Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

consider this: Furina Cute
My team has already achieved optimal cuteness saturation, rendering any further cuteness upgrades marginal at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

FractalSandwich posted:

My team has already achieved optimal cuteness saturation, rendering any further cuteness upgrades marginal at best.

I kinda doubt that

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Skipping Furina for Cuteness leaves only one reason: Going for Navia's 100% pure girlboss energy

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Quick question: I have C3 Furina, currently with R2 Festering Desire, which is not going to improve for obvious reasons. At its current refinement rate and with her constellation in...decent? shape, should I switch to trying to pull for her weapon, or is what I have for her right now better?

eta: or should I just pull for more Furinas

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Obnoxipus posted:

Quick question: I have C3 Furina, currently with R2 Festering Desire, which is not going to improve for obvious reasons. At its current refinement rate and with her constellation in...decent? shape, should I switch to trying to pull for her weapon, or is what I have for her right now better?

eta: or should I just pull for more Furinas

C3 is pretty drat good as it is. The two swords besides festering desire I see are Nilou's sword and Primordial Jade Cutter mostly the later.

I'd recommend waiting until a better weapon banner. If you like her now, you're still going to like her when she reruns, right? If so, then waiting is a good idea. If not, then you've already rolled too much.

RaptorChief
Feb 21, 2007

A big thank you to the peeps who friended me last weekend so I could buy things at their teapots. My goal last weekend was to finish up the story arc in Liyue and then take a break until I had more free time to dive into the rest of the main quest.
That didn’t really go as planned because right after I did the quest the game gave me a house and a bunch of Hearthstone cards, which of course meant that I could now complete those battlepass objectives I had originally planned to ignore. I'm not sure why I stressed out about that but I did.

Tampa Bae posted:

Oh yeah, adding to this let us know what characters you have right now so we can build a team for you

I would definitely love some advice on which of these characters I should be using. I went through most of Liyue using the Traveller, Kaeya, Amber, and Lisa and was very tedious. I felt like everything took forever to kill and pretty much had food buffs up constantly. Out of frustration I blindly threw all my primogens at the Furina banner hoping it would magically solve my problems. It totally worked because I got some character named Keqing and she does way more damage just whacking people with her sword. More importantly, while leveling her up I learned that I could ascend my characters past level 40 which probably explains why everything took so long to kill.

Right now, I’m sitting at adventure rank 35, but haven’t done the ascension quest yet because I’m worried it will make the game too hard again. I assume that once I level up a few other team members it will be easy, but I have no idea which characters I should focus on.

RaptorChief fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 19, 2023

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

You have gotten a lot of very good long term advice here, let me give you some short term:

That Xinyan you have leveled, while at the bottom of the tier list, is one of the best characters in the game at the terrible strategy that is "hitting people for physical damage."

Put her on field, give her an electro and a cryo teammate for Superconduct and she can more than handle your average overworld or story content and most domains, and she especially should work well in the vacuum of not having gotten enough ER relics for teams that rely on bursts. I'd say Fischl, who you should be leveling for Keqing and for herself anyways, and I was going to say Qiqi but she has uniquely bad application. Ganyu for application, Qiqi for healing, and you can replace Ganyu/Qiqi with Diona or Charlotte / Flex when you have more characters leveled? I am not sure how well Ganyu works off field, but you do already have her leveled. Xinyan wants attack for this unless she's C6, her shield gives some nice bonuses but she is mostly hitting things with a sword for physical damage here.

You can also make good use of that Keqing right now if you grab Dendro Traveller. Keqing/Fischl/Dendraveller/I guess Qiqi again for healing is a pretty good team, and Keqing/Fischl/Dendro/Healer or flex is a great long term team.

Xinyan Superconduct won't be as good as most of the teams people have recommended but you basically have it. Keqing Aggravate would be if you have Nahida, but I do not know how well it holds up without her.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RaptorChief posted:

A big thank you to the peeps who friended me last weekend so I could buy things at their teapots. My goal last weekend was to finish up the story arc in Liyue and then take a break until I had more free time to dive into the rest of the main quest.
That didn’t really go as planned because right after I did the quest the game gave me a house and a bunch of Hearthstone cards, which of course meant that I could now complete those battlepass objectives I had originally planned to ignore. I'm not sure why I stressed out about that but I did.

I would definitely love some advice on which of these characters I should be using. I went through most of Liyue using the Traveller, Kaeya, Amber, and Lisa and was very tedious. I felt like everything took forever to kill and pretty much had food buffs up constantly. Out of frustration I blindly threw all my primogens at the Furina banner hoping it would magically solve my problems. It totally worked because I got some character named Keqing and she does way more damage just whacking people with her sword. More importantly, while leveling her up I learned that I could ascend my characters past level 40 which probably explains why everything took so long to kill.

Right now, I’m sitting at adventure rank 35, but haven’t done the ascension quest yet because I’m worried it will make the game too hard again. I assume that once I level up a few other team members it will be easy, but I have no idea which characters I should focus on.

Do you like using Keqing? You can build a team around her.
elec + cryo is superconduct, which makes the enemy take more damage from physical attacks. Keqing + Kaeya + flex + healer. If I were you , I'd add Lynette and Charlotte, if you feel like building them. Charlotte would add cryo resonance (+15% Crit rate against anything with a cryo aura) and is a burst healer, like Barbara, and she can apply cryo at will.

If not, Razor is good for the early game, but he's rarely used for the late game. You get plenty of materials, so it's never a "waste" to build a character, but some people only like building characters that are used in the late game. He likes a physical damage build, so pair him with a cryo.

How far have you made it in the abyss challenge? There's a free Xiangling in it, and a free Collei iirc.

Edit: It's usually a good idea to go up world levels because everything drops more materials, and you can raise your character further. You're ability to power your characters far exceeds the enemies' strength.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 19, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

For the time being, Razor/Kaeya/Barbara/Mika should be fine. Electro + Cryo is super conduct, Razor is a physical character, Mika has buffs for physical characters, Barbara heals and her hydro app applies freezing with Kaeya and Mika's cryo, which neutralizes weak enemies. Just get Razor on as much attack/crit as you can, Barbara on as much HP as you can, and Mika and Kaeya on as much ER as you can. Don't worry about artifact sets or optimizing that stuff. For talents, just level Razor's normal attack, and maybe his burst. You can level Kaeya and Mika's bursts, and Barbara's skill, as well, if you want. This isn't a super meta endgame team but its more than sufficient for just questing and stuff, even at max world level with good gear.

Once you have those characters at decent level, do the quests and abyss challenge for the free characters, like Xiangling.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Steelion posted:

In the very early days of the game I'm pretty sure nobody* bothered with elemental reactions. Stuff like "xiangling gets a bonus to her normal attacks with this spear" was considered a big deal for a while. Electro-charged was also "good" for a decent stretch, iirc. It's probable that your team wasn't "that bad" for the time.

* I'm sure that plenty of folks did, but with the limited roster, weapons, artifacts, and so forth, you absolutely didn't have anything even resembling modern hyperbloom, much less modern vaporize teams, etc.

I did, but also the elemental reactions and finding the chests were the only interesting things about the game. He's on the bench now but Diluc pulled me all the way through Inazuma. I bash Keqing but if I had that lineup I'd be using her. The only universal constant is that you only use Amber when a puzzle requires Amber. I'm guessing she's the favorite of some higher-up at Mihoyo because they're still putting those puzzles in the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shes the only bow character youre guaranteed to have is probably why

edit: well i guess theres collei now

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Mailer posted:

Doing the djinn quest I've now hit two doors I don't have clearance for. Is there some new widget I have to get to open those? I've got maxed clearance on the slate, according to google and the wiki, so if they want two forms of ID I don't know where I'd get the second.

Yes, there's a new Gurabad-specific clearance for that zone. If you collect the pathfinder logs in the canyon one north of the temple complex you drained of its sand, you should unlock it.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Finally got around to the new Abyss. I do appreciate them putting all the bosses on the same side of floor 12 this time, really lets Tighnari/Miko clean house without issue.
Brought Furina monohydro to side A, which like, worked fine, but didn't feel particularly busted, and did require some chamber three resets and strategizing to give the Quicken Team the ~65 seconds or so needed for them to shred the B-side boss. Which might just be a piloting error on my part, but I did get my 36* without having to go back and redo chambers, as opposed to the last abyss.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

shes the only bow character youre guaranteed to have is probably why

There's bow puzzles all over where you shoot <thing> but the specific torch puzzles, usually with them being spread out and/or on top of inconvenient structures, are specific to two characters and the second didn't exist for a year. Dendrograna was a more elegant solution, but then they dumped sand piles into Sumeru later so welp.

This actually reminds me of some random Sumeru puzzle I did yesterday that had the same layout - distant elemental pillars, fire activation, do them in the right order, etc. Amber could complete the puzzle, but it doesn't work. I kept ordering differently based on increasingly dumb reasoning until I gave up and hit youtube. The basic solution was right, but you have to use the grapple points and go to each one to light the torch for no reason. So I guess "just use Amber" is still something that can be made worse. :v:

Glazius posted:

Yes, there's a new Gurabad-specific clearance for that zone. If you collect the pathfinder logs in the canyon one north of the temple complex you drained of its sand, you should unlock it.

Danke! The wiki technically has the information but it's a very tiny blurb unless you know what you're looking for, and if you know that you probably found the item.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

As far as I can tell for todays event enemies dont count, only blue wildlife (so no hydro slimes or abyss mages). Anemo crystalflies arent blue enough, but hydro ones are. Blubberbeasts done seem to count, nor do the definitely loving blue versions of sea creatures you hit to gain their special attack. I got most of my shots using the 3 birds eating fallen fruit at the side of maracotte station, then a bunch (I swear way less blue than a blubberbeast) of birds and a few hydro crystalflies on the beach near the fontaint fishing association. Also the blue fish at that fishing spot, but despite there being 4 blue fish in the water it only took one shot of them for some reason. Didnt try blue crabs, not sure if they would be considered enemies or wildlife.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I did the birds outside the teleporter to Ning's place, some more birds out in a field in Fontaine, some hydro crystalfies that are all over Fontaine, and the geese (which are white with some blue tailfeathers) around the sigil redemption fountain. 3/7.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Looked it up, there are quite a few blue crabs on the shore of eastern Mondstadt, just south of the big cryo flower boss. Bring Sayu or Kirara so you don't spook them.

Also there are four hydro crystalflies near the statue of the seven in southeastern Fontaine in the new area, doing those two spots was enough for me.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
There are six Hydro Crystalflies in the mining cave at the Thalatta Submarine Canyon underwater waypoint, and four in the building where you feed the Blubberbeast. Plus another three at the door of the talent book domain.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Does the kamera work underwater?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Stare-Out posted:

Does the kamera work underwater?

Yep.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I went and photographed all of the sea otters from that one unmarked sidequest.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I took photos of hydro crystal flies and my normal fishing locations

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hydro crystalflies around the underwater Fontaine talent book domain, 3 or 4 birds around the first teleporter north east of the Golden Troupe/Marechausse Hunter domain and birds around Marcotte Station.

I only just now realize that you can do the same type of creature multiple times.For example, if it wanted you to take a picture of bipedal creatues, you could use hillichurls but it just couldn't be the same one 10 times. Also I appreciate everyone giving locations to go, I wouldn't be happy having to scope the area out by myself.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've gotten like 5 of every photo now except the last one in which I have 1

the randomization of the color you get makes this event bad imo

Please I need purple my family is dying

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

You are really meant to use the gifting system, but I only have blue and it looks like everyone else only gets blue too.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Meowywitch posted:

I've gotten like 5 of every photo now except the last one in which I have 1

the randomization of the color you get makes this event bad imo

Please I need purple my family is dying
I don't think its actually random. The two other times they ran a similar event I havent been able to cash more than once a day without trading, but I'd also always be able to cash out once a day without trading.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh cool the regular gacha gave me my very first faruzan

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
It's completely random because I have two accounts getting two different types of spares but yes, it is set up in a way that encourages sharing with friends. I think you'll be able to get 5 redemptions without trading and an extra 2 if you do

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

It's completely random because I have two accounts getting two different types of spares but yes, it is set up in a way that encourages sharing with friends. I think you'll be able to get 5 redemptions without trading and an extra 2 if you do
That does not sound completely random...

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

My experience from this event, and the last one like it, is the same as No Wave's. I suspect its fake randomness rigged to give you a single complete set each day, and not require any gifting unless you miss days or want to clear out the rewards faster.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

No Wave posted:

That does not sound completely random...
I got enough today to finish 2 turn-ins and on the other account ended up getting 4 browns so it does sound completely like rng

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

listen if we can't trust gacha players to intuit what is or isn't fair RNG....

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Excelzior posted:

I know that the odds of getting exactly one turn in over and over are very low (and this was also discussed/shared a lot back in the previous event runs). And if anyone has done all ten photos for a day and still not been able to do a turn in please share.

(Why would it be the default assumption that anything in this game is random rather than engineered for engagement?)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 19, 2023

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

No Wave posted:

I know that the odds of getting exactly one turn in over and over are very low (and this was also discussed/shared a lot back in the previous event runs). And if anyone has done all ten photos for a day and still not been able to do a turn in please share.
I'm not sure what you're arguing. They give you enough for one guaranteed turn-in per day and the other 5 are completely random

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Excelzior posted:

help how do i spend money to get around this problem

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

RareAcumen posted:

help how do i spend money to get around this problem
I like how the simple solution to this is "interact with literally anyone" and players cry out "no"

if you go to the online tab people's status messages are "need blue, have brown!" like you don't even need friends to interact with

rio
Mar 20, 2008

It’s not like this is an MMO though. I wish there were more co op opportunities like people thought there would be when the game came out but most of my friends are all gone by this point.

To suddenly have an event where you need friends when otherwise the only thing people use co op for is messing around or stealing materials is weird. But yes I’m my experience it does seem to guarantee one turn in per day so it’s whatever.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Figured I had to check if Ninguang's Jade Wall thing just neutralizes those water canons that send you back to the start of the area in the Mary-Anne quest line and sure enough it does.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

rio posted:

It’s not like this is an MMO though. I wish there were more co op opportunities like people thought there would be when the game came out but most of my friends are all gone by this point.

To suddenly have an event where you need friends when otherwise the only thing people use co op for is messing around or stealing materials is weird. But yes I’m my experience it does seem to guarantee one turn in per day so it’s whatever.

They're trying to prod you into getting your lapsed friends into picking up the game again to get the engagement numbers up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ugh after like 80 pulls lost 50/50 to Tighnari. At least I use him though if it's still not going to be Mona. Gotta get her done I guess at this point though. I really don't care when I get a character when the banners are this long each time. A 10 pull a day at this point should suffice. This is why I've kept that heaping stock of Primogems though, I knew I'd need them at some point.