Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
john mearsheimer is incredibly brave and im happy hes being honest and direct this has solidified his credibility immensely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

FlapYoJacks posted:

Israel is so incredibly bad at the PR game. Also, why are they attacking the UN? The UN has been deepthroating Israel and giving them a reach around since the beginning? :confused:

https://twitter.com/israel/status/1725503592361062804

If you push Zionists on this even a little bit they'll immediately start talking about Cannibal Holocaust gore rape, and the Israeli government itself declined to investigate any rape claims. So accountability starts at home, imo.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dti

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

DTI
DTA

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
DTI
DTA
DTUN

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

FlapYoJacks posted:

DTI
DTA
DTUN

dun dun dun...

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0CerQcBZu8

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/SpriterMonitor1/status/1726016323673534738

They shot it down over Zeila, which means it barely even took off from the American base in Djibouti lol.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/SpriterMonitor1/status/1726016323673534738

They shot it down over Zeila, which means it barely even took off from the American base in Djibouti lol.

no way the yemenis can keep this up at <1% of the cost

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

BrotherJayne posted:

Lol you talking about the one where he's talking about the Americans being repulsed, and an M1 Abrahms goes by in the background smashing poo poo up?

yea

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ansar Allah is pound for pound the most effective fighting force in the world alongside Hamas.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Ansar Allah is pound for pound the most effective fighting force in the world alongside Hamas.

Spiritual sons and daughters of Võ Nguyên Giáp

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Gotta think the Zionists are ratcheting up the warcrimes because they know the end is nearing

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Palladium posted:

no way the yemenis can keep this up at <1% of the cost

According to locals in that region of Somalia, there’s so many drones and missiles and anti-aircraft stuff flying around that they believed Ethiopia might have been invading again.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Al! posted:

hamas turned on motion smoothing

:ibadpop:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you push Zionists on this even a little bit they'll immediately start talking about Cannibal Holocaust gore rape, and the Israeli government itself declined to investigate any rape claims. So accountability starts at home, imo.

Their parallel reality is very qanon in a way.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

screamed “free palestine” at a pathetic little ukraine rally, then had lunch and ran off to join a huge pro palestine rally

it’s not a popular opinion in this thread, but i like alot of people, whether leftist or liberal, were generally supportive of ukraine at the outset of the war in 2022. but then when the recent israel genocide on palestine went hot ukraine behaved in an absolutely craven manner just to keep the flow of materiel incoming

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
Something I don't see mentioned here is that the classic American playbook of unilateral sanctions and just openly arming the opposition can be turned right around on Israel by the international community at large, and if I had to guess that is a possible and effective route to international support for Palestine we could see play out. For one, just like for the Americans this incurs very little domestic political cost to intact sanctions, and just like cutting off diplomatic ties I think you could see a combined international effort to build a block to implement sanction through say South America, Turkey, China and Russia. I think this is more likely as ceasefire will never really materialize and the domestic outrage from those countries isn't going to dissipate anytime soon, and it provides a tangible low commitment path to quell discontent by "actually doing something" about the crisis. What would normally be preventing this is the threat of retaliatory American sanctions in turn, but I think that ship has sailed and is essentially out of the cards for the US now as it's not going to be worth starting a greater trade war over such a milquetoast escalation, and yes the Americans are fully capable of funding Israel on it's own for the short term so the threat is minimized.

So while sanctions from the other half of the planet would only compromise Israeli finance and trade to a small degree it is not completely negligible, it would put greater strain on the Israeli state to make up those shortfalls in goods and the domestic economy would slip even further. But what I also think is that this degree of escalation to sanctions, just like with the Russia / Ukraine war, opens up the possibility of openly arming and supplying the Israeli opposition (which is to say Hamas and Hezbollah) without trigging a significant diplomatic response. Russia is already sanctioned by the west, they don't care about that anymore, so just say dumping some crates of Iglas on Hamas would cost them essentially nothing and seriously gently caress up the ability of Israel to operate inside of Gaza and do more to threaten American hegemony for the money than literally anything else they could do. Or if anyone willing to supply Hezbollah with actual long range anti-aircraft weapons that would suddenly put Israeli air superiority in question. Even simple things like small arms, fuel, medical supplies, and essential consumer goods will add up and anyone could give these things to an intermediary to pass on. Given that this looks like it is going to drag out indefinitely this kind of support and a tightening of options for the Israeli state has the potential to drive the cost of the war significantly and put Israel into a more negative state of attrition with a force that is already not up to the task of fighting this war. Even without a big regional escalation of direct involvement, if the current combatants are shored up for the long term they can simply boil that frog slowly until Israel is suddenly in a position where it can no longer effectively continue the offensive.

Unfortunately I just don't actually see a situation where tens of thousands more Palestinians don't die regardless.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Sherbert Hoover posted:

when you genocide
and your husband died
who you gonna call?
ghost busters!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Love to maintain pure bloodlines through any means necessary.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Six more Nazis down, zero distance kill 🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻

Urgent | Al-Qassam Brigades: Our mujahideen killed 6 Zionist soldiers from a zero distance in Juhr al-Dik after attacking them with an anti-personnel missile.

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1726140852047601893?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Sherbert Hoover posted:

when you genocide
and your husband died
who you gonna call?
ghost busters!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Blackhawk posted:

Love to maintain pure bloodlines through any means necessary.

yeah, don't want any embarrassing human ancestry getting in

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

this does make me wonder if those stories of Hamas guys wandering into people's houses and asking for a banana were actually Hamas. imagining them not even having a gun but the settlers were too petrified to notice

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

senile lich king Biden put out an insane op-ed in the washington post which he thinks Hamas, Putin, and Corn Pop are all the axis of evil challenge america must face up to

https://twitter.com/abuhilalah/status/1726113611041407369?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

imagine being the worlds most powerful country, but a militia formed in a concentration camp you sponsored is your big epoch-defining challenge.

also guess what america, youre losing this challenge, Hamas is gonna win, and your nuclear submarines and two carrier fleets couldnt change that reality.

here is a copy paste of the text of the tweet:-

==========

Due to his inability to concentrate at a press conference, Blinken wrote an article on behalf of Biden and published it in The Washington Post. The most important aspect of the article is his explanation of Netanyahu's press conference. In his article in The Washington Post, Biden called for the establishment of a "renewed Palestinian authority, and simultaneously, Netanyahu, in a press conference at the same time, called for a "renewed" Palestinian authority, meaning a change in the Palestinian leadership.
Biden says, "As we strive diligently for peace, it is necessary to reunify Gaza and the West Bank under one governing structure, ultimately under a renewed Palestinian authority."
◾️ A superficial Zionist article, likens Hamas to Putin, ignores the existence of the Palestinian people and their fight for their rights, just as he disregards the differences between a major power like Russia and a resistance movement like Hamas. The truth is that Netanyahu is more like Putin in Chechnya and Ukraine! Biden says, “Both Putin and Hamas are fighting to erase a neighboring democracy from the map.”
◾️In his article, he sends a threatening message to Iran, ‘We will continue to work to prevent the spread and escalation of this conflict. Two groups of American aircraft carriers have been ordered to the region to enhance deterrence. We are pursuing Hamas and those who fund and facilitate its terrorism.”

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"4 students from a university in the north have been arrested on suspicion of incitement and supporting terrorism. One of the suspects posted a picture of a terrorist placing a hostage on a jeep and wrote: "I wanted to get emotional from this image, but it's nothing compared to what the occupation is doing in Gaza." Another one shared a photo of a newspaper describing the horrible massacre [probably referring to October 7th] along with a heart emoji and a Palestine flag."

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1726149700640800779?t=PiIPGz85DLlS28c1VzlApg&s=19

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/keewa/status/1726135960285700550

https://twitter.com/keewa/status/1726139054628938094

Apparently Hamas base being in that hospital was a plot-line on Israeli 24.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Sancho Banana posted:

"4 students from a university in the north have been arrested on suspicion of incitement and supporting terrorism. One of the suspects posted a picture of a terrorist placing a hostage on a jeep and wrote: "I wanted to get emotional from this image, but it's nothing compared to what the occupation is doing in Gaza." Another one shared a photo of a newspaper describing the horrible massacre [probably referring to October 7th] along with a heart emoji and a Palestine flag."

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1726149700640800779?t=PiIPGz85DLlS28c1VzlApg&s=19

European style democracies behead their citizens for criticizing the government like THIS,

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

30.5 Days posted:

this does make me wonder if those stories of Hamas guys wandering into people's houses and asking for a banana were actually Hamas. imagining them not even having a gun but the settlers were too petrified to notice

we stole their homes for 75 years and they FLIPPED THE loving TV?

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
a Hamas came in my house and got really mad playing wii bowling and that's how my tv broke

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
https://twitter.com/jeevanrai/status/1725956060488302660?s=46&t=oj8keVLy-071387ITfdh2A

:hmmyes:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

VROOM VROOM posted:

a Hamas came in my house and got really mad playing wii bowling and that's how my tv broke

they probably aced the sports resort hang gliding at least

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

we can laugh about it, but this is literally written into law in at least one european country

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

VROOM VROOM posted:

hamas stole my icecream

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

GoLambo posted:

Something I don't see mentioned here is that the classic American playbook of unilateral sanctions and just openly arming the opposition can be turned right around on Israel by the international community at large, and if I had to guess that is a possible and effective route to international support for Palestine we could see play out. For one, just like for the Americans this incurs very little domestic political cost to intact sanctions, and just like cutting off diplomatic ties I think you could see a combined international effort to build a block to implement sanction through say South America, Turkey, China and Russia. I think this is more likely as ceasefire will never really materialize and the domestic outrage from those countries isn't going to dissipate anytime soon, and it provides a tangible low commitment path to quell discontent by "actually doing something" about the crisis. What would normally be preventing this is the threat of retaliatory American sanctions in turn, but I think that ship has sailed and is essentially out of the cards for the US now as it's not going to be worth starting a greater trade war over such a milquetoast escalation, and yes the Americans are fully capable of funding Israel on it's own for the short term so the threat is minimized.

So while sanctions from the other half of the planet would only compromise Israeli finance and trade to a small degree it is not completely negligible, it would put greater strain on the Israeli state to make up those shortfalls in goods and the domestic economy would slip even further. But what I also think is that this degree of escalation to sanctions, just like with the Russia / Ukraine war, opens up the possibility of openly arming and supplying the Israeli opposition (which is to say Hamas and Hezbollah) without trigging a significant diplomatic response. Russia is already sanctioned by the west, they don't care about that anymore, so just say dumping some crates of Iglas on Hamas would cost them essentially nothing and seriously gently caress up the ability of Israel to operate inside of Gaza and do more to threaten American hegemony for the money than literally anything else they could do. Or if anyone willing to supply Hezbollah with actual long range anti-aircraft weapons that would suddenly put Israeli air superiority in question. Even simple things like small arms, fuel, medical supplies, and essential consumer goods will add up and anyone could give these things to an intermediary to pass on. Given that this looks like it is going to drag out indefinitely this kind of support and a tightening of options for the Israeli state has the potential to drive the cost of the war significantly and put Israel into a more negative state of attrition with a force that is already not up to the task of fighting this war. Even without a big regional escalation of direct involvement, if the current combatants are shored up for the long term they can simply boil that frog slowly until Israel is suddenly in a position where it can no longer effectively continue the offensive.

Unfortunately I just don't actually see a situation where tens of thousands more Palestinians don't die regardless.

As decrepit and confused as the Rules Based International Order is, the ability of other nations to formally and informally sanction Israel is limited. And if anyone tries to do so formally, expect massive pushback from the US and its EU running dogs, with counter sanctions of their own. Lord knows I'm doing my part, I never buy Israeli junk, but I am one cog and I don't consume that much anyway.

And as for the economic contraction of Israel, be very cautious expecting it to collapse their war effort. As a comparison to Russia, while the sanctions upon it hurt and have real costs, there are no signs that there will be a general uprising to oust Putin, nor replace him with an even more far right leader. If anything, the Russian economic policy more resembles Bush era policy post Iraq War, which aimed to insulate the Russian public from the costs of the war.

There's also a comparison to be made with Ukraine as well, which also saw a massive total war mobilization and economic contraction. But that was actually necessary to build up the combat strength of the UA to hold the line, and it was paired with enormous losses of economically productive regions and ports. Meanwhile Israel's mobilization and economic contraction is foolish and self-inflicted, it's not like those mobilized personnel are being used in combat to screen tanks or hold hostile territory, the'yre just milling around doing who knows what.

But even then, just as the Ukrainian economy was subsidized by the US, they too can and will subsidize the Israeli economy even as the Imperial heartland's economy slowly collapses. So sure there is a bipartisan consensus within the American Empire to tie itself into a murder-suicide pact with the Israel colonial project, but it can hold out for far longer than the rest of the world.

As for running supplies and arms to Gaza, I don't see that as too viable anyway. Unlike Ukraine which has safe harbors in the form of Poland and Romania, Gaza is fully blockaded by land and sea. Outside a few tunnels to Egypt, there is no traffic.

Ceasefire now is pretty much the best option in the short term. Beyond that, it's playing it by ear, and continuing to support the Palestinian cause.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

uh p sure this guy thinks the US and rest of the world will be completely happy to help genocide... which over the last few decades has been holding up

idk maybe instead they think they can nuke god

i guess welcome to ww3 either way this is stunningly hosed up how do you fix this how do you contribute to fixing this

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Al-Saqr Flood is Playing at My House - LCD Soundsystem

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Hamas came into my home and played a movie and kept pausing it to explain scenes to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dongicus posted:

lol until he pointed the gun...