Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Eagles really dug deep, gave it their all, and had the refs gift them a phantom false start while the other team drops 5 crucial passes with no intervention from the Eagles defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

MrMojok posted:

loving LOL, the Eagles are going to get blown out by the Bucs Dolphins Cowboys Chiefs Niners, the Cowboys, then the Seahawks

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What is amazing is that when the NFL tries to reverse their 2022 superbowl turf decisions and make it all in favor of the Eagles, as a make-up kind of thing, they still only win because of a dropped pass that was Game

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Watching that game end and seeing all the players shaking hands, taking interviews and running down the tunnel from my couch staring at it all happening and I felt like I was in this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It will take me a while to collate the new Passer Ratings and QBR stats but rest assured Jalen Is Hurt is going to be at best mid pack, and likely bottom-half

e: 14 of 22 for no TDs and a pick. Not too good, is it, Chief?

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 21, 2023

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MrMojok posted:

loving LOL, the Eagles are going to get blown out by the Niners, the Cowboys, then the Seahawks

And then get destroyed by whoever they face in the playoffs.

Absolute loving frauds, I am finding it difficult to remember a more fraudulent team and I have watched the NFL since 1975

Have you watched the Seahawks at all?

They're way more fraudulent than the Eagles

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Have you watched the Seahawks at all?

They're way more fraudulent than the Eagles

Yes, but there are rules here, Donnie.

Under no circumstances do we acknowledge good performances by teams that aren’t our own.

At all times we predict doom for all other teams.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It is still inconclusive going into week 12 if the 9-1 eagles are a good team or not and I am not joking, football loving rules

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

Love my garbage fraud 9-1 team

Worst 9-1 team ever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is like orcs beating the elves in loth Lorien

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I feel like everyone is looking past the Bills and I’m disappointed in you all. Eagles are playing a clearly inferior opponent coming off a big win, this is like catnip to them except for losing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I jus rewatched the the 2nd half

Mahomes is bad this year

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

I jus rewatched the the 2nd half

Mahomes is bad this year

What was your favorite part

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

What was your favorite part

The phantom illegal contact call on the eagles to give Mahomes a free first downs

And then a lot of horrible passes by Mahomes

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

The Eagles really dug deep, gave it their all, and had the refs gift them a phantom false start while the other team drops 5 crucial passes with no intervention from the Eagles defense

If Mahomes was a better QB he wouldn't have let his receivers drop those passes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
that was a crazy win, and the refs tried so hard to keep the Chiefs in it at the end there

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I think from a purely technical definitional sense Hurts has to be the MVP since the team only needs 9 yards to convert a set of downs. is he the best quarterback? no. does that matter? gently caress no

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I do think the offensive coordinator is out of his mind for the relentless screen game. It worked like twice all game and to the detriment of several drives other times.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I feel like most OCs overuse screens

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

We can all take solace that the Eagles did finally find a time to use the Brotherly Shove and it worked

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

MrMojok posted:

We can all take solace that the Eagles did finally find a time to use the Brotherly Shove and it worked

We never used the brotherly shove against the jets look what happened

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/BengalYouTube/status/1726800064847413691?t=

If a move like this resulted in a turnover I would still be on the floor laughing

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

beep by grandpa posted:

If a move like this resulted in a turnover I would still be on the floor laughing

There's also the comedy potential of the ball bouncing straight up off the defender's hands, the QB catching it out of instinct, and then getting immediately tackled and have the clock run out.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

beep by grandpa posted:

Now that Ive seen this, I wonder why no one else trys this

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Everyone is talking about mahomes receivers letting him down, but what we really need to talk about is how our refs let us down.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

MrMojok posted:

gg Eagles

You really lucked out on that drop though, that was Game

MrMojok posted:

You know what, I respect it though. Eagles were tough, against a really tough team.

They played hard and never gave up, and we call this INTANGIBLES

I call it luck. Eagles were very fortunate to win that game. The Dallas game as well for that matter

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

I call it luck. Eagles were very fortunate to win that game. The Dallas game as well for that matter

You have to be Really good to have the opportunity to let luck decide games like that

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
it helps that mahomes made his receivers drop so many passes

drat generous of him imo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

it helps that mahomes made his receivers drop so many passes

drat generous of him imo

Definitely a bad night for Mahomes

He seems Mortal this season

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The refs made Andy Reid not sign any recievers worth a poo poo.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

My biggest takeaway was really the Chiefs defense. They were a lot better than I thought.

AJ Brown is about the very last WR in the league I’d expect to be held to a single catch for eight yards, but they dunnit to him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah the chiefs DT jones is very good

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't disagree, at least for the NFCE

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://theathletic.com/5067161/2023/11/21/nfl-player-poll-2023?source=user-shared-article

Free to read

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That link doesn’t work sorry

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

73 responses? Put that graph in da trash

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Go here and past the link into the box:

https://12ft.io/

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

73 responses? Put that graph in da trash
Respondents were limited to NFL players so I think that's actually a representative sample and it also vastly changes the definition of "annoying".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Now that Ive seen this, I wonder why no one else trys this

I think the chances of it actually working is extremely slim. You'd have to prevent the spiked ball from hitting the ground at point blank range and somehow hold on. While basically blind because you don't have time to really position yourself but just dive forward and hope it works out. You can see Carter get his hands pretty much in position but he doesn't have a chance at clamping down at the right moment so the ball bounces out

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 21, 2023