Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

That's right, 294 of them are HMs!

they're all candidate pal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

HM: Jon Moxley vs. OC
WMOTY: Hikaru Shida vs. Toni Storm
MOTY: Tag Team Ladder Match
HM: Statlander vs. Julia vs. Blue
HM: Swerve vs. Hangman
WMOTY: Super MJF vs. Jay White. MJF continues to be 2005 John Cena, but somehow more annoying.

In conclusion, AEW is a land of contrasts.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Jay White vs MJF

Nth

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Defenestrategy posted:

AEW Full Gear 11/18/23

HM: Big Billiam/Starks vs FTR vs LFI vs House of Black - Ladder Tag Championship
MOTYC: Swerve vs Hangman - Texas Death
HM: Statlander vs Julia vs Skyeblue - TBS Championship
WMOTYC: MJF vs Jay White - AEW Championship - The ending buried Bullet Club Gold so deep that Jay White is taking time off in New Zealand
HM: MJF vs Jay White - AEW Championship - The match itself was very good.

Nthing these ones.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Buddy Matthews vs. Claudio Castagnoli - Full Gear Zero Hour - 11/18
HM: Sting, Adam Copeland, & Darby Allin vs. The Patriarchy - Full Gear - 11/18
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Orange Cassidy (c) - AEW International Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18
HM: Toni Storm vs. Hikaru Shida (c) - AEW Women's Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18
HM: Ricky Starks & Big Bill (c) vs. Kings of the Black Throne vs. FTR vs. Los Faccion Ingobernables - AEW Tag Team Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18
MOTY: Adam Page vs. Swerve Strickland - Texas Death Match - Full Gear - 11/18
MOTYC: Kris Statlander (c) vs. Skye Blue vs. Julia Hart - TBS Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18
HM: Young Bucks vs. Golden Jets - Full Gear - 11/18
HM: MJF (c) vs. Jay White - AEW World Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18

what a pape

graph fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Nov 19, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Real World Tag League/Jr Battle of Glory Night 3 November 19th
MOTYC
Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi and Hideki Okatani) vs Shuji Ishikawa and Ren Ayabe
- A couple of young lads and their violence dads. This match absolutely rocked, the best spot for Ishikawa at this point in his career

Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara and Yuma Aoyagi) vs Yuma Anzai and Ryuki Honda
- Kento and Yuma are the best in the world, Honda and the other Yuma aren't too far behind. Crowd was fantastic, way better than you'd think considering the venue was half empty

HM
Rising HAYATO vs Ryo Inoue
Dan Tamura vs Atsuki Aoyagi

That main event hosed, All Japan continues to punch well above it's weight

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Fish Of Doom posted:

HM: Jon Moxley vs. OC
WMOTY: Hikaru Shida vs. Toni Storm
MOTY: Tag Team Ladder Match
HM: Statlander vs. Julia vs. Blue
HM: Swerve vs. Hangman
WMOTY: Super MJF vs. Jay White. MJF continues to be 2005 John Cena, but somehow more annoying.

In conclusion, AEW is a land of contrasts.

nth. main event angle was atrocious

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

AEW FULL GEAR 2023

HM: Ladder Match for the Tag Titles
MOTYC: Statlander, Julia Hart and Skye Blue for the TBS Title
MOTYC: Swerve vs Hangman in TEXAS DEATH
WMOTYC: Jay White vs MJF for the World Title.

The match itself was good, but the whole angle and dumb bullshit around it made their number 1 contender look like a massive geek, made no loving sense and was so convoluted and insanely stupid and bad that I genuinely can't think of anything worse I've ever seen in AEW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Orange Cassidy (c) - AEW International Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18
HM: Toni Storm vs. Hikaru Shida (c) - AEW Women's Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18
HM: Ricky Starks & Big Bill (c) vs. Kings of the Black Throne vs. FTR vs. Los Faccion Ingobernables - AEW Tag Team Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18
MOTYC: Kris Statlander (c) vs. Skye Blue vs. Julia Hart - TBS Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18

what a pape

This is where I land.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

AEW FULL GEAR 2023

HM: Ladder Match for the Tag Titles
MOTYC: Statlander, Julia Hart and Skye Blue for the TBS Title
MOTYC: Swerve vs Hangman in TEXAS DEATH
WMOTYC: Jay White vs MJF for the World Title.

The match itself was good, but the whole angle and dumb bullshit around it made their number 1 contender look like a massive geek, made no loving sense and was so convoluted and insanely stupid and bad that I genuinely can't think of anything worse I've ever seen in AEW.

Care to spoil?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pillowpants posted:

Care to spoil?

MJF got "injured" earlier in the night, Cole subbed in due to a Bullshit Stipulation, then when it came time for the match an injured MJF came out and fought from underneath. Jay White dominated, MJF survived a belt shot where Cole "accidentally" gave the ROH tag title to Jay, and then later "accidentally" gave the diamond ring to him too. MJF eventually won after a ring shot of his own. Personally I really liked it and thought that while it was absurdly overbooked it was no more absurdly overbooked than any of MJF's other matches. I also thought Jay White came out of it looking like a monster. But some people really hated it I guess.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lamuella posted:

MJF got "injured" earlier in the night, Cole subbed in due to a Bullshit Stipulation, then when it came time for the match an injured MJF came out and fought from underneath. Jay White dominated, MJF survived a belt shot where Cole "accidentally" gave the ROH tag title to Jay, and then later "accidentally" gave the diamond ring to him too. MJF eventually won after a ring shot of his own. Personally I really liked it and thought that while it was absurdly overbooked it was no more absurdly overbooked than any of MJF's other matches. I also thought Jay White came out of it looking like a monster. But some people really hated it I guess.

Like I said, the match itself was good, but the injury angle added nothing and just made Jay White look like a geek, because he couldn't win against a man with a broken leg who had to escape from the hospital, even with copious amounts of cheating and interference. It would've been a really good match with just that removed, even keeping the ending and the bigger MJF / Cole shenanigans storyline going.

As it stands, having the thing run through the show actively detracted from my enjoyment of the pape so I'm dinging the match hard for that, even though as a pure wrestling match it could've been a HM.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

what a pape

I think I’m here

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Putting in the correct thread,

MOTYC:Swerve vs Hanger, Texas Death Match, Full Gear 11/18/23

Nana is nuts for taking that bump.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Lamuella posted:

So it sounds like people are nominating a frustrating match as Wmoty instead of everything the wwe puts in Smackdown weekly

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Pillowpants posted:

So it sounds like people are nominating a frustrating match as Wmoty instead of everything the wwe puts in Smackdown weekly

Is that unreasonable somehow?

If anyone here wanted to start watching WWE TV and nominating the matches as a WMOTY I'm sure that would be fine.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Pillowpants posted:

I assume youre required to actually watch a product before giving out wmotycs for said product?
Edit:
Personally ive been really consistent about giving matches that where good HM's or MoTYC that where good but also gave them wmotyc when they gently caress the landing.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 19, 2023

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

duckdealer posted:

Is that unreasonable somehow?

If anyone here wanted to start watching WWE TV and nominating the matches as a WMOTY I'm sure that would be fine.

Kinda, because the actual match was good

A 3 star match doesn't approach WMOTY just because people hate the booking, that's asinine

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Big lol that AEW has the most WMOTYC nods because nobody watches WWE or cares to nominate EVIL matches anymore

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Pillowpants posted:

It was the main event of a pay per view with six months plus of build, not a gently caress off Miz vs Akira Tozawa match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WMOTY: MJF vs. Jay White Full gear 2023

gently caress offffff

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Divorced from the angle, the MJF/Jay White match was decent, but that angle to get there was late stages WCW tier stupid.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pillowpants posted:

That's fine. People voting something WMOTYC is fine. Wrestling a business about payoffs & if the ending is absolute dogshit then it can ruin the whole match for some people. It's not like this is some scientific metric of good & bad wrestling that will go into the annals of history so that in 50 years time someone will look back and go "huh, that match stunk". A match I gave ****¼ to isn't actually a contender to be MOTY but it's just a way of showing I really liked this match & recommend it. That's as valid as voting a **¾ match WMOTYC because you hated one part of it. There's no real rules here besides "don't vote for things you didn't watch" & "watch All Japan" & maybe that second one isn't a rule so much as it should be.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 19, 2023

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

"watch All Japan" & maybe that second one isn't a rule so much as it should be.

more and more, people are saying this

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

SG Bamboo posted:

Big lol that AEW has the most WMOTYC nods because nobody watches WWE or cares to nominate EVIL matches anymore

I don't follow AAA's weekly product, but I'm sure they would be competitive.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Oil! posted:

I don't follow AAA's weekly product, but I'm sure they would be competitive.

The NWA is putting on the worst matches anyone has ever seen and no one but me and the former Chikara Fan Dan respects their game.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
MOTYCs and WMOTYCs are all subjective, anyway. People have nominated squashes as MOTYCs.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYCs and WMOTYCs are all subjective, anyway. People have nominated squashes as MOTYCs.

Yeah, but those are usually really good squashes.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Edward Mass posted:

People have nominated squashes as MOTYCs.

shawn dean pinning mjf was awesome lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

graph posted:

shawn dean pinning mjf was awesome lol

That was a DQ finish :eng101:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Edward Mass posted:

Well yeah, Miyu vs Juria was perfect

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
9th October
Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestle Princess IV
Miu Watanabe & Yuki Arai vs Ryo Mizunami & Yuki Aino
Watch this here

God drat Mizunami is the coolest & her & Aino are a dope team.

HM
9th October
Antonio Honda, Pom Harajuku, Shoko Nakajima & Suzume vs NEO Biishiki-gun (Martha, Mei Saint-Michel, Sakisama & Yukio Saint Laurent)
Watch this here

The coolest stable in wrestling are no more, but at least they went out in an appropriate way.

HM
9th October
Princess Tag Team Titles
Free WiFi (Hikari Noa & Nao Kakuta vs Toyo Mates (Mahiro Kiryu & Yuki Kamifuku)
Watch this here

HM
9th October
NWA Women's TV Title & International Princess Title
Max The Impaler(c) vs Rika Tatsumi(c)
Watch this here

MOTYC
9th October
Princess of Princess Title
Mizuki(c) vs Miyu Yamashita
Watch this here

2 great wrestlers have a great match. Duh. Fantastic though.

HM
18th October
Natsu Sumire 10th Anniversary: Decade of Queens
AZM, Saki Akai & Takumi Iroha vs Kaho Kobayashi, Natsu Sumire & Rina Yamashita
Watch this here

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Edward Mass posted:

That was a DQ finish :eng101:

er yeah, it was that!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

graph posted:

what a pape

Nth all this, save for one adjustment:

HM: Kris Statlander (c) vs. Skye Blue vs. Julia Hart - TBS Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18

Toni Storm got pushed from being just an ok match to ALMOST moty for me on for the entire end sequence and the commentary trying not to corpse because of the rear end pan. Wrestling is so goddamn fun sometimes.

Texas Death Match was match of the night for sure.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Orange Cassidy (c) - AEW International Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18
MOTYC: Adam Page vs. Swerve Strickland - Texas Death Match - Full Gear - 11/18

Regarding MJF vs Switchblade; not on the level of many of MJF’s matches due to the leg injury storyline, but I really liked the story of it and Cole being outside added an element of intrigue that kept me interested during some of the slower parts of the match.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HM Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa - NJPW World Tag League, November 20th.

Alex Coughlin and Ryohei Oiwa have a very good wrestling match while Gabe Kid and Kaito Kiyomiya make full force attempts to murder each other. Tremendous.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW World Tag League Night 1 November 20th
MOTYC
Bullet Club War Dogs (Gabe Kidd and Alex Coughlin) vs Kaito Kiyomiya and Ryohei Oiwa
- Gabe and Kaito pick right back up where they left it during the G1, wild men having a wild match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lamuella posted:

HM Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa - NJPW World Tag League, November 20th.

Alex Coughlin and Ryohei Oiwa have a very good wrestling match while Gabe Kid and Kaito Kiyomiya make full force attempts to murder each other. Tremendous.

2nding the HM, definitely the match of the night.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Hangman Adam Page vs. Swerve Strickland in Texas Death - AEW Full Gear 11/18
Bloody, monstrous, disgusting, revolting. Just sickening.

I nominate it for Match of the Year.

Nth. I hated every single second of that match. It was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

HM: Kris Statlander (c) vs. Skye Blue vs. Julia Hart - TBS Championship Match - Full Gear - 11/18

These are mine, Bell to Bell main event was MOTYC but the story before hand took me out enough to knock it down a peg. The Texas Death was gross awful horrifying and completely amazing extremely :sickos: stuff.