Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Sally posted:

exposition!

Time to read all that exposition in English!! https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/axvfExR/1/1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

pik_d posted:

Time to read all that exposition in English!! https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/axvfExR/1/1/

”during the three panels you were locating Manako, I went back to check on things”

Lmao

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Of course the redundant names started with the guy at the top. Of course they did.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

the name of evil itself: empty boiled

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
Manako correctly noting hero name redundancy :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Empty Void looked awesome.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I like how Sonic was a pompous youth. If he had access to the Internet he would buy a fedora and a cane sword.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Let's be honest, they're all mall-swords guys. Yes, even the original. Perhaps especially so

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Try not to get lost." :3:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Has this manga been funny to any one else recently? It feels like, ever since we finished the Monster Association and Garou arcs, the chuckles have only increased by the chapter.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The chuckles will increase until morale improves.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I definitely got a decent laugh out of the reveal of the name "Empty Void", and yeah I agree that the last several chapters have been great with the laughs. King lowering the sword over 3 mins still gets me.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Computer, show me the idealized One Punch panel.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
lol at Monaka’s expression, she definitely just wants to live in Saitama’s doghouse and not be involved with this poo poo.

…speaking of doghouse, wonder what’s gonna happen with Black Sperm? How much protein does he need to come back with full force?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Has this manga been funny to any one else recently? It feels like, ever since we finished the Monster Association and Garou arcs, the chuckles have only increased by the chapter.
It has surely made a sharp transition from 'superhero comic' back to 'manga making fun about action superhero comics'. I approve.

This chapter I think had a lower chuckles-to-monologues ratio than last chapter.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wasn't expecting this to turn into a Guilty Gear prequel.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Does anyone have a full body shot of Manako/"Oculette"? I was trying to find one so I can do a run of my favorite OPM characters as laser engraved coasters, and I haven't been able to find anything but head shots. The only straight on shot I've found is her and Saitama tightening their belts trying to try to stave off hunger in the monster association arc.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 17, 2023

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

spookykid posted:

Does anyone have a full body shot of Manako/"Oculette"? I was trying to find one so I can do a run of my favorite OPM characters as laser engraved coasters, and I haven't been able to find anything but head shots. The only straight on shot I've found is her and Saitama tightening their belts trying to try to stave off hunger in the monster association arc.

This is a timely question, as I was looking for an image for my own reason.

I did a quick scan of some chapters that I know she's in, and there are several shots of her full body, but they are pretty much always small, and she's usually scared or something.

Chapter 138 has an image where she is jumping out of the way of the cube that Saitama tosses towards her.

The volume 26 extras has her dressed as, I don't know, a crossing guard or something...

Chapter 125 has an image of her imagining herself as an angel

Chapter 131 has a few when they are first buried underground and figure out that she can be used as a lightbulb

Hope these help!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Thanks. I really didn't realize how hard it was to find, and how rarely Murata actually draws anyone but "main" characters in full profile until I actually went looking for for this. I'm glad someone else was having the same issue and confirmed I'm not just taking crazy pills.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 17, 2023

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Just think of how incredible it will be when we get the first 2-page spread of an incredibly detailed Manako action pose!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Bucswabe posted:

Just think of how incredible it will be when we get the first 2-page spread of an incredibly detailed Manako action pose!

I mean if Dandadan can give a full tankoubon cover to one of the goofiest characters in the series, anything is possible:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bucswabe posted:

Redrawing one of the Fubuki covers but she's replaced by Monako.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Initial artwork -> cleanup -> vector -> laser test done with one of my favorite panels in the whole series:

Seems like it came out pretty good.

I'm not etsying/selling any of this, it's all for personal use and gifts for friends.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

spookykid posted:

Thanks. I really didn't realize how hard it was to find, and how rarely Murata actually draws anyone but "main" characters in full profile until I actually went looking for for this. I'm glad someone else was having the same issue and confirmed I'm not just taking crazy pills.

What a coincidence, I was looking for a picture of Manako earlier today too.

I don't like that a lot of art of her has her as pink. It feels like they're really trying to feminize her for no reason, and honestly it doesn't look that great. I don't know if she has an official color yet though. I always picture her as white.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I swear I've only seen the first Despicable Me but I could've swore she was yellow.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
For me, green, probably because of Monsters Inc

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Changes color to reflect her mood like a chameleon or octopus.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

For me, green, probably because of Monsters Inc

:same:

But I guess it makes sense that she's pink. She's supposed to be a castoff piece of Gyoro Gyoro, who is also pink, after all.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I thought a sort of fleshy-yellow

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

yeah i was def thinking yellow

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Sorry friends, but she's officially pink. There was a small image of her in one of the recent volume's cover art.

https://cubari.moe/read/gist/OPM/127-5/1/

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I stand with Yellow monaco

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Alacron posted:

:same:

But I guess it makes sense that she's pink. She's supposed to be a castoff piece of Gyoro Gyoro, who is also pink, after all.

Gyoro Gyoro also looked better white, tbh.

Murata plz redraw.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Flashy Flash explicitly labels Manako as pink in his drawing of her, so there's no real question about it at this point. I always imagined her as light green though.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I imagined her as yellow too. Because of that little freak from Monster Rancher

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Bucswabe posted:

Sorry friends, but she's officially pink. There was a small image of her in one of the recent volume's cover art.

https://cubari.moe/read/gist/OPM/127-5/1/

this looked yellow with my screen tint on, which explains a lot

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I guess that the Yellow Devil from Megaman colored (:v:) my impression of the character because that's what she always looked like in my mind.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Isnt her design straight up Mike Wazowski, even down to the horns? I just saw her as green for that reason.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Adding a vote to yellow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Y'all are having the Kirby argument between Sakurai and Miyamoto from 31 years ago. Sakurai felt like Kirby should be Pink, Miyamoto thought he should be Yellow. Congratulations!