Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I don't give a poo poo what Hamas supposedly did. Israel brought Oct. 7th on themselves by keeping these people in a concentration camp.

💯

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

israel/us and some other turds like the uk are entirely 100% at fault for this entire situation going back 75 years, when you put an entire people up against the wall they're going to fight back

and who am i to criticize their tactics

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

I don't give a poo poo what Hamas supposedly did. Israel brought Oct. 7th on themselves by keeping these people in a concentration camp. Hamas are freedom fighters striking back at an occupation force that makes no distinctions between civilians and combatants.

But, but,, how am I supposed to use weaselly language games to narratively crawl to my enlightened-lib position of "both sides bad" now?!?!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

israel just bombed a school. what the gently caress are you people arguing over?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

VomitOnLino posted:

But, but,, how am I supposed to use weaselly language games to narratively crawl to my enlightened-lib position of "both sides bad" now?!?!

i feel like cspam has been ironically saying "critical support" for so long that people forgot that the "critical" part is real and good. you really don't have to fanatically support hamas in order to back them against israel. i feel like people are concerned that anything less than 100% support for their actions is giving power in some way to the other side, but it's actually a lot more hurtful to the palestinian cause to publicly state that any atrocity is justified.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i feel like cspam has been ironically saying "critical support" for so long that people forgot that the "critical" part is real and good. you really don't have to fanatically support hamas in order to back them against israel. i feel like people are concerned that anything less than 100% support for their actions is giving power in some way to the other side, but it's actually a lot more hurtful to the palestinian cause to publicly state that any atrocity is justified.

I am uncritically supporting Hamas now. Eat my dick

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Sherbert Hoover posted:

what you are talking about

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

VomitOnLino posted:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

VomitOnLino posted:

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

:goofy:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

VomitOnLino posted:

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

:fart:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

If you're referring to mine, I don't doubt that Hamas probably shot people. Lots of justifiably angry and often young people finally found themselves in a position to have some recourse. But there's no loving way it was even a significant percent of the numbers Israel is throwing around. Killing like 500+ (much less 1000+) people with small arms and grenades in such a short time isn't really plausible unless it was planned beforehand, and there's nothing indicating that this was part of their "battle plans" (apparently they weren't even aware that the rave was going to be taking place).

edit: Basically it just bugs me that Israel absolutely killed most of those people, and it will probably never receive mainstream acknowledgement, even among the pro-Palestinian side

It’s clear the IDF killed some number of people at the Supernova rave, but the reported death toll—around 350 people killed—is not unbelievable for dozens of well armed and reasonably well trained fighters to accomplish at a music festival without extensive planning.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Sherbert Hoover posted:

it's actually a lot more hurtful to the palestinian cause to publicly state that any atrocity is justified.

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Sherbert Hoover posted:

you know whats hurtful op genocide hope this helps

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

VomitOnLino posted:

I am going on indeed dot com to apply for a job at hamas please don't tell the US state dept

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

if you huck grenades at settlers you go to heaven, those are the rules pal

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

HallelujahLee posted:

you know whats hurtful op genocide hope this helps

reading comprehension off the charts here

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Sherbert Hoover posted:

reading comprehension off the charts here

VomitOnLino posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

FirstnameLastname posted:

Major Vice General Egirl Milka orders the Hannibal directive on his rear guard because they're lagging getting back to the border checkpoint and its like 5:03pm already

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Owlbear Camus posted:

I am going on indeed dot com to apply for a job at hamas please don't tell the US state dept

careers.hamas.org>>>

Your search "frontend engineer" returned 0 results!

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
what I'm really dying to know is how the bad boys of ansarallah are gonna top the sweet touch helicopter landing piracy op because that poo poo was So Sick. what's next. I need more

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Ytlaya posted:

If you're referring to mine, I don't doubt that Hamas probably shot people. Lots of justifiably angry and often young people finally found themselves in a position to have some recourse. But there's no loving way it was even a significant percent of the numbers Israel is throwing around. Killing like 500+ (much less 1000+) people with small arms and grenades in such a short time isn't really plausible unless it was planned beforehand, and there's nothing indicating that this was part of their "battle plans" (apparently they weren't even aware that the rave was going to be taking place).

I think it's plausible enough that Hamas killed a lot of people, hundreds even over the span of hours, but it's worth noting most of the reported casualties were at the rave and within a few days of 10/7 we were generally aware in this thread that there was a large engagement at the rave between the IDF and Hamas. As the dust settles, it seems to be more and more clear that the majority of the 10/7 deaths were a result of collateral damage in engagements rather than deliberate killings which is consistent with most conflicts :shrug:

It's probably fair, in a sense, to say that Hamas is responsible for the death toll on 10/7 given that they initiated the attack and picked the engagements; but it's also fair in that same sense to put all the blame on Israel, given that their containment strategy was to surround Gaza with militarized civilian settlements. What did they think was going to happen? Their containment strategy combined with the Hannibal directive (or whatever the Israelis are calling the policy now internally) was going to lead to staggering amounts of death in virtually any breakout scenario

Even if you wanted to put all the blame for 10/7's death toll on Hamas, that's still just one day in a decades long cycle of genocide perpetrated by Israel.

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 02:04 on Nov 21, 2023

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Luceid posted:

what I'm really dying to know is how the bad boys of ansarallah are gonna top the sweet touch helicopter landing piracy op because that poo poo was So Sick. what's next. I need more

JETSKIS

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Asproigerosis posted:

Lmao constantly posting about death to America death to Israel but omg you watched the bad brain videos you loving sociopath

dumb bitch

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Luceid posted:

They will capture the hearts and minds of d&d

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hamas can hire vile shlomo to fix their optics

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Luceid posted:

https://youtu.be/FwscBpUwiOY?si=LRpZKZ0lpQhfj0fx

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

I don't give a poo poo what Hamas supposedly did. Israel brought Oct. 7th on themselves by keeping these people in a concentration camp. Hamas are freedom fighters striking back at an occupation force that makes no distinctions between civilians and combatants.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Kingfish posted:

It’s clear the IDF killed some number of people at the Supernova rave, but the reported death toll—around 350 people killed—is not unbelievable for dozens of well armed and reasonably well trained fighters to accomplish at a music festival without extensive planning.

But is this more likely than the IDF having done it, especially in light of stuff like "the large number of completely destroyed cars that very obviously weren't destroyed with small arms fire"? I really doubt it.

And I will outright say that I don't think enough of Hamas is bloodthirsty enough to aim for maximum death against a crowd like that. They've shown discipline with the hostages that just doesn't seem consistent with "people literally just champing at the bit to do violence to Israeli civilians."

I realize it might look kinda hosed up to be litigating something like this, but as mentioned before I think it matters if the IDF actually did most of this stuff. It's basically the difference between Hamas committing violence as part of a justified military operation with predominantly military casualties (akin to something like Russia in Ukraine, where there were obviously significant civilian casualties, but they were the exception and obviously not a goal of most of the military), and them just violently lashing out. Israel are the enemy in both cases, but I feel like the latter interpretation is still inaccurately tarring the Palestinian resistance.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

just say "hamas ftw"

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Mr. Pizza posted:

just say "hamas ftw"

hamas ftw

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Acknowledging civilian casualties as individual atrocities when they're the fault of Hamas isn't helpful to the Palestinian people, who are currently being murdered en masse under the guise of "collateral damage" by the IDF

We do not need to take the stance that Hamas are the bad guys in this thread or anywhere, to be honest. You don't need to take that stance either. There aren't really good guys or bad guys in the real world but if you have to think of it that simplistically, maybe you should take a glance at the overall death toll or the unemployment rate in gaza or how the population breaks down over there or something

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
equivocating both things is about leveling the moral argument so that both sides have inflicted equal amounts of hurt and are equally wrong

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

I don't give a poo poo what Hamas supposedly did. Israel brought Oct. 7th on themselves by doing it

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Ytlaya posted:

But is this more likely than the IDF having done it, especially in light of stuff like "the large number of completely destroyed cars that very obviously weren't destroyed with small arms fire"? I really doubt it.

And I will outright say that I don't think enough of Hamas is bloodthirsty enough to aim for maximum death against a crowd like that. They've shown discipline with the hostages that just doesn't seem consistent with "people literally just champing at the bit to do violence to Israeli civilians."

I realize it might look kinda hosed up to be litigating something like this, but as mentioned before I think it matters if the IDF actually did most of this stuff. It's basically the difference between Hamas committing violence as part of a justified military operation with predominantly military casualties (akin to something like Russia in Ukraine, where there were obviously significant civilian casualties, but they were the exception and obviously not a goal of most of the military), and them just violently lashing out. Israel are the enemy in both cases, but I feel like the latter interpretation is still inaccurately tarring the Palestinian resistance.

Like, if you can get a car burning it will absolutely burn out like that on it's own, but given that we know there was a firefight at the rave it seems like a really weird thing for Hamas to do with the weapons they would have had on hand (especially given how precious those resources would be to Hamas) - they would have had to go car by car throwing grenades in the windows or whatever, I just don't buy it

An apache helicopter could burn that whole role of cars out in like two seconds though

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
there's also the sleight of hand where you start the tally of wrongs at october 7th and not before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Dreylad posted:

equivocating both things is about leveling the moral argument so that both sides have inflicted equal amounts of hurt and are equally wrong

enlightened southpark bothsidesism must die