Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

She's been at the Performance Center for weeks, if there's not rave reviews coming out from people there on social media etc that's honestly already enough of a red flag

Which again, anyone who saw her in AEW could have told you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

1glitch0 posted:

I'm sure they watched her matches. I'm sure she said that she's capable of a lot more but that was all they were letting her do. And I'm sure WWE in their absolute arrogance thought they would easily unleash her potential and then once she started doing basic drills they were like oh poo poo.

Lets not forget the fable of Bret Hart and Tom Magee.

Oh man the Vince:Tom Magee::HHH:Jade comparison is really perfect.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you've cracked the case

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Jade absolutely looked like she could have done well in the WWE system but looking the part and actually doing it are two very very different things. It's real loving telling that Beepie gets to actually be on the show when they both had about as much skill in the ring while Jade has a charisma score higher than 2. I may be giving Beepie too much credit here though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They let Nia wrestle. And pushed her. And Dana Brooke. Lack of wrestling talent hasn't stopped them before.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I don't think it was ever about using Jade it was more about taking her away.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

tony for the most part knows that a good promoter will push the strengths and hide the weaknesses and it seems like he tries his best most times to do so - jade was a great example with the goldberg booking because her look and charisma could carry her easily through programs of short squash matches

wwe isn't interested in hiding your weaknesses you either get over with their awful characters and writing or you sink and drown and on to the next

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Who cares if Jade wrestles...as long as that BIG check clears every week *various emoji here*

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Orange Carlisle posted:

tony for the most part knows that a good promoter will push the strengths and hide the weaknesses and it seems like he tries his best most times to do so - jade was a great example with the goldberg booking because her look and charisma could carry her easily through programs of short squash matches

wwe isn't interested in hiding your weaknesses you either get over with their awful characters and writing or you sink and drown and on to the next

WWE absolutely hides weakness, they just do it at the expense of hiding others' strengths.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Who cares if Jade wrestles...as long as that BIG check clears every week *various emoji here*

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Davros1 posted:

WWE absolutely hides weakness, they just do it at the expense of hiding others' strengths.

Unless Vince thinks your weaknesses are very funny, at which point that's the ONLY thing they highlight

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

remember when natalya - one of the best women's wrestlers on the roster at the time and a lifelong company woman who did everything she was asked.. was all the sudden given a gimmick where she just farts on camera

bartok
May 10, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Jade should have stayed in AEW where she could wrestle and WBD could vault all her matches and use them as a tax write off. EVERYONE WOULD WIN.

I thought Jade had some really fun matches and was very quickly improving for someone who started out so green. I especially liked her final match with Kris Statlander but I guess she always sucked. My bad I forgot :(

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

She was getting a lot better by the end of her run and I don’t remember any of her last few matches looking as rough as the stuff that usually gets giffed from NXT women’s matches for being awful

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

bartok posted:

I thought Jade had some really fun matches and was very quickly improving for someone who started out so green.

Yeah there was definitely a period where she was improving by quite a bit, but then it felt like she just plateaud super hard. A lot of people were saying she needed to go on excursion to Japan or something in an effort to get the improvements going, but she just never seemed to move beyond "is big and strong, can do power moves, but is awkward at transitions and pacing".

All the stories we heard from backstage were that she was super eager to work with pros like Danielson to improve, so it doesn't feel like it was from a lack of caring or trying.

E: and as History! says, it's not like she was BAD in AEW for the most part. Her matches just looked rehearsed, similar and a bit awkward, and making that transition probably requires a LOT of practise and / or several years of real combat sports under your belt.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 19, 2023

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
the biggest advantage that AEW has over WWE is that in AEW if you mess a spot up they're not going to make you reset and do it again over and over as was wrote exactly on the piece of paper you were given 8 minutes before you walked out. Jade could get away with improv a bit in AEW, especially when guided by better wrestlers and vets but probably won't be able to do that in WWE so unless their plan is having her wrestle once every 3 months and practice that exact match over and over idk if she's going to look any better

oh wait, WWE already has a champion that only wrestles every 3 months

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There's a reason they taped most of Jade's matches.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

There's a reason they taped most of Jade's matches.

Because they weren’t on shows that aired live duh!!!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Natalya deserved to fart

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Because they weren’t on shows that aired live duh!!!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

it wouldnt surprise me if they just have no idea what story to do with Jade that meets the expectations they set, and they dont want to just repeat the streak

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Most of Jade's matches were fine, and she had a few that were really good to great. I remember her one match with Anna Jay being surprisingly fun.

TK really should have let her interact with the upper card of the women more though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He definitely should not have.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yeah people were always tough on Jade matches and she honestly improved every show. Her matches were never masterpieces but she knew how to be in the right spot at the right times and had her moves she could do well. And for the character they were pushing it worked well.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A lot of cope for a wrestler who was actually just not good or be ready to be pushed at the level they pushed her at. Jade LOOKS incredible but her timing and selling sucked.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
What I'm getting from all this is that Jade is basically the female Robert Lawshley when he was new (I have no idea how he is now, or where)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

super macho dude posted:

A lot of cope for a wrestler who was actually just not good or be ready to be pushed at the level they pushed her at. Jade LOOKS incredible but her timing and selling sucked.

Her look is the double edge sword, she came in looking like a champ and you can't really have someone like that struggle if you're eventually gotta make her the champ.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

super macho dude posted:

I dunno man I remember her later matches her timing improved by a lot and looked like she was putting in the work.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 20, 2023

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The_Rob posted:

I dunno man I remember her later matches her timing improved by a lot and looked like she was putting in the work.

You remember correctly. By the end she was having mostly cool matches and busting out something new, even something small but cool, in every match.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

dave chose loving violence lmao

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

how were the womens matches on smackdown last night?

looked up the results and there werent any but there were multiple segments through the show including opening and closing segment about who the babyface team was going to be against Damage Ctrl with them laying out everyone getting recruited.

also regarding Jade and AEW, I'd rather her be squashing and dominating the World Women's Title scene for the past 4 months that the bad matches/storyline its been

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Maybe they think she is too powerful to be safely kept around, like Lu Bu.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

also how do you get an image this low resolution in 2023 did this guy take it from a bad stream, upload it to facebook then re-download the same image after they compressed it or some poo poo lol

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Jade catching Skye then tossing her into a Jaded was cool as poo poo, so I think she was pretty good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

also how do you get an image this low resolution in 2023 did this guy take it from a bad stream, upload it to facebook then re-download the same image after they compressed it or some poo poo lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Activate posted:

Maybe they think she is too powerful to be safely kept around, like Lu Bu.

vince and triple paul should've listened when Sun Tzu wrote "do not pursue Jade Cargill".

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

vince and triple paul should've listened when Sun Tzu wrote "do not pursue Jade Cargill".

Field Marshal Montgomery posted:

The WWE has broken the second rule of WrestleWar. That is: don't sign Jade Cargill without watching her actually wrestle first. Rule One is, don't sign Beepie and give him airtime to do promos.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

My problem with Jade is she’s clearly a green wrestler getting pushed as a top level star and that just kinda annoys me, ya know?

They tried to give her the Goldberg push but her matches were too long and her character was just fundamentally different from him. Goldberg was barely even a character, he was more like a force that existed to crush wrestlers with speed and intensity, which played into his matches and style perfectly. That’s the kind of poo poo that makes people stand up and cheer.

Meanwhile Jade was ALL character, doing an “Arrogant Superstar” gimmick who saw herself above everyone else, surrounded by lackeys (aka people to talk and bump for her) and just generally acting like the best wrestler in the world, but then she would have boring, plodding matches against low level opponents. That’s the kind of poo poo that makes me pull out the phone or hit the fast forward button. Had we ever gotten to the point where she was wrestling bigger stars things might have gotten better, but alas.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

What I’m saying is Tony made a huge mistake give Jade the Goldberg push. He should have given her the Roman Reigns push

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

is this the week He returns

quote:

Speaking to Tim on Battleground, Johnny Gargano was asked about Punk possibly coming back to WWE.

"There are so many eyes currently on WWE television. Obviously, every little bit helps. I mentioned how Logan Paul has taken the United States Championship all over the world with him and getting new eyes on the product. At the end of the day, whatever is going to get more eyes on WWE television, that's the best move possible. Whoever that may be, whoever they bring in, whatever eyes they bring in. I'm all for it," he said.