Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Eberpoos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Matt Peeberpoo

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Lady Radia posted:

namaste

ok my reasoning also came down to two things:
- the Bears
- Lions 4th quarter bullshit magic
:hai:

:hmmyes:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Ever flustered

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/colton_pouncy/status/1726434634366341329?t=FYlJDP2aMRWzPW3fVITHTA&s=19

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I think it would be really funny if the Vikings go on a miracle run with Dobbs and win the division over Detroit only to flame out in the playoffs like the Case Keenum year.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The broncos are a threat and I am shocked

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MJeff posted:

The sad thing is, I do kinda think they have some of the pieces in place to create a new version of the Bears, Fields and Moore could be those guys, but the current coaching staff isn't gonna get there and I just don't think Bears ownership of hiring anybody that is capable of that. :/

Like, I really, really, really, really think the Bears need to hire Bienemy this offseason, but I just don't see it happening.

Well, the Bears hiring philosophy since Lovie has literally just been "Hmm let's get the opposite of the guy we just had" as they've alternated between "Old defensive coach with an air of statesmanship who the game has passed by" and "Up-and-coming offensive guru who's in over his head", so they are due to roll the dice on an offensive guy. One of them has to not suck just by chance eventually...right...

(Also hopefully this time the coaching search won't be run by some old out-of-it rear end in a top hat who George McCaskey remembers from being involved with a good team 15 years ago)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ryan Poles when he misses he misses spectacularly, but generally I don't hate the Roster that he's built, in the second year after a complete and utter tear down.

And despite that he has the Bears in an incredibly strong position for the future. Like at least the bears have been underperforming while not mortgaging the future in any real manner.

He just clearly hired the wrong coach, and that coach has hired the wrong staff. And here we are.

I'm not going to cry if he's fired, as you can make a real solid case for it, I wouldn't be upset if he survived and got to hire his own coach, while completely running his own coaching search, under the watch of Warren. Instead of the weirdo Polian process.

Eberflus has got to go though. That dude has shown me absolutely nothing, you can't bring a coaching staff that can't find a way to win that game back. Is going to win 0 games in the division in his tenure, and who's coaching staff has extremely mismanaged multiple winnable games.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pops Mgee posted:

I think it would be really funny if the Vikings go on a miracle run with Dobbs and win the division over Detroit only to flame out in the playoffs like the Case Keenum year.

Didn't Keenum throw the Diggs miracle touchdown?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Didn't Keenum throw the Diggs miracle touchdown?

Yeah and then they ran into the Eagles

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I wouldn't call a conference title game appearance a flameout is all

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Haha vikings. Way to lose.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Me, watching Russ cook on that final drive:

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Love watching hock be hock, dude cannot make a contested catch to save his life.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I guess going -3 on turnovers isn't a good way to win football games

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

I dunno, the Lions did pretty good with 4 turnovers

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The Vikings...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Gonz posted:

He's going to do this to Detroit in a few weeks and I'll be big mad.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I had a feeling about this one all week, honestly. I think it's because Febreze tried to predict a close Vikings game.

Also frankly we were being punished for punting on a 4th and 1.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Apples McGrind posted:

I dunno, the Lions did pretty good with 4 turnovers

Yeah but that was against the Bears it doesn't count (also they were only -3)

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 20, 2023

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Scipiotik posted:

Love watching hock be hock, dude cannot make a contested catch to save his life.

He gets a bit of a pass, dude is pulverizing his rib cage.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

C-Euro posted:

He's going to do this to Detroit in a few weeks and I'll be big mad.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

It's not a huge surprise that the five game win streak came to an end. They have Chicago and then the bye so I would expect the offense would be a better mix with Dobbs skills then. He'll have more confidence and have JJ available too.

It was nice seeing the run game be better early on. It's funny how the best Vikings RB is anyone not named Mattison. He was better than Cook last year but this year he's been awful.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
His fumble tonight was like whiplash.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Sucks the rest didn’t pan out but man I loved seeing the Vikings run that fake punt, doubly so against Peyton.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Darth Brooks posted:

It's funny how the best Vikings RB is anyone not named Mattison. He was better than Cook last year but this year he's been awful.

This may shock you but he wasn't and it's not particularly close either

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Darth Brooks posted:

It's not a huge surprise that the five game win streak came to an end. They have Chicago and then the bye so I would expect the offense would be a better mix with Dobbs skills then. He'll have more confidence and have JJ available too.

It was nice seeing the run game be better early on. It's funny how the best Vikings RB is anyone not named Mattison. He was better than Cook last year but this year he's been awful.

The super-late bye for the Vikings is kind of brutal this year, we've had so many injuries. God only knows what this team is gonna look like after it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't care that the bears blew it, i can't believe they didn't lose by 45 to a vastly superior team all because of justin fields.

fields is going to be an MVP if he gets off the bears

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Cris Collinsworth talking up how hard Mattison is to tackle was one of the most perplexing and dumb things I've ever heard from a color guy

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Cris Collinsworth talking up how hard Mattison is to tackle was one of the most perplexing and dumb things I've ever heard from a color guy

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gonz posted:

:same:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

justin fields owns so much and he is the only bears quarterback i've ever believed in.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

justin fields owns so much and he is the only bears quarterback i've ever believed in.

Incredible Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler erasure going on here.

And, of course, that ONE year of Sexy Rexy.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Watching the replay, this really was a wild game. The Lions struggled to contain Fields (The one part of this game that wasn't surprising), but had the Lions simply not kept turning the ball over in critical situations, this could have easily been a blowout. As it stood, the Lions were drat lucky that the Bears only scored 10 points off of turnovers in spite of some truly atrocious tackling by the defense, and that Eberflus likes kicking field goals instead of winning football games.

Overall this was a pretty embarrassing performance by the Lions, but it is pretty impressive how that, in spite of everything, they won. Even against a bad team like the Bears, being 12 points down with 4 minutes to go is an extremely precarious position for any football team to be in, and a lot of teams would simply melt down or give up. So it's a real credit to the team that they were able to dig themselves out of that hole, even if they put themselves in there to begin with.

anyway, good game, jesus christ goff never do that again my heart can't take it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Anyone know what happened with Braxton Jones where he was told to leave the field, went nutso on the sideline, Borom came in and let a dude instantly run past him, and the Jones was back in a few plays later?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

Anyone know what happened with Braxton Jones where he was told to leave the field, went nutso on the sideline, Borom came in and let a dude instantly run past him, and the Jones was back in a few plays later?

Seems like the independent spotter made him come out for a concussion check. Dude was yelling "I couldn't loving see" as he was coming off the field which might have been his explanation for why he looked off

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Matt "Flus" Eberflus

More like "Flush" this turd down the toilet

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

xbilkis posted:

Seems like the independent spotter made him come out for a concussion check. Dude was yelling "I couldn't loving see" as he was coming off the field which might have been his explanation for why he looked off

Contact issue right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Jordan Love's first day as the best QB in the division.