Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

is that tank gonna be okay? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

hemale in pain posted:

I don't think so, tanks don't get tyred so I think it's dead

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

hemale in pain posted:

Better than most Russian tanks these days.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dwesa posted:

Some bad news regarding stalemate and RU regaining advantages

Sholz! Macron! Where are the loving shells!

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Don't worry; it happens to everyone at some point.

Burns
May 10, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

A bunch of Finns just started salivating for no discernible reason.

It would be nice if Russia would just tear the band aid off (by attacking a EU and NATO member country).

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Burns posted:

It would be nice if Russia would just tear the band aid off (by attacking a EU and NATO member country).

No it wouldn't, because it would mean hundreds of thousands of dead and millions more affected for life. It would be nice if Russia got a normal loving president and started becoming a normal country instead of the lovely pisshound nation they are now.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I'd rather they just hosed off back across the border tbh

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

You can tell it's not a T-14 Armata because while it is primarily stationary, the barrel is straighter than normal and it's not on fire.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

A bunch of Finns just started salivating for no discernible reason.

Yeah we have a large fifth column, they're even in Cabinet.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
o dear, 3rd quarter figures out for Russian producer prices

Jul = +4.1%
Aug = +10.6%
Sept = +16.7%

In my best Musk voice...concerning

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Sedgr posted:

You can tell it's not a T-14 Armata because while it is primarily stationary, the barrel is straighter than normal and it's not on fire.

Whenever I see a t14 in motion, something about its barrel just looks off.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tai posted:

Jul = +4.1%
Aug = +10.6%
Sept = +16.7%

In my best Musk voice...interesting

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Tai posted:

Jul = +4.1%
Aug = +10.6%
Sept = +16.7%

Тревожно

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Tai posted:

Jul = +4.1%
Aug = +10.6%
Sept = +16.7%

stay with me here... if units sold stay constant, that means a growth in revenue of 6% month over month!

western economies can only dream of such lavish numbers

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Tai posted:

Jul = +4.1%
Aug = +10.6%
Sept = +16.7%

Concerning for your homonazi NATO economics. Russian economy strong (or else it gets fallen out of a window)!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
34% price jump in 3 months is Argentina economics

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
that's the tanks former skin, it recently molted

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

hey, at least the turret is still attached.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

when u nut but she's still suckin

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Yeah, that's the aging equipment for you. The barrel flops around having more common with a rope than pipe, and all the other bits just hang loose.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Der Kyhe posted:

Yeah, that's the aging equipment for you. The barrel flops around having more common with a rope than pipe, and all the other bits just hang loose.

Talk to your doctor about projectile dysfunction.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
:byetankie: Russian arms makers didn't score a single sale at a recent arms expo while the American arms makers were throwing money around monopoly man style racking up sales

https://www.newsweek.com/us-arms-makers-dubai-airshow-russia-sanctions-1845564

quote:

U.S. arms makers dominated last week's Dubai Airshow, as Russia failed to report a single sale, with one executive claiming the country had been sidelined from the exhibition's main pavilion.

The biennial air show, which is the largest aerospace exhibition in the Middle East, was held between November 13 and 17, and gathered the leading manufacturers of civil and military aircraft. Russian firms including Rostec, United Aircraft Corp and Almaz-Anty, participated.

Russia's standing as a global arms exporter has been diminished by Russian President Vladimir Putin's ongoing war in Ukraine, but exports had been declining for a few years prior to the conflict.

Data from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute shows that Russia's share of global arms exports fell from 22 percent from 2013-17 to 16 percent from 2018-22.

Russian officials brought with them to the exhibition 250 samples of weapons and equipment, but its state aerospace and defense company Rosoboronexport did not secure a single contract during the event, The Moscow Times reported.

Newsweek has contacted Russia's Defense Ministry via email for comment.

A Russian arms industry executive, who declined to be named as they were not authorized to speak to the media, told Reuters that they believed Russian companies were deliberately sidelined from the main exhibition area, where firms such as U.S. Lockheed Martin, American aerospace giant Boeing and French rival Airbus were present.

"We have been put a bit away, outside the main pavilion," the source said.

Boeing secured 295 aircraft orders by the end of the exhibition, while Airbus finished with 86 orders.

The head of Rosoboronexport, Alexander Mikheev, on the first day of the Dubai Airshow urged potential buyers to look past the 2018 sanctions that were imposed on the state corporation, which have created problems with logistics and payments.

"We have been working without (international financial transaction service) SWIFT, without the dollar and without the euro for a long time," Mikheev said, adding that the corporation has developed solutions that have solved "all logistical and financial problems."

Vladimir Artyakov, deputy general director of Russia's defense conglomerate Rostec, was cited by state-run news agency Tass as saying that Russian weapons "have long been recognized as one of the best in the world."

"The experience of their use in real combat operations supports this high status. The best advertising for domestic weapons and military equipment today is done not with the help of advertising brochures, but on the battlefield," he said.

Artyakov said that Western sanctions against Moscow meant that a number of nations have stopped importing Russian weapons.

"At the same time, we are establishing military-technical cooperation with new countries that see how effectively Russian weapons are used in real conditions," he said.

"Today Russia is actively working with countries in the Asia-Pacific region, Africa, Latin America and the CIS. The Middle Eastern market is important for us; a large number of joint civilian and defense projects are being implemented here," Artyakov added.

"Countries in the region are often among the first to acquire the latest Russian weapons and military equipment."

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

quote:

"The experience of their use in real combat operations supports this high status. The best advertising for domestic weapons and military equipment today is done not with the help of advertising brochures, but on the battlefield," he said.

:frogbon:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

what exactly would they sell?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

CommieGIR posted:

Talk to your doctor about projectile dysfunction.

There it is, the joke I was trying to think of since seeing that flaccid tank!

:golfclap:

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

ChubbyChecker posted:

what exactly would they sell?

sellaccept orders and prepayment for

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

tiaz posted:

Prepayments preferred in functional military gear, especially artillery and armored vehicles.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

tiaz posted:

ah, ofc

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Payments accepted in fishbrick

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

I thought europe disallows prescription drug ads.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

:byetankie: Russian arms makers didn't score a single sale at a recent arms expo while the American arms makers were throwing money around monopoly man style racking up sales

That's great but have they considered giving these weapons to Ukraine?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

No there are lovely out of control client states in the Middle East that need them more so they can join the growing consensus that dictatorship is a legitimate cultural preference and go to war with us in a few decades

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

just needs some gas

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

That's great but have they considered giving these weapons to Ukraine?

The Russians are already donating sizeable amounts of weapons to Ukraine.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

A very relaxed tank. :kiss:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

HonorableTB posted:

LMAO, yep blame anything else other than their best they build getting clowned by whatever retired poo poo NATO found under the couch.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Not a single sale, if true, is even sadder than the current 40F downpour where I am today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If there are any Russian arms dealers reading this, I have a crisp :10bux: in my pocket and an S-400 shaped hole in my heart. My pms are open