Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

A MIRACLE posted:

band of brothers was kind of boring

Well, that's a hot take if ever i saw one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Octy posted:

Masters of the Air dropped a trailer a few days ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RWohylGm3c

It's been a long wait...

What an awful show title

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Is this where we talk about Monarch

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Ungratek posted:

Is this where we talk about Monarch

yea

it's watchable so far

Also gotta mention the John Goodman cameo outta nowhere

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Shenanigans with this bat/dragon thing better take up most of the next episode, because they are not really delivering much monster so far. I admit I was really figuring Monarch being more of a protagonist organization, and not CSM from the X-Files.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

kri kri posted:

What an awful show title

I hope they don't just cram the Red Tails into an campaign they weren't a part of, I really hope they are doing what they did and flying out of Italy

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Scrotum Modem posted:

yea

it's watchable so far

I enjoyed the first two episodes of Monarch. All the monster scenes looked good. The John Goodman running scene near the start looked hilariously and I was worried about the show for a few minutes.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Scrotum Modem posted:

yea

it's watchable so far

I initially wasn’t sure if that was from Kong: Skull Island or not, but in retrospect the bit with the bag should clued me in to that it was new footage

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Definitely watchable so far

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I was looking for the thread for Monarch, so I'll just comment here.

I liked it

There isn't a lot of monsters to see, but the mystery of the cheating dad with two secret lives is intriguing. I kind thought going back and forth between flashbacks was gonna get annoying quickly but it was tolerable. Watchable indeed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I like Lessons in Chemistry but I'm getting sick of entire episodes of flashbacks to things we didn't see before and then 5 minutes furthering the plot.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

I like Lessons in Chemistry but I'm getting sick of entire episodes of flashbacks to things we didn't see before and then 5 minutes furthering the plot.

I feel the same. This penpal episode and the dog episode just feel actively bad in a way the rest of the show avoids.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

But hey, the episode gave us the one thing we were all clamouring for - more child actors.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Really liking Monarch so far! Also didn’t realize that the dude playing young Kurt Russell is actually his son irl.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I accidentally watched the second episode of Monarch first and it wasn't even all that confusing considering the episode opens with the story of how some of the characters met each other. The other timeline was a bit harder to parse but it didn't take long to figure it out and I thought that was part of the mystery. Oh well!

Enjoying it so far, it seems less dumb than King of the Monsters and GvK.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

My wife is furious that Salesforce Tower is seen in SF four years before it was built.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Madurai posted:

My wife is furious that Salesforce Tower is seen in SF four years before it was built.

Alternate universes aren't subject to the same design planning and developer red tape we are.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Monarch e3

No, don’t kill Du-Ho, I love him.

I appreciate their willingness to add more monsters though. Just going hog-wild

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Monarch e3

No, don’t kill Du-Ho, I love him.

I appreciate their willingness to add more monsters though. Just going hog-wild

Monarch is actually good and probably deserves its own thread.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Gimme the odds that Monarch ends up doing Hollow Earth / Mountains Of Madness.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Open Source Idiom posted:

None zero

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Likely story mister dinosaur

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I hope the season finale is just Godzilla fighting a monster and Jet Jaguar. Don't be a coward Hollywood, you gave me mechagodzilla, now gimme Jet Jaguar!

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Desperado Bones posted:

I hope the season finale is just Godzilla fighting a monster and Jet Jaguar. Don't be a coward Hollywood, you gave me mechagodzilla, now gimme Jet Jaguar!

Megalon please, it's his 50th Birthday. Megalon rules!
e: you can't have Megalon without JJ, it's just not right.

Stegosnaurlax fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Nov 23, 2023

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

:yeah:

That would be so drat awesome!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Open Source Idiom posted:

I thought GvK had a whole Hollow Earth thing already?

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Yeah it did, but it didn't really try and explain it or make it cool. Just needed to hand wave a godzilla jeffereies toob

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Slow Horses s3 starting off with two solid episodes

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Yeah, and from the looks of the GxK trailer, it seems they’re going to expand on that mythology

e:

Kloaked00 posted:

Yeah, it’s really good two episodes in. I really enjoy how Gary Oldman’s character has gotten fatter and more obnoxious throughout the series

eighty-four merc fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 4, 2023

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Episode 3 of Slow Horses is up, and that was a very satisfying episode.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Ninurta posted:

"I'd advise you to leave, quickly!"

"I'd advise you to leave the windows open."

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kloaked00 posted:

Love that episode 2 is just a reminder of why Cartwright is in Slough House. He never stops and thinks about things, and his default setting is Two Fisted Man Of Action instead of, you know, actual spy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Enjoying this season even more than the first two tbh. They’re all so useless it owns

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Ninurta posted:

In very many ways

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
the main problem with Monarch is that everybody except Kurt Russell is an absolute loving moron.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I just started episode 3 of slow horses and lol that cold open

Edit: wow that just kept getting better

mystes fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 10, 2023

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

the main problem with Monarch is that everybody except Kurt Russell is an absolute loving moron.

They are really leaning into this whole "make every character as unlikeable as possible" angle. I suppose its to make us all cheer when they're squished by monsters later.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Madurai posted:

They are really leaning into this whole "make every character as unlikeable as possible" angle. I suppose its to make us all cheer when they're squished by monsters later.

I will take back all my criticisms if that happens

e: lmao I just remembered in the V reboot when one of the main characters who was a sulky fuckwit teen that literally every person watching hated, finally got loving devoured and the showrunners were shocked that people were ecstatic at this turn of events instead of the shock they were going for.

Just-In-Timeberlake fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 10, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
For a comfy ensemble show Slow Horses loves killing a bunch of its characters every season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I don't know that I'd describe a violent and sweary British spy series a "comfy ensemble".