Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Captain Hygiene posted:

I know it's just the ambiguous perspective and zoom, but I can't stop seeing this as ungodly huge shrimp on a full size dinner plate :pastryno:
No, you're right, check the fork. Those are large pastries the size of small pastries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

zedprime posted:

No, you're right, check the fork. Those are large pastries the size of small pastries.

Are they? Could be, I figured it was a smaller sized fork too. I'm just completely guessing from the serving sizes in the recipe, it doesn't mention anything special about the shrimp so I could easily be wrong. They look weird no matter what.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

At 2 lbs making 6-8 servings of 6 each, that's a per pound count of ~18-24, putting these at Jumbo to Extra Jumbo for shrimp sizing.

So yeah, it's a small fork (note the three tines, that's a cocktail/appetizer fork) but these are also relatively large shrimp.

stringless has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Nov 19, 2023

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i fear the extra colossal shrimp. surely man was not meant to meddle in the affairs of such creatures.

also, "colossal" "shrimp"? the concept is silly.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My sister in law cooked up sandwiches of fried egg, a bit of fried fish, mayo, mustard, soviet bloc Kraft single equivalent, spiced with paprika, as a breakfast sandwich for everyone

Shockingly good and hearty

This sounds loving good

I'm also tipsy so take that as you will

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

so you're telling me an extra colossaled this shrimp?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

zedprime posted:

In case anyone is curious about what the numbers mean, that's the range for how many shrimps will be present in a pound, so smaller numbers mean larger shrimps. A 16/20 is a shrimp size where it will take 16-20 shrimps for a pound. A 61/70 is much smaller, since it will take 61-70 to make a pound. A U-10 means that under 10 shrimps will be necessary to make a pound, so they're enormous. The same system is used for scallops.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Kenning posted:

In case anyone is curious about what the numbers mean, that's the range for how many shrimps will be present in a pound, so smaller numbers mean larger shrimps. A 16/20 is a shrimp size where it will take 16-20 shrimps for a pound. A 61/70 is much smaller, since it will take 61-70 to make a pound. A U-10 means that under 10 shrimps will be necessary to make a pound, so they're enormous. The same system is used for scallops.

Very similar to the gauge system of measurement, where a pound of lead was divided into balls.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I happily eat bugs but Jesus something about the extra-collosal shrimp squirms me the gently caress out

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

that's called a lobster

though yes I also have that response when playing elden ring

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I like "Salad shrimp" or "shrimp meat", just a still, maggot like mass, and one bad one would ruin the bunch, they were the only thing that went bad before the "sell by" date when I worked the seafood counter. I remember opening tubs of them, and the good ones smelled strongly, and the bad ones reaked.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

The extra-colossal shrimp really shrimps my youngman

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I already did the math, the dish assumed 18-24/pound of shelled and cooked shrimp.

stringless has a new favorite as of 13:11 on Nov 19, 2023

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Something like 15 years ago, a local grocery store has it's entire refrigeration system fail somehow. They had to dumpster everything cold/frozen. Being young and broke a bunch of us went over to raid. Employees were there and just let us go nuts as they were tossing stuff.

One of the things we snagged were the biggest loving shrimp I've ever seen. Things were probably u4 at least. I wish I had pictures.

We ate like kings for a week on all the rad meat we pilfered.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

zedprime posted:

Why does it skip straight to extra jumbo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AARD VARKMAN posted:

- me, the day after my youthful metabolism finally slowed down

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Ran out of room, jumbo shrimp are 21-25 count per pound.

They look like this if you've never seen them

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

zedprime posted:

Ran out of room, jumbo shrimp are 21-25 count per pound.

They look like this if you've never seen them

Yesssss some people were so mad when they changed the team from the Suns to the Jumbo Shrimp and it was great.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Straight up serial killer poo poo

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The peel's fine but you gotta remove the seeds

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Looks more like ground veal or pork actually

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Looks like AI slop.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Excuse me, there is no crust on that jell-o mold, Nacho Cheese Dorito or otherwise. I declare you a liar and a charlatan and I shall have satisfaction!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Love my eggs tsathoggua side up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
İ don't think i ever posted this here! Behold, the most puzzling appetizer:

What we have here is 1 chunk grilled watermelon, 2 chunks raw zucchini, and one very large burrata pearl served on a skewer. The moment you ruptured the burrata it collapsed into a quivering heap of curds.

Bonus: this was served at a natural foods industry conference.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I don't believe in burrata as a food. There's just not a reasonable way to eat it, and it's a real wet cheese.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

someone needs to send the chef home and bar them from ever using skewers again.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kenning posted:

I don't believe in burrata as a food. There's just not a reasonable way to eat it, and it's a real wet cheese.

If it's anything like mozzarella I used to buy them in the bag and just eat a whole one for breakfast

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's basically a bag of mozarella filled with cream cheese.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

There isn't anything wrong with mozzarella, this was my lunch a few days ago:

I'll admit it was a lot more cheese than I needed but the container for the tiny balls of mozz said "eat it within two days you animal"

stringless has a new favorite as of 12:12 on Nov 21, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/uwudrink/status/1718257660242399446

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

quote:

The Anime Drink by Weebs for Weebs.
well at least they have no delusions of artistic merit.

Suggested slogan: "because you're an adult who is into sexualized teenage cartoon girls AND SO ARE WE"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well, it's horrible for atypical reasons than the majority of the food posted in this thread so... Well... Done...?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Samovar posted:

Well, it's horrible for atypical reasons than the majority of the food posted in this thread so... Well... Done...?

I mean it might also taste terrible

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

maybeadracula posted:

I mean it might also taste terrible

I hate to knock something before I try it but in this case

I'm pretty confident that the uWu drink tastes terrible. And I say that as a guy who would chug sugar-free Monster flavours until I gave myself a heart attack

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I think I can conclude the flavour is going to be the least bad thing about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does it likely taste any worse than that pussy juice drink?