Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Dave posted:

I mean this completely seriously, it is honestly kind of mind boggling that someone who follows the indies would have never heard of Sean Henderson

Thankful I have heard of Sean Henderson I simply had no idea what his deal was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Mob posted:

just back to back WM main events no big whoop

Getting to wrestle SCSA and getting his blessing to cop his finisher like who cares

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WrestlePrestige/status/1724623317347537296 Did something happen to The Globe?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Whoa the globe was a cool venue. That's really disappointing. They booked a lot of offbeat events there. I wonder if they had permits yanked due to some of that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they can't get Mick Jones off the roof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPrPNpzLHIk

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
uh my guess is PWG is probably not coming back if the globe shuts down

projects like that don't survive a long hiatus and the loss of a stable venue

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fez_machine posted:

uh my guess is PWG is probably not coming back if the globe shuts down

projects like that don't survive a long hiatus and the loss of a stable venue

Super Dragon said his significant other is dealing with cancer so I wouldn't be shocked if he sells the whole thing to Tony to be honest.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Their website is also just completely gone and replaced with a generic placeholder for when there's a domain but no site.

They just had some events there recently, and were advertising future events as of yesterday.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Pylons posted:

Did something happen to The Globe?

too many POS audience members buying PWG tickets, had to close it

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

EVGA Longoria posted:

I've gone to 2 GCW shows now, neither of them had anything I'd call a "deathmatch" -- mostly just tables(oh sorry the doors on chairs they use instead of tables?) and maybe a weapon or something. no glass, barbed wire, no real blood.

I've been to three Detroit shows in the last ~year and there have been two death matches at each. Very bloody affairs and lots of tubes and glass. Very correct about those doors though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Deathmatches rule

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
False alarm and the Globe has been saved, apparently. :shrug:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bonk posted:

they finally got Mick Jones off the roof

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bonk posted:

does that mean the English civil war is over?

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Bonk posted:

Owner of Prestige made this comment on Reddit:

quote:

Owner of Prestige Wrestling here. No one lied or was fed bad info. People at the highest rung told The Globe they were closing. Management at Globe told me our event is cancelled and they’re closing. Today “the highest rung” reached out to management and they came to an agreement to fix some issues. Thus - The Globe is open again.

If true, I would have zero trust in The Globe moving forward.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Yeah - while I'm glad the promotions which rely on the venue still have a home, it'd be smart for all of them to start looking for somewhere new

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Fair warning if you're coming to Defy tonight: Through the power of friendship I've managed to assemble an Avengers team of about 8-10 queer misfits that are going to be incredibly loud and obnoxious and we're taking over an entire corner of Washington Hall.

Worse, we're all Sovereign fans. :getin:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
My third excursion to the 2020's Finnish indie scene tonight.

Before buying the tickets I was kind of getting the "I've already seen them twice, is it really worth it?" vibes, but turned out it was really fun show, and my favorite so far.

Sold out again, a bit under 200 people, apparently the last show at this venue.

Arrived early this time and picked up a front row seat, which was a good choice. Got a couple nice interactions with the talent and generally a good mood show. The personal highlight was being able to scold Jessica Love when she sat next to me after her mischievous hijinks (she has more cred than the most around here, considering that she has wrestled Kana, Emi Sakura, Tajiri and Ultimo Dragon back in the day).

The new debutante, Mimosa, was really impressing. Six feet tall (seemed legit or close) and was more comfortable in the ring than 90% of the green girls I've seen.

Kind of unfortunate that I've seen three shows this fall and every time time their top champion Regina Rosendahl has lost. Granted, the first one was against a foreign star, the second was a makeshift match due to an illness and featured heavy cheating, and this time her tag partner was pinned, but from my personal point of view she's currently a weak champion. Hoping for a good showing in the annual big show in December

Kennel fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 18, 2023

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Joey Janella should not try to do a KENTA match. The main event was rough

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
went to my first defy show last night, and i gotta say is that el gringo loco loving rules.

first time seeing a lot of those dudes too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All of Dave Meltzer's hard work paid off, someone booked his friend.

https://twitter.com/MCWWrestling/status/1726769345940820381

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I haven't been to one of their shows in awhile, but they used to put on a pretty solid show. They really don't want my money between Riddle and Ellsworth though yeesh.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Yea I thought Ellsworth was a pariah and no one was booking him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He owns a Maryland indie called ACW (Adrenaline Championship Wrestling) that he consistently works at, outside of that and MCW he hasn't had much else, especially outside of the Northeast

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

syzpid posted:

Yea I thought Ellsworth was a pariah and no one was booking him

My buddy went to an MCW show where he came out as a surprise and was super pissed

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I always confuse Ellsworth with Colin Delaney/Olsen, which is kind of sad.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

My friend from college, who unfortunately is a pretty good guy, is an indie wrestler based in Maryland so I have to see these Ellsworth cards promoted all the time

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Mob posted:

My friend from college, who unfortunately is a pretty good guy, is an indie wrestler based in Maryland so I have to see these Ellsworth cards promoted all the time

fun fact he would sleepwalk but that just meant sitting up, killing a bottle of YooHoo, then passing back out on the couch

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Excited that Enjoy Killing in the Name of has debuted on Wremix fun shows to watch live even though I know I can see myself too much in the crowd lol

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

Excited that Enjoy Killing in the Name of has debuted on Wremix fun shows to watch live even though I know I can see myself too much in the crowd lol

If I see the hard cam I purposely try not to be on the side with it. I did that at one event, but one of the photographers were so lazy that they never took pictures from anywhere but the opposite side of where I was sitting. 90% of what the promotion shared on IG were the photos from them and I hated seeing myself in every shot.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

syzpid posted:

If I see the hard cam I purposely try not to be on the side with it. I did that at one event, but one of the photographers were so lazy that they never took pictures from anywhere but the opposite side of where I was sitting. 90% of what the promotion shared on IG were the photos from them and I hated seeing myself in every shot.
I'm worried during the Ziggy match where my close friend was 3 beers deep so he does his Irish accent are starts going up the Ra and saying the heel is a protestant. We were right by one of the camera men when this was happening lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ive been watching UWW on youtube and the shows are fun but some production notes; can we get a mic pointed at the ring and can we zoom the roamer cams out and maybe zoom the hard cam in. Its producing a strange effect where the wrestlers look small on the hard camera shots and huge in the ringside camera.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i was not expecting a surprise Rampage Jackson to come out for commentary

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

There’s an indie show today in Vancouver with an Oregon Trail Elimination match

You better believe there’s going to be a dysentery chant

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

ARMBAR A COP posted:

One of my favorite memories is going to a con that had a drunk live Oregon Trail playthrough and whenever we got to a river the entire room was chanting "FORD IT FORD IT" so you know wtf to do!!!!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

One of my favorite memories is going to a con that had a drunk live Oregon Trail playthrough and whenever we got to a river the entire room was chanting "FORD IT FORD IT" so you know wtf to do!!!!

🫡

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ARMBAR A COP posted:

cant wait for the tag team of peperony and chease

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

MancXVI posted:

Kilynn King vs. Serpentico at Mayhem on Mills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gtsqu2W6F0

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

FORD FOREVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Caulk the wagons clap clap clapclapclap