Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The georgia mission tree is annoying bc Ottomons can eat trebizond and AQ locking you out of a decent chunk for a while and Great Horde can get eaten by Muscovy locking you out of the PU unless you fight them once already. Ignoring the fact you get hugboxed by the AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is it just me or is the AI much happier to declare imperial ban and imperial liberation wars this patch

Kinda neat to have the Emperor actually try to protect the empire

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
So yeah Revoke done, flipped to Persian and fired off rebels to go Zoroastrian. Time to eat all the AE

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

'Persian Persia' oh you don't say??

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Kild posted:

The georgia mission tree is annoying bc Ottomons can eat trebizond and AQ locking you out of a decent chunk for a while and Great Horde can get eaten by Muscovy locking you out of the PU unless you fight them once already. Ignoring the fact you get hugboxed by the AI.

Accurate to being Georgian really.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
So I may have just played myself. I wanted to get Mare Nostrum as Austria but I’ve been happily passing reforms in the belief that I could revoke them when needed.

Turns out ‘an emperor can only revoke one reform in their lifetime’. Does this mean I need to wait for my leaders to continually die to revoke the ‘disallow internal HRE wars’ reform?

This would be the dumbest way to fail an achievement run.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

oh cool they fixed the bug I got last night
code:
Completing the Georgian mission ‘Throne of the Romans’ no longer removes Armenian as an accepted culture. Atop of this, you won't have Georgian as both an accepted and as the primary culture at the same time.

Now let me get the Byz t1 reform

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Sri.Theo posted:

So I may have just played myself. I wanted to get Mare Nostrum as Austria but I’ve been happily passing reforms in the belief that I could revoke them when needed.

Turns out ‘an emperor can only revoke one reform in their lifetime’. Does this mean I need to wait for my leaders to continually die to revoke the ‘disallow internal HRE wars’ reform?

This would be the dumbest way to fail an achievement run.

Form Spain, complete the Fecho del Imperio mission for diplo annex cost reduction, revoke the privilegia, get influence + admin + quality and turn on the diplo annex reduction cost policies and the estate privilege, diplo annex everything you need for Mare Nostrum. Honestly you probably don't even need to form Spain if you don't mind waiting around a while longer, only adds another 10% over Austria's idea. Tack on the curia controller, papal legate and admin efficiency and they're practically paying you to be annexed.

Or piss off enough electors to stop being emperor, leave the HRE, dismantle from outside and then conquer as normal.

OctaviusBeaver fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 15, 2023

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
You should also be able to force a revoke by 100% a war and making them revoke in the peace deal

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If you were to own all of India and Indonesia, what would you do with your trade flow to maximize it? I've tried a few different things but nothing seems to be better than collecting in Coromandel (my home node as Kandy) and in the Malacca node with a merchant, but there are just so many variables I'm curious what someone who has done this before did to figure it out. It being Ironman I cant exactly just move my trade capital around at-will.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

mostly going to come down to how much you can control in the hormuz/aden/zanzibar/cape trade nodes

theoretically gujarat gets a longer chain/more money, but if you lose enough runoff to transfers to hormuz it's not going to be worth the trade capital price change.

Ideally you do want to eventually conquer the ivory coast/cape so you can make it a psuedo end node instead for max income though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's kind of hard to get good trade income in india because it's super leaky. I've had some success routing it out overland and collecting somewhere in persia. This means less of your money is flowing through the coastal nodes, which is where all the money escapes from.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
100% the Cape and throwing it all down there is the best way, but if you own all of India and Indonesia you're already insanely rich so who cares?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So if Japan forms, does that just lock the Shogunate out from ever re-appearing, even if an independent Daimyo takes Kyoto?

I'm trying to do Majapahit shogun, and by the time I got the colonial range to no-CB japan, there were only Ashikaga and an independent Uesugi left. I took a bunch of provinces from Ashikaga, then Uesugi took Kyoto and formed Japan while I was still coring. I could have prevented it by warning Uesugi but it didn't even occur to me that it'd be a problem. In fact, I thought it'd be nice if Uesugi took Kyoto because I didn't have a truce with them.

I just want to make sure that I'm understanding correctly what the problem is so I can avoid it on the second try. It'd suck to try again and realize the problem was something else entirely.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yes I am ludicrously rich and almost done Cotton Kandy + The Buddhists Strike Back but was asking just to try to get better at optimizing it. I like playing around with it but dont have the effort to save, back it up, mess around in game only to find what I did is worse, then have to fix the save and load again when I've already won. I want the money to feed my monument upgrade addiction

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

On the one hand costal nodes suck because a lot of places can reach them, on the other hand costal nodes are pretty good because any merchant there doesn't instantly apply a ton of caravan power for no reason. Land based nodes feel way worse because everyone gets a free trade fleet when they send a merchant there, unlike costal nodes that actually need to have a trade fleet there as well as a merchant.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

So if Japan forms, does that just lock the Shogunate out from ever re-appearing, even if an independent Daimyo takes Kyoto?

I'm trying to do Majapahit shogun, and by the time I got the colonial range to no-CB japan, there were only Ashikaga and an independent Uesugi left. I took a bunch of provinces from Ashikaga, then Uesugi took Kyoto and formed Japan while I was still coring. I could have prevented it by warning Uesugi but it didn't even occur to me that it'd be a problem. In fact, I thought it'd be nice if Uesugi took Kyoto because I didn't have a truce with them.

I just want to make sure that I'm understanding correctly what the problem is so I can avoid it on the second try. It'd suck to try again and realize the problem was something else entirely.

As long as you are a daimyo and take Kyoto you should be able to become shogun. If its not working you may have to kill off the Japan tag, but I don't think it forming should permanently lock you out.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

cape is the best place to collect asian and east african trade from for sure but you will have won the game by the time you're in control of ivory coast enough to prevent cape from leaking and also in control of enough nodes to pipe to cape without significant leakage

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Firebatgyro posted:

As long as you are a daimyo and take Kyoto you should be able to become shogun. If its not working you may have to kill off the Japan tag, but I don't think it forming should permanently lock you out.

Incorrect. The Shogunate is abolished if Japan is formed by any method, or if anyone who is not a daimyo/independent daimyo takes Kyoto. Once gone it cannot be resurrected (like the HRE or the EOC).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Finally finished and can now start using the new patch!

Was a bit of a slog at times but overall fun. Could have finished much earlier than 1732 had I tried harder, picked better ideas earlier, and not focused so much on Indonesia or Indochina early on. That last bit I have to wonder if is a cart/horse conundrum because by having that power base I could throw my weight around in India more so when I started on India in earnest it was actually pretty easy. I set up the states of Song Hong and Central Thailand as manpower factories, with each province in them at 12k manpower or more. I have over 1k income with all of India, Indochina, and Indonesia stated and moderately built up (I could build so many more manufactories, holy moly).

Having all of the Buddhist monuments maxed out is hilarious and awesome. 6 Missionaries with 15.5% strength means everything I conquer gets converted in less than a year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 16, 2023

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I just noticed you take extra shock damage as a steppe horde when trying to lift a siege, because the mechanics make you the defender in those situations. I assume it has been like this all the time. :doh:

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

I just noticed you take extra shock damage as a steppe horde when trying to lift a siege, because the mechanics make you the defender in those situations. I assume it has been like this all the time. :doh:

Hordes get the penalty for not fighting on flat lands no matter if they are attacking or defending

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There’s two things being confused here.

Hordes get +25% shock on flat land and -25% shock otherwise. Typing out what counts as flat would be long but the otherwise is basically trees, hills, or mountains. Attacking or defending doesn’t matter.

But re: attacking or defending, horde or otherwise, someone besieging a fort always counts as attacker. Even if they were sat on the fort for a year before defending allies arrived and attacked. That’s why mountain forts are so good, you can walk up and smack them whenever while still getting the massive mountain defense bonus.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The idea is to make mountain forts really defensible (and thus a good idea to build), instead of a huge liability like they would be if you had to attack into mountains to relieve the siege.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

That was one of the best changes the EU4 dev team ever made after it got released reverse of that.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Is there a specific way to get Republican tradition as the Netherlands? I got legitimacy right now, so I do not know how to finish the Sinaasappel achievement

feller
Jul 5, 2006

skipThings posted:

Is there a specific way to get Republican tradition as the Netherlands? I got legitimacy right now, so I do not know how to finish the Sinaasappel achievement

If you chose to keep monarchy instead of going Dutch republic, then change to the estates general reform maybe

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I haven't played deep into a Netherlands game. Is there an event that lets you eat your national leader?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah the Orange Republic.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ugggh.

Got a mission reward of claims all over the Orissa Coast as France, sailed over to finally nab some Indian land, start winning the war, then when it's time to open the truve screen...

"All provinces out of coring range."

poo poo. poo poo. I had always assumed that missions that gave you claims in the other side of the world also let you core them!

Thankfully I also have a PU with a very big Castile, so I -might- be able to steal some of their provinces along the way to try and chain cores.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can't sieze land from PUs, unfortunately. If they have any small allies, you might be able to vassalize them in a separate peace then feed them land in the main peace deal while you sort the issue out

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

cheetah7071 posted:

You can't sieze land from PUs, unfortunately. If they have any small allies, you might be able to vassalize them in a separate peace then feed them land in the main peace deal while you sort the issue out

I thought provinces bordering your vassals are automatically in coring range?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Well. I'm hosed.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Staltran posted:

I thought provinces bordering your vassals are automatically in coring range?

Only if the province is on the same continent as your capital

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Ah. Can you diploannex out of coring range?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Staltran posted:

Ah. Can you diploannex out of coring range?

pretty sure you can

atvrager
Jun 15, 2007
fear

Looks like the Anbennar update dropped, changelog here: https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1jI0RGw9957Om5K0icZDa7OS6ILb9M_ltcKKdXFoqjYQ

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Sarhal is still overall pretty bare as far as unique mission trees go but it's a neat enough area.

Rest of the content is pretty good, especially the changes for Aelantir spawnables. Dwarovar balance is pretty bad right now with how easily the orcs can re-invade the mountains but that should eventually get ironed out.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wanna try zoroastrian persia. I'm guessing there's gonna be a "become zoroastrian" button to push after forming Persia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When you complete the first mission int he religious part of the tree, you can select whether you want Sunni, Shia, or Zoroastrian missions. I believe selecting Zoroastrian will also begin an event chain which converts your country