Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

I almost went pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It’s true, the low turnout for TV shows this year was all in protest for a match that hadn’t happened yet

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Cult of Pies posted:

I almost went pro

Facts don't care about your feelings. My feelings however...

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Cult of Pies posted:

I almost went pro

First of all the first AEW PPv has one of the bloodiest matches I’ve ever seen, and also I love posts that are like yeah I could have been a wrestler.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

"i could have gone pro. i could have joined my local indie"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

post hole digger posted:

"i could have gone pro. i could have joined my local indie"

Thinking about signing up for lessons but ultimately deciding not to makes you learn a lot about "the business" and what it takes to run a multinational touring company and produce television shows.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Almost like cleaning and sanitizing medical equipment in a hospital is a different context from coming into contact with blood from a known person.

Have a feeling this handwringing isn’t gonna end until AEW puts something out about their wrestlers regularly getting tested for blood borne pathogens somewhat regularly due to the nature of their work.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Cult of Pies posted:

I almost went pro

You joke but I found out the other day that there is a wrestling training school just next door to where I work. I can't help but feel that a wrong turn one morning is all that stands between me and pro wrestling super stardom.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I like the "did you know blood is a biohazard?" as if that's new information that's going to change an opinion. Like I was fine with Hangman drinking Swerve's blood but now I just discovered blood might be bad for you!?!? Did anyone tell Dracula this?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

A Fancy Hat posted:

I like the "did you know blood is a biohazard?" as if that's new information that's going to change an opinion. Like I was fine with Hangman drinking Swerve's blood but now I just discovered blood might be bad for you!?!? Did anyone tell Dracula this?

The dude also wasn't paying attention during bloodborne illness and pathogen training: blood doesn't inherently gently caress you up, you're supposed to treat any blood or bodily fluids as if they're infected because you don't know.

Wrestlers could have been carnies or they could have had full blood panels and physicals before doing a match like this.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Coolness Averted posted:

The dude also wasn't paying attention during bloodborne illness and pathogen training: blood doesn't inherently gently caress you up, you're supposed to treat any blood or bodily fluids as if they're infected because you don't know.

Wrestlers could have been carnies or they could have had full blood panels and physicals before doing a match like this.

Sounds like someone hasn’t seen the Alien films, blood is corrosive, Hangman is lucky to still have a jaw.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1726658328535998576

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lol holy poo poo what a loving dork

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cult of Pies posted:

I almost went pro

Ah yes, wrestling, a thing that is definitely organised into local leagues.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/dextrolite/status/1726674220850327779?t=nAxBkUKG6kAzfcn4PmNKFA&s=19

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

luv 2 get worked

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Super J-Cast the same guy as the Unofficial NJPW fan club, or nah?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

No, not even a bit.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1726158743694659737?s=20

Eddie did a lot of jobs in the G1, what's this guy's deal

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Noooo no no. Super J-Cast is just on one recently. Unofficial fanclub dude is insane with delusions of grandeur

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

There's been some frustration in places (even here) about how one sided things seem between AEW and NJPW and some is reasonable but it does seem like Super J cast is having a bit of one with the tag league stuff

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's karma for Nooj continually big dogging NOAH and to a lesser extent All Japan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

No and in fact I am pretty sure Unofficial NJPW Fan Club has personally annoyed the Super J Cast.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

apophenium posted:

"Am I loving going over, pahtnah?" - Eddie Kingston, probably.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

apophenium posted:

There are reports, including from the J Cast (I think), that AEW shot their own angle with the STRONG belt and decided to merge it with another title without consulting New Japan. That's not really indicative of a great relationship.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 21, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Punch McLightning posted:

There are reports, including from the J Cast, that AEW shot their own angle with the STRONG belt and decided to merge it with another title without consulting New Japan. That's not really indicative of a great relationship.

What's the source of these reports that isn't from a bunch of whiny babies like J Cast

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

What's the source of these reports that isn't from a bunch of whiny babies like J Cast

They've broken NJPW stories for years.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They've broken NJPW stories for years.

So there aren't any?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Does Rocky run NJPW Strong in any capacity? He’s said some stuff in interviews that makes it sound like he has some control over it, but maybe it’s just a “royal we” kind of thing. I wonder if he would have given the okay on something like this without checking with anyone else first, if there’s actually a problem to begin with.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I would like to think that TK who comes from a background of actual business (not carny bullshit) wouldn't gently caress with a partner's belt. But if some dudes with a podcast suggest otherwise maybe I should rethink that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If it's true at all then we will find out when they unify a belt representing two titles from Tony companies

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I personally think it's more likely that Tony refers to holding multiple belts at the same time as unifying them, like he did when Omega held the AAA, Impact, & AEW World belts.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

I personally think it's more likely that Tony refers to holding multiple belts at the same time as unifying them, like he did when Omega held the AAA, Impact, & AEW World belts.

That was the vibe I got. Tony's not unilaterally evaporating Eddie's NJPW STRONG title.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Pretty sure if NJPW gave some belt to AEW-contracted wrestler Eddie Kingston then perhaps they don’t have any immediate plans for the title that don’t include AEW-contracted wrestlers. Nutty booking reigns.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Tony can barely make moves with his own titles, I doubt he's going rogue with other promotions titles.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Tony said on the press scrum he had New Japan's blessing to do what he's doing with the strong title so

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

mooseinfants posted:

Tony said on the press scrum he had New Japan's blessing to do what he's doing with the strong title so

The idea Tony would screw with other companies' titles is so counter to reality it's a really funny dumb narrative. Omega had every title on earth except WWE's dumb walled garden belts and he played nice.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mooseinfants posted:

Well he's hardly going to say otherwise publicly, is he?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Did everyone miss the part of the scrum where Tony angrily ripped his shirt off and started screaming over and over that if Ohbari didn’t like it he should come do something about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

I watched the scrum and tony khan just kept quoting early 2000s video “The Juggernaut, Bitch” every time a journalist asked him about anything, it was very disconcerting.