Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
first time i was in a game where we did that, i immediately thought of vt2's righteous stand finale. yeah, should probably get rid of it somehow because it's way too easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

lmao

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Yeah something is off with the spawns, I'm tired of every game being nonstop mutant yelling.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think they should change the carnival finale so people can't do the entrance strat, just make a forced drop-down at that point.

I might agree if they made opening the roof about about 25% shorter.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Everyone has to be on top of things much more this patch, one person getting netted can end in a failure cascade as the other 3 netters hidden behind the flamethrowers and bomber fires rev up for the rescuers.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've been netted through solid objects multiple times this week and feel like maybe that should not happen

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Overpressure/Blaze Away flamers. I understand.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Does vets' early talent that increases Aura radius affect how far your shout's toughness buff will reach too? Or is that limited by the actual shout's range? Having a ball on a plasma vet with shout/weapon spec keystone, even with (or because of) all the ridiculous spawns.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Playing for first time in a while, game is so good now. Everything feels good, I have actual goals to work towards and stuff to tinker with.
Nice to see the player base has recovered from the 2k lows too.

Excited for what the future brings.

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010
:yeah:
I started playing the game a couple of weeks ago, after bouncing off of it at launch.

The gameplay is fun and satisfying, and the sound design is so good!

Luv me dark-tide, luv me emp-ruh.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Fishstick posted:

Does vets' early talent that increases Aura radius affect how far your shout's toughness buff will reach too? Or is that limited by the actual shout's range? Having a ball on a plasma vet with shout/weapon spec keystone, even with (or because of) all the ridiculous spawns.

I believe shout says it affects "allies in coherency" so extending your coherency radius should help.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Fishstick posted:

As long as your team has coherency (look for the skull icon next to their name) they get the toughness boost; you don't need line of sight or they can be a ways away because coherency daisy chains.

The radius for the shout is for the knockdown and the pickup if you have the revive shout.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fishstick posted:

Yeah, it also functionally increases the range of your skills that regen allies toughness on kills and such, its a worthwhile pickup as team support, but not a must have.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It is funny to look at the steam charts and you can see the player base make a very steep and steady decline from 90k when they took their december/january break and left dogmode on that entire time, by the time january ended the game had 5-10k on average, then around summer while they were working on the console version and everyone thought the game was abandoned it went to 2-3k daily until patch 13 on oct4 where the game hit 33k players on the weekend and has kept a steady 20-25k since then.

Now they just need to not gently caress things up before turning off the lights for their 2 month vacation with a dogmode 2.0.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Instead of dogmode it will be mutant mode. All screaming all the time no volume control no directional sound.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It is funny to look at the steam charts and you can see the player base make a very steep and steady decline from 90k when they took their december/january break and left dogmode on that entire time, by the time january ended the game had 5-10k on average, then around summer while they were working on the console version and everyone thought the game was abandoned it went to 2-3k daily until patch 13 on oct4 where the game hit 33k players on the weekend and has kept a steady 20-25k since then.

Now they just need to not gently caress things up before turning off the lights for their 2 month vacation with a dogmode 2.0.

I think the ideal is just having updates of 2-3 new maps with new weapons every 3-4 months. Hoping the second half of the carnival delivers that.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Arc Hammer posted:

Instead of dogmode it will be mutant mode. All screaming all the time no volume control no directional sound.

Every loving time you get in an elevator anymore.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I am hoping for a diamantine sink one of these days, maybe spend a large sum of diamantine and unlock the 3rd and 4th locked crafting slots at Hadron.
Another large sum and you can move stats around on a weapon, 10% mobility gets shifted to the other stats randomly.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sharkopath posted:

I think the ideal is just having updates of 2-3 new maps with new weapons every 3-4 months. Hoping the second half of the carnival delivers that.

Yeah more than anything I still just want more maps, that's always been my biggest gripe, we don't have enough maps and what we do have all blends together too easily, dark manufactorum floor, dark engine room, dark industrial area, I know that's imperium aesthetic at large but throw some weirder stuff in there too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They could have an area where you travel through where they make the food for a hive, the Ogyn's can get some freshly made corpse starch.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Ahem, you mean copse stach surely

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Accurate.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What's a good hammer-user build look like, from talents to hammer stats? My zealots have always been fastbois.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What's a good hammer-user build look like, from talents to hammer stats? My zealots have always been fastbois.

Defenses and Crowd control are the dump stats, though preferably Defenses is the one you want to be the lowest stat since Crowd Control buffs your attack speed.

Headtaker is arguably one of the best blessings, with your choice of Thrust, Slaughterer, Thunderous all being good second choices. Thurst if you want to one shot/do obscene damage to crushers/monsters, Slaughterer if you want to focus on managing hordes and dealing with small elites easier, Thunderous for big targets as well.

This is all for the Crucis mk2, I'm not as familiar with making use of the Ironhelm and it feels different enough I'd probably recommend different blessings aside from Headtaker.

For talents I just go with Charge for the free crit and regaining 50% toughness + attack speed, and Martrydom keystone because Momentum feels like poo poo to use and TH doesn't attack fast enough to really make use of crits effectively imo. You really want to pick up the backstab talent at the very top of the tree, as well as the Pious Backstab at the bottom for refunding CD (imo just one of the most busted talents Zealot has right now, super easy to proc.) I also grab Until Death and Holy Revenant since I'm using Martyrdom anyway.

Use heavies to manage hordes, light for smaller groups or powered bonks on human sized elites and bulwarks (not maulers unless you don't have the room to swing a heavy), powered heavy attacks for crushers and mutants.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 19, 2023

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TaurusTorus posted:

I want a volley gun and a melta gun for the vet. The lack of a volley gun is weird to me since the scab gunners have one already.

hotshot lasgun lets go

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Crowd control buffs attack speed? What?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

S.J. posted:

Crowd control buffs attack speed? What?

examine it in the detailed weapon view.

Really if there's any advice new players should take from this: when equipping an item if you wonder what any stat does, check the weapon Inspection menu and look at stat breakdowns.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Evil Kit posted:

examine it in the detailed weapon view.

Really if there's any advice new players should take from this: when equipping an item if you wonder what any stat does, check the weapon Inspection menu and look at stat breakdowns.

I've looked at detail weapon view a bunch but I didn't even know clicking on those stats was an option. I've been playing since day 1 of the beta lol

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

yeah wtf

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

i miss when games came in boxes with manuals

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

S.J. posted:

I've looked at detail weapon view a bunch but I didn't even know clicking on those stats was an option. I've been playing since day 1 of the beta lol

lmao same. I only knew to hover over them

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If you run Crucis take the top left talent that gives an additional 7.5% toughness on heavy kill. The Crucis horde clear pattern is heavy > heavy > heavy so every swing procs this talent across many guys so you are constantly healing 1/3 of your toughness each swing. If there is a horde to hit you can't die.

Tap block > light > light > tap block > light > light is a fun single target pattern, you can block cancel to not get light attack 3 and just bonk with vertical headshots over and over Lights are great for cleaning up guys the heavy bowled over if there aren't more guys to heavy. Hold a WASD direction when you heavy, you get a big movement boost when you swing.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I would never tell a veteran they were wrong for using a chainsword, but oh man, I am a die-hard partisan for the Mark IV Devil Claw now.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

S.J. posted:

:same:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Considering the wind up time in activating the weapon and prepping a heavy attack, the animation lock while the chainsaw goes off, and the fact that Ragers tend to show up in numbers, I think the Eviscerator should slay a Damnation Rager with an activated heavy attack.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I love dogmode https://i.imgur.com/nnSqrbD.mp4

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

SuperKlaus posted:

Considering the wind up time in activating the weapon and prepping a heavy attack, the animation lock while the chainsaw goes off, and the fact that Ragers tend to show up in numbers, I think the Eviscerator should slay a Damnation Rager with an activated heavy attack.

After the last Rager buff, I upgraded some melee weapons that are now +maniac and +flak armor damage. if my class/weapon can't take out pox walkers quickly, I switch flak armor to unarmored. I've been using the quickdraw pistol on both my Zealot and my Veteran to take out the heavier stuff.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

lol that's one plasma shot

I assume the icons spammed at the bottom are "hey your shot went through a dude?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

S.J. posted:

You don't even click, you just hover over the stat itself with the cursor. Idk, seems intuitive to me but then again I miss some obvious poo poo in puzzles or navigation in games.

Still, genuinely surprised so many people in the thread didn't know.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

lol that's one plasma shot

I assume the icons spammed at the bottom are "hey your shot went through a dude?"

Those are your procs of Confirmed Kill, it gives an additional ticks of toughness replenishment after the up front burst it gives.