed the food there might've been part of the reason why.

I'm not sure if that's an endorsement, or even if it's possible, but apparently it happened.

What are you there for, if you don't mind me asking? I know clear liquids are often given right after surgeries until anesthesia wears off, but not much more than that.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 19, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Caught an afternoon showing of The Marvels and I'm glad I paid matinee prices because that film is a mess. There are definitely things I liked and in the end I was entertained, but in no way would I consider that movie good.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Had the house to myself today, all I did was get too high, order a vacuum and watched a shiiit load of Gargoyles, on S2 E6

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I went off the deep end looking at redoing my built in entertainment center, and am currently looking at how I can fit two 9ft^3 slot port subwoofers inside of it.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Rectal Placenta posted:

I went off the deep end looking at redoing my built in entertainment center, and am currently looking at how I can fit two 9ft^3 slot port subwoofers inside of it.

Does redoing the entertainment center mean chopping it up for firewood and mounting the TV and speakers on the wall?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Joey Freshwater posted:

I practically fan-girl squealed because Caroline "Uncle Carol" Rose liked a comment I made on one of their stories, so I understand completely.

Especially since you would have to be some kind of monster not to love Dolly Parton.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
She tried to sing Rocky top but the Audio was all hosed I’ll and she couldn’t hear herself apparently but I was still j the same building and she’s amazing and I love her

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
lol I found out the Pop Warner team I played on at age 12 has a website that sells (to be honest, pretty cool looking) team t-shirts you can customize with your little kid's player number

Mom and Dad getting the weirdest Christmas gifts on Earth

(to be clear, I played for that team 35 years ago. I played a game against Terrel Davis)

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I went bowling with some friends and I am just absolutely awful at it. Still had fun but my pride was a littlr damaged that a 6 year old got a better score than me.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

MrLogan posted:

Does redoing the entertainment center mean chopping it up for firewood and mounting the TV and speakers on the wall?

I built it originally with a false wall and modular bookshelves and cabinets and stuff, it's not like an old 80's chonky oak sort of deal

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I went bowling with some friends and I am just absolutely awful at it. Still had fun but my pride was a littlr damaged that a 6 year old got a better score than me.

Sorry for your forearm for the next few days haha. My best bowling memory was being blitzed as hell and gutterballing with the bumpers up

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 19, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

But that’s awesome, my last celeb thing was being in the same Disney Store with Ted Danson at the Santa Monica mall

Oh and my aunt dated John Stamos’ cousin during peak Full House, I have old Polaroids of me playing piano with Paula Abdul (they were dating at the time) and John stamos lifting me up while smoking a cigar (I was like 6) somewhere

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

My bowling advice is to never use the thumb hole and just spin that thing as much as you can trying to put it in the pocket.

I am not a particularly good bowler but that's more fun watching things move that just watching your pathetic little attempts go off course.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

IMO you only need one subwoofer (sound at frequencies below like 150hz, which is probably where your crossover is at, isn't really directional) and you also don't want it anchored into the wall unless you like your entire house vibrating. I'd love to have the rest of my speakers embedded in walls and the ceiling and stuff but I'd leave the sub cube in the corner, ideally on pointy feet to minimize transmission of vibrations into the floor.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I started learn to skate lessons. I'm... very bad on two thin blades and all ice below me!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

I started learn to skate lessons. I'm... very bad on two thin blades and all ice below me!!

Don't dare me to give you advice on this, I've been annoying my friend whose kid is starting hockey with whole rear end screeds. (I actually know something about this unlike bowling, ha)