Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else watched I'm a Virgo? Boots Riley made a "superhero" show for amazon and it's just as weird and wonderful as you'd expect from his other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I did, and it was not really what I was expecting.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I liked it alot! Really smart and inventive and unique.

E: like a Vertigo stand alone title

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So now I'm watching The Power on prime, and it is also pretty interesting. I've never read the book, but teen girls are getting electrical powers and it's throwing the world into chaos. It has multiple pov characters, some without powers, and only two episodes in, it's really held my attention.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Soonmot posted:

So now I'm watching The Power on prime, and it is also pretty interesting. I've never read the book, but teen girls are getting electrical powers and it's throwing the world into chaos. It has multiple pov characters, some without powers, and only two episodes in, it's really held my attention.

My wife read the book and felt it swung wildly in quality so hopefully they iron the kinks out here

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SlimGoodbody posted:

My wife read the book and felt it swung wildly in quality so hopefully they iron the kinks out here

I am now six episodes into a series that turned on while I ate lunch and couldn't play video games.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Holy poo poo the Loki finale. Holy poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The one thing that bothered me about the Loki finale is that they should have thought about sending Loki out in the first place, seeing that he is immortal and would take longer to be affected by the time energy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That was a really good finale. I simultaneous would love to see what they could come up with to continue this, but also it definitely feels like The End

unless they want to throw rdj amounts of cash at Tom Hiddleston to play an army of Loki Kangs for the avengers movies

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

site posted:

That was a really good finale. I simultaneous would love to see what they could come up with to continue this, but also it definitely feels like The End

unless they want to throw rdj amounts of cash at Tom Hiddleston to play an army of Loki Kangs for the avengers movies

Loki Ex Machina in Secret Wars.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Miles gives loki a burgerthat he had in his pocket.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not sure how accurate it was but I saw a quote from the showrunner saying that Loki was always designed to just be a two season show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

site posted:

Honestly this is kind of the direction I expect them to go. They need to get rid of Majors, so having Hiddleston take his place could work out well.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Medullah posted:

Honestly this is kind of the direction I expect them to go. They need to get rid of Majors, so having Hiddleston take his place could work out well.

Making Loki the villain again would be a step backwards.

But I also wonder if they've been noncommittal on recasting Majors because Loki gives them a clean out. The Kang from Quantumania is dead, or they could say he is, HWR is gone, Timely didn't get the book and the new and improved TVA is keeping an eye on other Kangs. They could just end it there and move on to Doom.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Very fun seeing Loki try to any% speedrun season two

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mentioned in another thread but I thought it was super funny how The Marvels doesn't even try a little bit to engage with anything regarding Secret Invasion. It literally has a scene with a Skrull leader living in a colony on another planet. Also the space station Nick was living on before and after SI was apparently a super fun place to work with a bunch of interesting aliens living on it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

muscles like this! posted:

Mentioned in another thread but I thought it was super funny how The Marvels doesn't even try a little bit to engage with anything regarding Secret Invasion. It literally has a scene with a Skrull leader living in a colony on another planet.

And Secret Invasion does mention that it exists. It's just the Skrulls on earth aren't interested in living with the Emperor for reasons?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Mentioned in another thread but I thought it was super funny how The Marvels doesn't even try a little bit to engage with anything regarding Secret Invasion. It literally has a scene with a Skrull leader living in a colony on another planet. Also the space station Nick was living on before and after SI was apparently a super fun place to work with a bunch of interesting aliens living on it.

Fury and his wife divorced after having to be around each other.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Speaking of significant others, I noticed Aamir is just kind of puttering around his parents' house and there's no sight or mention of his wife. Him getting married was kind of a big plot point in the show.

Kamala's family are good supporting characters, and I'm surprised and glad they had as large a role in the movie as they did.

vvv Hmm, might have missed that.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 12, 2023

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sesq posted:

Speaking of significant others, I noticed Aamir is just kind of puttering around his parents' house and there's no sight or mention of his wife. Him getting married was kind of a big plot point in the show.

Kamala's family are good supporting characters, and I'm surprised and glad they had as large a role in the movie as they did.

I thought he called his wife when they were in the elevator?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Soonmot posted:

I thought he called his wife when they were in the elevator?

He did. "No video!"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Again, The Marvels was always scheduled to be released long before Secret Invasion. That's why the movie doesn't touch on the show; in the timeline for when The Marvels was written, Secret Invasion hasn't happened yet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Timby posted:

Secret Invasion hasn't happened

I think this should the Marvel's path forward. Ignore it, pretend it never happened. It has no effect on any future projects.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I think this should the Marvel's path forward. Ignore it, pretend it never happened. It has no effect on any future projects.

Yes, it was very disappointing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I really liked The Marvels. It was fun, not three hours long, and had some great characters.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I wonder if this was intentional

"Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears
Wish you were here"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I hadn't heard anything about this but it looks great

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Oh man that looks right up my alley. I laughed at the bat nipples

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiEVqZ2Bc_c

Huzzah!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Well I guess Madame Web is really happening

https://youtu.be/s_76M4c4LTo?si=pmFZrty_vh-sQpkT

edit: wrong thread! this place is for the teevee!

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 16, 2023

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Second season of What If looking pretty good. Was that a Nova Corp helmet Nebula took off at 00:37?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

srypher posted:

Second season of What If looking pretty good. Was that a Nova Corp helmet Nebula took off at 00:37?

Also Mar-Vel in that 80s/90s Avengers line up. I wonder if they got Annette Benning back for it, they got Michael Douglas.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just give me a whole movie about marvel deathrace

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Also Mar-Vel in that 80s/90s Avengers line up. I wonder if they got Annette Benning back for it, they got Michael Douglas.

Sounded like her.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did we know we were getting a 1602 episode?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Did we know we were getting a 1602 episode?

It was part of the leaked episode title list, but I think the first "official" confirmation was the trailer this week.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Apparently the plot of the 1602 episode is What if Native American's got the Tesseract which sounds pretty cool.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

twistedmentat posted:

Apparently the plot of the 1602 episode is What if Native American's got the Tesseract which sounds pretty cool.

Yeah, they outright stated that's what it was in a promo article and everything, it's not a mystery.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Hey, Scott Pilgrim was a comic series at one point, and the anime for it just came out on Netflix. It's very good, and surprisingly not a straight adaptation of the comics or movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It even has some fun little in jokes like Simon Pegg and Nick Frost playing security guards for the movie adaptation. You even see them eating cornetto's near the end.