Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

lmao at the idea of The Smiths doing a concert for Bernie

which group did the big east coast concert for him?

edit: tried to google it & got weekend at bernie's movie posters instead, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Joementum posted:

well yeah. you know who john dean is, right?

gradenko_2000 posted:

loq come on man it's John Dean

confession:

I looked through his feed though and the answer seems to be "nevertrump/Lincoln Project GOP guy" which is thread content

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/JohnWDean/status/1721661913573298529

v happy for these old guys joining a special club. They seem like they need hobbies

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

^^^ ah, the mastodon of the GOP.

john dean is a convicted felon himself, and should be barred from opining on others' criminality like he was barred from practicing law. :colbert:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Willa Rogers posted:

It was The Strokes. close enough

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
John Dean: Where are the soft spots on this? Well, first of all, there’s the problem of the continued blackmail—

President Nixon: Right.

Dean: --which will not only go on now, it’ll go on when these people are in prison, and it will compound the obstruction-of-justice situation. It’ll cost money. It’s dangerous. Nobody, nothing--people around here are not pros at this sort of thing. This is the sort of thing Mafia people can do: washing money, getting clean money, and things like that. We just don’t know about those things, because we’re not used to, you know, we’re not criminals. We're not used to dealing in that business. It's a--

President Nixon: That's right.

Dean: It’s a tough thing to know how to do.

President Nixon: Maybe we can’t even do that.

Dean: That’s right. It’s a real problem as to whether we could even do it. Plus, there’s a real problem in raising money. [John] Mitchell has been working on raising some money, feeling he’s got, you know, he’s got—he’s one of the ones with the most to lose. But there’s no denying the fact that the White House and [John] Ehrlichman, [Bob] Haldeman, and Dean are involved in some of the early money decisions.

President Nixon: How much money do you need?

Dean: I would say these people are going to cost a million dollars over the next two years.

Short pause.

President Nixon: We could get that.

Dean: Mm-hmm.

President Nixon: If you—on the money, if you need the money, I mean, you could get the money fairly easily.

Dean: Well, I think that we’re--

President Nixon: What I meant is, you could get a million dollars. And you could get it in cash. I know where it could be gotten.

President Nixon: I mean, it’s not easy, but it could be done.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ty

strokes, smiths, close enough for an old's deteriorating brain.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Joementum posted:

John Dean: Where are the soft spots on this? Well, first of all, there’s the problem of the continued blackmail—

President Nixon: Right.

Dean: --which will not only go on now, it’ll go on when these people are in prison, and it will compound the obstruction-of-justice situation. It’ll cost money. It’s dangerous. Nobody, nothing--people around here are not pros at this sort of thing. This is the sort of thing Mafia people can do: washing money, getting clean money, and things like that. We just don’t know about those things, because we’re not used to, you know, we’re not criminals. We're not used to dealing in that business. It's a--

President Nixon: That's right.

Dean: It’s a tough thing to know how to do.

President Nixon: Maybe we can’t even do that.

Dean: That’s right. It’s a real problem as to whether we could even do it. Plus, there’s a real problem in raising money. [John] Mitchell has been working on raising some money, feeling he’s got, you know, he’s got—he’s one of the ones with the most to lose. But there’s no denying the fact that the White House and [John] Ehrlichman, [Bob] Haldeman, and Dean are involved in some of the early money decisions.

President Nixon: How much money do you need?

Dean: I would say these people are going to cost a million dollars over the next two years.

Short pause.

President Nixon: We could get that.

President Nixon: If you—on the money, if you need the money, I mean, you could get the money fairly easily.

Dean: Well, I think that we’re--

President Nixon: What I meant is, you could get a million dollars. And you could get it in cash. I know where it could be gotten.

President Nixon: I mean, it’s not easy, but it could be done.

it's ok though he joined the #resistance so he's good now

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

think you're thinking of The Strokes.

it's just funny to picture The Smiths getting together for their first show in 35 years to support Bernie when their singer's current politics are basically being one of the "ENGLAND PREVAILS!" guys from Children of Men

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I only follow singers' politics when they're named cardi b.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

FuzzySlippers posted:

I'm not gonna hassle anyone too much about how they choose to vote DTA. I think Trump is a lot funnier, but I don't think the Kennedy is going to be good for the empire either.

Osama endorsed Biden though so who can really say?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sullat posted:

Osama endorsed Biden though so who can really say?

Listen here Bud, America deserved Joe Biden.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Willa Rogers posted:

it's funny as hell that libs trying to decide whether bluesky, threads or mastodon (<--remember that?) should be the preferred replacement for evil elon's house of ill repute, then failing to achieve critical mass on any of them & continuing to use twitter instead.

It's so funny, they all come crawling back eventually. Only Trump has managed to stay away.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

It's just a stutter!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

it's just funny to picture The Smiths getting together for their first show in 35 years to support Bernie when their singer's current politics are basically being one of the "ENGLAND PREVAILS!" guys from Children of Men
if Morrissey just stuck to talking about US politics, he'd be absolutely beloved.

quote:

At a Dublin concert in June 2004, Morrissey commented on the death of Ronald Reagan, saying that he would have preferred if George W. Bush had died instead.[409] Morrissey openly criticized the War on Terror and condemned Bush as "the world's most famous active terrorist, as he bizarrely bombs the innocent people of Iraq out of existence in the name of freedom and democracy" in his autobiography.[410]

During a January 2008 concert, Morrissey remarked "God Bless Barack Obama" and criticised Hillary Clinton, naming her "Billary Clinton".[411] However, in 2015, he accused Obama of not doing enough to tackle police brutality, stating he could not "see him doing anything at all for the black community except warning them that they must respect the security forces."[412] He endorsed Clinton in the 2016 United States presidential election,[238] although later criticised her as "the face and voice of pooled money" and praised Bernie Sanders as "sane and intelligent", accusing the US media of paying insufficient attention to his campaign. Morrissey called Donald Trump "Donald Thump" and accused him of not having any sympathy for the victims of the Orlando nightclub shooting.[413] When asked in a 2017 interview if he would push a button that would kill Trump if given the opportunity, he responded that he "would, for the safety of the human race."[244][414][245] He later said the United States Secret Service questioned him over his comments on Trump.[415]

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sullat posted:

It's just a stutter!

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1727002181268648391

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Get an aneurysm from trying to blow out all 900 of your birthday candles, old man.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1726587012873068994?s=20
https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1726945924927410441?s=20
https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1726731926776549418?s=20

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Yeah, those Arabic calendars are proof of al Shifa being a terrorist hotbed.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

if the president is going to get a huge opinion piece published in a major newspaper, they should have to write it themselves. i dont believe for a second he did more than glance at the draft his staff sent for approval

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mags posted:

zucc’s succ n fucc manor of boring repute

lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Please stop calling Joe Biden Genocide Joe!

John Kirby posted:

Q Thank you. And the second question. Protesters here in D.C., in New York, across the country — they’ve settled on a nickname for the President. They’ve been calling him “Genocide Joe.” They wrote it on the gates. Do you have a response from the White House for that nickname that they’ve settled on?

MR. KIRBY: We’re not worried about nicknames and bumper stickers. I mean, it — it’s First Amendment, free speech.

The President is focused on — as he wrote in his op-ed, on making sure that we can continue to support Israel as they fight a terrible terrorist group, Hamas, and as we all work together to get humanitarian assistance in and get people out, including hostages.

I said this the other day: Again, people can say what they want on — on the sidewalk and that — and we respect that. That’s what the First Amendment is about.

But this word “genocide” is getting thrown around in a pretty inappropriate way by lots of different folks.

What Hamas wants, make no mistake about it, is genocide. They want to wipe Israel off the map. They’ve said so publicly on more than one occasion — in fact, just recently.

And they’ve said that they’re not going to stop, what happened on the 7th of October is going to happen again and again and again. And what happened on the 7th of October? Murder. Slaughter of innocent people in their homes or at a music festival. That’s genocidal intentions.

Yes, there are too many civilian casualties in Gaza. Yes, the numbers are too high. Yes, fam- — too many families are grieving. And yes, we continue to urge the Israelis to be as careful and cautious as possible. That’s not going to stop, from the President right on down.

But Israel is not trying to wipe the Palestinian people off the map. Israel is not trying to wipe Gaza off the map.

Israel is trying to defend itself against a genocidal terrorist threat. So, when we’re going to start — if we’re going to start using that word, fine, let’s use it appropriately.

Rejection of reality:
- Hamas is doing the genocide.
- The civilian death toll is too high, but Israel is trying REALLY hard not to murder them.
- Israel is trying to defend itself against a genocidal terrorist threat.

Genocide denial:
- Israel is not trying to wipe the Palestinian people off the map.
- Israel is trying to defend itself against a genocidal terrorist threat.

I hate The United States of America so goddamn much.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

quote:

What Israel wants, make no mistake about it, is genocide. They want to wipe Palestine off the map. They’ve said so publicly on more than one occasion — in fact, just recently.

And they’ve said that they’re not going to stop, what happened to al-Shifa hospital is going to happen again and again and again. And what happened to al-Shifa hospital? Murder. Slaughter of innocent people . That’s genocidal intentions.

Yes, there are too many civilian casualties in Gaza. Yes, the numbers are too high. Yes, fam- — too many families are grieving. And yes, we continue to urge the Israelis to be as careful and cautious as possible. That’s not going to stop, from the President right on down.

Hamas is trying to defend itself against a genocidal terrorist threat. So, when we’re going to start — if we’re going to start using that word, fine, let’s use it appropriately.

Fixed that for you, Kirby.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

the strokes.

I was there with my best friend in NH. It was one of the happiest moments I ever had followed immediately by one of the worse when Bernie poo poo his pants and killed the left, then shot his dick off.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

:ssh: 81 year old fucker as of yesterday

I'm sure this is meant to be a joke, but the joke is on young people.

Who will be laughing last?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I saw a few variations of this at different protests. It's funny how "We did it Joe!" became a meme, and it's making me wish we had a Kamala smilie here.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Willa Rogers posted:

illinois & california were two of the top fraud states for unemployment comp, and they linked the cause to those states farming out the design & implementation of those systems to mckinsey-style consultants.

and yet tens of millions of people were making more on unemployment comp than they'd been making at their minimum-wage jobs. It was guaranteed basic income that worked when it wasn't hosed.

Yes, it worked at the time. I'm just tickled that Jay Inslee has his goons out there claiming that single moms & waiters owe the state $50,000 three years later because his agency can't be bothered to do their jobs right

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Joementum posted:

well yeah. you know who john dean is, right?

The sausage guy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/986620501773733888?t=wQkY0YJAbd65W-Pt7_gs7g&s=19

cardi b is right

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
this nation's strategy for saving lives is slapping a "do not use on civilians" mattress tag on our bombs

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

PhilippAchtel posted:

The sausage guy

:hmmyes:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Cardi B should immediately primary Joe Biden

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PhilippAchtel posted:

The sausage guy

Gordon Frohman?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Scarabrae posted:

Cardi B should immediately primary Joe Biden

she wont be old enough until the next round, which she will win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

if you don't think what elon has been doing over the past year can be described as self-destructing idk what to tell you