Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
thats scraping. musk made scraping illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Jeffrey is going to be really mad when he finds out that I F5 my user control panel on here. Very dishonest of me, I know.

You can refresh 12 times legally. It's that 13th time that gets ya

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I refreshed 13x in a row and all I got was a Three Olives post what gives

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

So lets be clear, I want to be sure I'm understanding their complaint correctly. Media Matters creates 3 accounts and follows racist and bigoted ad content. It views this content multiple times, effectively pushing it up in relevance to the algorithm.

This is what they're upset about. ....Instead of the nazi content itself?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

It's not like this is the first time someone has put together a list of hate speech that big name brands have ads next to. They are pulling away this time specifically because of what Elon said.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Nelson Mandingo posted:

So lets be clear, I want to be sure I'm understanding their complaint correctly. Media Matters creates 3 accounts and follows racist and bigoted ad content. It views this content multiple times, effectively pushing it up in relevance to the algorithm.

No no no. They purposely gamed the algorithm to make Twitter look racist and anti-semitic that's why Elon filed a thermonuclear lawsuit this morning

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nelson Mandingo posted:

They made three accounts, followed a bunch of Nazis on each one, then went to the timeline of each account (which was full of said nazi accounts' updates) and recorded what ads were served with each refresh. They didn't manipulate anything.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

the point of the complaint by media matters is that despite what elon claims, your ads will be served with nazi content. corporations really dont like when their product appears alongside objectionable content and they showed that it will, which will cause advertisers to suspend advertising, especially when the amphetamine addicted owner discovers the jewish question and tweets through it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Huh. that's funny - I never saw him at Quakecon back in the day.
(I was not a competitor - I volunteered with tech....and I bet I could still beat him.)

kazil posted:

Pizzagate has arrived

:ughh:

These motherfuckers never let go of a conspiracy theory.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm having trouble following. ...What exactly are they accusing Media matters of doing?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kazil posted:

You can refresh 12 times legally. It's that 13th time that gets ya

It works on milkman logic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbFfhcDmFJY&t=2829s

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Media matters changed the outcome by measuring it

Furthermore, if you want cases of covid to go down, you just stop measuring them. If you stop measuring Nazi ads, there will be no proof of Nazi ads. bingbong so simple

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Our ad model efficiently Matrix dodges harmful content protected by our free speech policy.
If it's legitimate hate speech, the X algorithm has ways to try to shut the whole thing down

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

rotinaj posted:

Media matters changed the outcome by measuring it

Furthermore, if you want cases of covid to go down, you just stop measuring them. If you stop measuring Nazi ads, there will be no proof of Nazi ads. bingbong so simple

Schrödinger's Hate Crime

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mannerup posted:

lmfao he's still talking to that Mike Benz

So he is some weird oppertunistic chud who much like bibi and uber right wing zionist types or assholes in general are fine buddying up with nazis because they think they will have seats at the table, except the seats have trapdoors under them.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

They made three accounts, followed a bunch of Nazis on each one, then went to the timeline of each account (which was full of said nazi accounts' updates) and recorded what ads were served with each refresh. They didn't manipulate anything.

Thank you for the clarification. That was the piece I wasn't completely following. I realized the issue they have is the content got spotted and called out rather than any disapproval of the content itself. Which hurts my brain.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So he is some weird oppertunistic chud who much like bibi and uber right wing zionist types or assholes in general are fine buddying up with nazis because they think they will have seats at the table, except the seats have trapdoors under them.

Gleefully helping put others up against the wall, and is completely surprised what happens when he's no longer useful to his new nazi friends.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 20, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

it's against free speech to pull sponsorship

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

did somebody say #pizzagate

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Slotducks posted:

he's addicted to lying - he's addicted to that feeling of just straight up lying and not being called out on it oh my god he has to be one of the most miserable people in the world

he is terminal poster brained but instead of just moving on to being some catagory of political rear end in a top hat like alot of terminal cases, he still wants to pretend he is king memelord of Encyclopedia dramatica and then swallows all the awful poo poo nazis feed him because he is contrarian moron mixed with desperate for uncritical validation. I see alot of myself in him a bit when i was late teens early 20s and i was dumb and lonely and thought being an edgy gently caress was cool. i never went this route but gently caress.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Mum , I wanna scrape

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

did somebody say #pizzagate

#pizza🍕 goes great with #sports⚾

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

shyduck posted:

it's against free speech to pull sponsorship

We only support the free speech that results in us getting money, not taking it away as a result of our own actions and discourse

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Didn’t Sam Bankman-Fried lie about being an amazing Dota player or something too?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i think he bragged about the hours he played comp, but then slipped he's like bronze 5 and then AOC dunked on him.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bobjr posted:

Didn’t Sam Bankman-Fried lie about being an amazing Dota player or something too?

I don't think he pretended to be amazing at it, I think he just said he played an absolute fuckload of it and people found out that despite that he was terrible at the game

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Jestery posted:

Mum , I wanna scrape

You can scrape at home.

*data scraping Facebook at home*

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Just the best, most thoughtful commentary.

Already pointed out a million times but true, real NPC poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Songbearer posted:

Already pointed out a million times but true, real NPC poo poo

I mean its always been projection for these assholes.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
He likes using the word "thermonuclear" a lot, especially to threaten advertisers. Waaay back during the very first time advertisers started pulling their ads, he threatened to "thermonuclear name and shame" every company that did in order to embarrass them into keeping the ad money flowing.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
There is a thermonuclear event in my pants

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

...! posted:

He likes using the word "thermonuclear" a lot, especially to threaten advertisers. Waaay back during the very first time advertisers started pulling their ads, he threatened to "thermonuclear name and shame" every company that did in order to embarrass them into keeping the ad money flowing.

His fascination with smart-sounding words.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Auto Bild has released the German TÜV (= DMV, basically) results for used cars and the Model 3 is in last place, right after the Dacia Logan.

https://www.stern.de/auto/e-mobilitaet/tesla-faellt-bei-tuev-report-mit-model-3-krachend-durch-34207736.html

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

steinrokkan posted:

So what they showed is that Nazis will be served ads.

“Working as designed”
and
“Media matters lied by pretending to be Nazis to see if they would get served ads. Pure evil”

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

The Dollop covered this, he was addicted to Q3 in the PayPal days and would just play shitloads during work, then he would challenge his coworkers to fight him and throw a gigantic tantrum (with all that comes with it such as ruining people's careers) if anyone did better than him, so they'd just let him win

Literal infant

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol biden joined threads

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

"Benefited from Apartheid, MotherFucker"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kale posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/20/tech/tesla-elon-musk-suspension/index.html

Whoops! Looks like the shareholders are concerned about Elons antisemitism. Media Matters must have gotten to them too. :ohdear:

:crossarms:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Reminder: he did not, in fact, cofound Tesla. He made them give him the title after he bought it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
uBlock Origin blocked ads on Twitter perfectly for me up until about 30 minutes ago. Did something break on my end or did Elon figure out away around it?