Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Hate to double empty quote... but yeah

Ornery and Hornery posted:

13 out of 81 is better than the current situation of 0 out of 81.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Lifespan posted:

Seahawks/Rams was an absolute loving clown show. 222 yards of penalties and it was mostly on bullshit calls. People hated the ability to review PI calls because it messes with the flow, but it is such a huge penalty they really need to bring it back. The Cupp PI was total poo poo and the Witherspoon PI that gave the Rams the game was total poo poo.

100%. The refs really hosed this game up.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It didn’t make the process any less arbitrary it simply slowed the game down and made it even more obvious that the refs don’t give a poo poo about getting it right, they just like the authority.

There’s some good examples here, but you can find many threads and articles about how nonsensical it was:

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2019/11/19/20970010/nfl-pass-interference-replay-reviews-challenges-deandre-hopkins

I don’t know what the final tally ended up being but through week 9 of that season they hadn’t reversed a single call where defensive PI was called on the field.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/through-nine-weeks-replay-review-overturns-pi-calls-and-non-calls-nine-times

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Add a referee guy to the independent neurological consultant team, let him make controversial reviews in a blue tent.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

if a referee fucks up a call, execute him on live television

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

palindrome posted:

Add a referee guy to the independent neurological consultant team, let him make controversial reviews in a blue tent.

“The ruling in the tent of ‘rub some dirt on it’ stands.”

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Maybe the Seahawks should try converting on third down and scoring more than 3 points in the second half.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm not saying go back to the replay review system. I was saying get another ref and put them in a box at the stadium. For every game. Who is watching in real time. Any time a flag is thrown on the field, the refs huddle. Just have that guy in their ear, as well to review what they are saying. It seems at least once a game we get "there is no penalty on the play" after a flag is thrown and they consult. The only real difference(s) are it might add a couple minutes onto the game and the guy in the box will also be able to throw a flag for the big stuff that gets missed.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

its all nice on rice posted:

Maybe the Seahawks should try converting on third down and scoring more than 3 points in the second half.

Yup, they played like poo poo in the second half, but these arguments are silly. "The team should have done more to account for the referees handing out points to the opposing team in the final minutes of the game!"

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Hufonga confirmed torn ACL

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Lifespan posted:

Yup, they played like poo poo in the second half, but these arguments are silly. "The team should have done more to account for the referees handing out points to the opposing team in the final minutes of the game!"

You can bitch about the officials all you want, but this is A Thing the Hawks have done all season. They can't capitalize in the red zone, fail to convert on third down, and the defense collapses by the 4th because they're on the field twice a long as the offense is.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Yeah I was pretty mad about some of those calls as well but like... the team is not good. It's not like we are being robbed of playoff seed positioning that matters to our superbowl chances or something. It's possible this game ends up being the difference between missing the playoffs and squeaking in to get wrecked in the wild card round. But so what if it is? :shrug:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

epic bacon posted:

if a referee fucks up a call, execute him on live television

Now now now, let's not get to hasty. We can start with the fingers first.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Papercut posted:

Oh that’s a bummer :smith:

He’s super fun to watch. Hope his recovery goes well.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/1726640589289226595

small sample size etc on Brock but Jimmy, your deep ball, woof

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Brock is dramatically better in all aspects of the game except looking handsome

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Papercut posted:

Counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1726370964470915492?t=x6ftaj3sPMAZ5tMn7k8GMQ&s=19

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I still wear my RW jersey :smith:

Lol seahawks never gonna change.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Papercut posted:

:hmmyes:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

its all nice on rice posted:

Many people saying this

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

JSN will help us on third downs. He’s absolutely a stud slot receiver. No I will not look at stats: piss off

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Unrelated: if Arizona ends up with like the 5th overall pick, do they still go QB?

Murray freaking owns, folks

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

seiferguy posted:

Marshawn left the team on much better terms than Russ did, and also pulled an Ichiro and came back in the twilight of his career when we were depleted of RB depth. These are not the same comparisons lol

If only I could wear both an Ichiro and Marshawn jersey at the same time...

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Unrelated: if Arizona ends up with like the 5th overall pick, do they still go QB?

The new Call of Duty sounds like it's absolute garbage, too, so his arrow is definitely up!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

With how well they’re playing idk that they even get the 5th pick. They might be closer to 10

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

With how well they’re playing idk that they even get the 5th pick. They might be closer to 10

They’ve got a first from the Texans as well so they could move up to take a QB. Chicago might be willing to trade back with one of their early picks. That said they’d be way better off using those picks to put some talent around Murray.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Papercut posted:

gently caress

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

drat, Hufanga has been flying all over the field, blitzing, making tackles and being cool as heck. Really really sucks to lose him.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 21, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’ve got a first from the Texans as well so they could move up to take a QB. Chicago might be willing to trade back with one of their early picks. That said they’d be way better off using those picks to put some talent around Murray.

Oh that’s right I forgot about the Texans pick.

And agreed, get an impact player on offense and BPA with those two picks. The cupboard is pretty bare at this point outside of Murray.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

YOLOsubmarine posted:

So Harrison Jr?

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

JSN will help us on third downs. He’s absolutely a stud slot receiver. No I will not look at stats: piss off

He is looking like he will be as good as Lockett, maybe better.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Oh that’s right I forgot about the Texans pick.

And agreed, get an impact player on offense and BPA with those two picks. The cupboard is pretty bare at this point outside of Murray.

Texans have a nonzero chance to win the division still so that pick is looking worse and worse

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Qwijib0 posted:

Texans have a nonzero chance to win the division still so that pick is looking worse and worse

Yea the Texans gamble has paid off but its still an additional first for AZ and lord knows ya’ll need more talent

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

drat, Hufanga has been flying all over the field, blitzing, making tackles and being cool as heck. Really really sucks to lose him.

Next guy up is good too iirc just not experienced.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Mustached Demon posted:

Next guy up is good too iirc just not experienced.

Yeah I know they're high on Brown but I'm definitely worried about him being picked on by good offences the rest of the way

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

nollij posted:

He is looking like he will be as good as Lockett, maybe better.

???

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if the cards pick a qb then this would be the worst rebuild year roster in recent memory. murray looks ok and dobbs was a squandered surprise but they're still 2-9 right now for a good reason. the josh rosen roster was stacked compared to what we got now

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

I am going to expand on this comment a bit more. JSN looks very good and I think he will have a great career as an NFL WR, hopefully for the Seahawks, but who knows. Lockett has been underrated for years and is statistically the second best WR in franchise history behind one of the all time best in the game. JSN living up to your hopes would be great, but ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

https://www.49ers.com/news/brock-purdy-perfect-passer-rating-stats-and-facts-tbvssf-buccaneers

quote:

• Quarterback Brock Purdy completed 21 of his 25 passing attempts for 333 yards and three touchdowns with a career-high passer rating of 158.3, the highest attainable mark.
  • Purdy's 158.3 passer rating on 25 passing attempts make him the first 49ers quarterback to reach that mark (minimum 20 pass attempts) since Hall of Famer Joe Montana in 1989.
  • With a passer rating of 158.3, Purdy (23-years-old) joins Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson and Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff as the only quarterbacks under the age of 24 in NFL history to attain a passer rating of 158.3.
  • With a passer rating of 148.9 in Week 10 versus the Jacksonville Jaguars and a passer rating of 158.3 vs. Tampa Bay, Purdy became the youngest player in NFL history to post a passer rating of 145.0-or-higher in consecutive starts and the first NFL quarterback to post a passer rating of 145.0-or-higher in consecutive starts since former quarterback Drew Brees in 2018.
  • Purdy also became the first 49ers quarterback to post a passer rating of 140.0-or-higher in consecutive games since quarterback Alex Smith in 2012.
  • Purdy's three touchdown passes give him 18 on the season and 31 in his career. His 76-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk marked the longest touchdown pass of his career and the longest touchdown pass by an NFL quarterback this season.
  • Purdy has registered four career games with three-or-more touchdown passes and a passer rating of 140.0-or-higher, which are the most such games by a player in his first two seasons in NFL history (HOF QB Kurt Warner, three games – 1999).
  • Purdy (15 starts) also became the sixth quarterback in NFL history to post a passer rating of 100-or-higher in 10 of his first 15 career starts (HOF QB Kurt Warner – 11 starts; HOF QB Dan Marino – 10 starts; QB Ben Roethlisberger – 10 starts; Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes – 11 starts; Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott – 11 starts).
  • With 365 passing yards versus the Cincinnati Bengals and 333 passing yards versus the Buccaneers, Purdy became the first 49ers quarterback to throw for 300-or-more yards in consecutive home games since Steve Young in 1998.