Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Reich says that Bryce isn't comfortable working out of the pocket. I don't know, seems like kind of a bad sign to me?

In the same interview he also said that we are not a smash mouth football team and I don't think I've ever heard a coach use that in reference to what their team isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shinji2015 posted:

I don't think there's a competent team between the four of us

Do it like the Pro Bowl and scrape together a team and give them matching NFCS jerseys but they keep their original team helmets.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Saints & Falcons definitely have the easiest remaining out of division schedule. I'm excited to see all the ways they poo poo the bed. The only Bucs game I care about them winning is GB. Time to kick those smug cheeseheads while they're down.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

Reich says that Bryce isn't comfortable working out of the pocket. I don't know, seems like kind of a bad sign to me?

In the same interview he also said that we are not a smash mouth football team and I don't think I've ever heard a coach use that in reference to what their team isn't.

3 4th down conversions and a 3 3rd down conversions. Literally all of our drive extending success was him operating off his own back, outside of the pocket.

What the actual gently caress is Reich thinking.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

3 4th down conversions and a 3 3rd down conversions. Literally all of our drive extending success was him operating off his own back, outside of the pocket.

What the actual gently caress is Reich thinking.

Reich clearly misunderstood him, Bryce said that he has to roll out of the pocket often because of how uncomfortable our o-line makes him

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

They needed constant third and fourth down conversions for a reason.

How many of them happened on that 10 minute, 30 yard drive in the 4th quarter? When the bears were playing prevent?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Shinji2015 posted:

Reich clearly misunderstood him, Bryce said that he has to roll out of the pocket often because of how uncomfortable our o-line makes him

Well they're so big, who can blame the little guy?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

They needed constant third and fourth down conversions for a reason.

How many of them happened on that 10 minute, 30 yard drive in the 4th quarter? When the bears were playing prevent?

2 were the first quarter, one in the third and 2 on the final drive that the head coach elected to to for 60 yarder on.

Our 4 year 26 million dollar running back getting -5 yards probably needs to be addressed?

Maybe the whole 2.3ypc should be doing the lifting on the down and distance conversation, along with perimeter screens to a wr who can't run quicker than 4.6 40.

Edit start of the 4th not the 3rd. Same.drive Reich decided to punt on 4th and 4 at the Chicago 40.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 14, 2023

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Ya'll remember when Terrace Marshall asked to be traded and the Panthers were like sure, you can look around, let us know... then no one cared because he's awful? Good times, good times.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

three posted:

Ya'll remember when Terrace Marshall asked to be traded and the Panthers were like sure, you can look around, let us know... then no one cared because he's awful? Good times, good times.

You mean preseason superstar Terrace Marshall?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

three posted:

Be handy if he stopped just giving up on routes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Wil Lutz got so drat lucky.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Wil Lutz got so drat lucky.

Ain't that the goddamn truth

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So something that randomly popped up on my social media:

https://twitter.com/CameronNewton/status/1722359601452949910

Cam's going on a tour with Brandon Marshall, with the first date in Chicago

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've tried his podcast a couple times. It's not great.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
On of my sincere goals in life is to never learn anything that cam newton thinks about any topic. It's better this way.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Someone called the NFCS the Baltic Avenue of the NFL Monopoly board and I can't stop thinking about how accurate that is.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

wandler20 posted:

Someone called the NFCS the Baltic Avenue of the NFL Monopoly board and I can't stop thinking about how accurate that is.

A division worthy of a Mondo documentary

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Someone called the NFCS and I can't stop thinking about how accurate that is.

New thread title please:

NFC South: The Baltic Avenue of the NFL Monopoly Board

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
after watching a few breakdowns of Bryce Young I don't think that's a bad pick anymore. in comparison to Stroud sure, absolutely, that's worth being annoyed by - but the guy does look like he has the tools to flourish in a good situation. or even just an ok situation. he's being let down across the board, especially by the coaches. he's not at a place - yet, he's still a rookie - where he can take over a game, or even elevate the offense to "below average," but if they move on from Reich I think he can get there by year 3

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

indigi posted:

after watching a few breakdowns of Bryce Young I don't think that's a bad pick anymore. in comparison to Stroud sure, absolutely, that's worth being annoyed by - but the guy does look like he has the tools to flourish in a good situation. or even just an ok situation. he's being let down across the board, especially by the coaches. he's not at a place - yet, he's still a rookie - where he can take over a game, or even elevate the offense to "below average," but if they move on from Reich I think he can get there by year 3

Aww yeah give me that sweet sweet rookie QB copium. The 2010's buc fan in me lives for that poo poo

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

you can't teach being 5 foot 4

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Tatsuta Age posted:

those who can't reach, teach

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Tatsuta Age posted:

why would you want to. also,

epic bacon posted:

those who can't reach, teach

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm already sick of hearing about "breakdowns" where someone tells me that watching a guy the size of Demetrious Johnson fail to throw screen passes and flats is Good, Actually because he has the Tools

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AI art is good now.

https://x.com/justblande/status/1725162332404289652?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Impressive 4Q chokejob there, Panthers.

Not quite 80s Saints quality (you have to have the lead for that), but quality choking

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dad and I decided not to renew the PSLs today. Had them since 1995. Had always assumed I’d take them over but neither of us can justify it, and I don’t see things improving under tepper.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Dad and I decided not to renew the PSLs today. Had them since 1995. Had always assumed I’d take them over but neither of us can justify it, and I don’t see things improving under tepper.

That's loving brutal, but you guys aren't wrong.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Id renew if for nothing else you'll probably struggle to get one if they do come good. That being said I don't see how they come good.

So, Can't say I blame you. Barring some miracle coaching change this offseason and moving a freshly tagged burns for a first round pick we won't be competing for two or three years minimum and we're probably set for another big change in the front office.

Just depressing.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Thin skinned rear end Panther fans.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

NFCShit

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Wait, you have to pay annually for seat licenses AND season tickets?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

Wait, you have to pay annually for seat licenses AND season tickets?

Jerry Richardsons gift to the league.

Pay annually for the right to pay to watch that poo poo.

Most bad years my dad breaks even by selling the big name tickets, but we couldn’t even sell our cowboys tickets today because there were so many for sale.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Most bad years my dad breaks even by selling the big name tickets, but we couldn’t even sell our cowboys tickets today because there were so many for sale.

I hate that this exists.

Welp glad we got another week with zero NFCS wins (I know there’s two byes happening)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

what a loving grift.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I hate that this exists.

Welp glad we got another week with zero NFCS wins (I know there’s two byes happening)

well....we didn't lose at least

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saints continue to bake in the hot sun on the slowly sinking life raft as others around them shovel mouthfuls of saltwater down.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Falcons gonna beat the saints next week just to gently caress up the rankings more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Let’s be honest, unless the Saints and Falcons were playing each other the outcome would have been the same.