Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

pseudodragon posted:

A Canada-US home-and-away would be pretty sweet. I'm sure Sweden-Finland would be the same.

Vancouver-Seattle, Toronto-Buffalo/Detroit, or Montreal-Boston with a day in between (since there's no chance they'll go b2b) would be cool.

Do a summit series so Canada can take down the evil American empire like they did the evil Soviet empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Powershift posted:

Do a summit series so Canada can take down the evil American empire like they did the evil Soviet empire.

That would kick so much rear end. By game 8 you'd get crazy poo poo like Marner losing his mind and going Bobby Clarke on Auston.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

God that sucked. Tampa is somehow capable of making a 5-4 game a chore to watch.

This must be what watching baseball is like. I now understand why Wonderllama is.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
wait why the hell are there 0 games tomorrow, 14 games on Wednesday and then 0 games on Thursday

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Starsfan posted:

wait why the hell are there 0 games tomorrow, 14 games on Wednesday and then 0 games on Thursday

Thursday is American thanksgiving, Tomorrow is Carly Rae Jephsen's birthday.

The players are being given a day off to celebrate each.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Man not having the Czechs sucks, but I'm guessing their idea is to have rosters comprised entirely of NHL players and those four countries + Russia are really the only ones who could do that.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Wednesday is the biggest bar day of the year. Maximize that ad revenue

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Goddamnit. The Flames are back.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

Man not having the Czechs sucks, but I'm guessing their idea is to have rosters comprised entirely of NHL players and those four countries + Russia are really the only ones who could do that.

There are actually enough Czechs in the NHL to do it, I guess they just didn't want to have odd numbers. There are five Czech goalies and 21 skaters who have played so far this year. It would've definitely been the weakest roster, they have a few guys that made me say "who?", but they have enough solid top-end players I think they could maybe steal a game from someone if their goalie got hot.

This is just players who have played at elast a game this year according to the NHL site. I'm not sure if there are other guys on contracts who are in the AHL or something who could play. I also didn't take into account position or anything really here but they could do something like:
Necas-Zacha-Pastrnak
Palat-Hertl-Chytil
Zohorna-Kubalik-Vrana
Zadina-Faksa-Lauko
Ex: Kampf, Nosek

Hronek-Gudas
Jiricek-Rutta
Ludvig (who) + Ok I guess they'd need a forward to play defense

Vanecek
Vejmelka
Dostal

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 21, 2023

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Do the Caps even get to play hockey anymore? I swear we only get to play one game a week.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I'm sure playing 4 games a week all spring won't have any ill effects on the Caps' decrepit legs at all

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
https://x.com/TimCPeel20/status/1726842643638862334?s=20

theworstpersonyouknow.jpeg

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nah gently caress that, Peel can eat poo poo

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Nah gently caress that, Peel can eat poo poo

He needs to make a bad post now to game manage his good post.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heartbreaking.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 21, 2023

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
I mean it was leaning hard that way with all the white supremacy, but a slap fight between Spector and Peel might be the tipping point for me.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
let them fight dot jpg

https://x.com/TimCPeel20/status/1726992434255602063?s=20

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Frank "35-years-old" Seravalli

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What does Steve Simmons think?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
he doesn’t

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They have eight defensemen with them right now: Dahlin, Samuelsson, Power, Jokiharju, Clifton, R Johnson, E Johnson and Bryson. I don’t think they could send Bryson or Krebs to Rochester without clearing waivers, which I don’t think would happen. Levi could go though AND HE SHOULD!
Krebs has 8 NHL games of waiver exemption left. No one would claim Bryson at his cap hit, so I'm not even going to waste my time looking up if he's still exempt.

If you send Bryson down, and bench Clifton and E Johnson, that leaves you with 5 defensemen. Stillman or Clauge being the two top options in Rochester to call up. Clifton and EJ suck, but so do Stillman and Clauge.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Byfield with some nice hands, feet, and vision.

https://old.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/1806b7s/lak_2_ari_0_anze_kopitar_buries_an_insane/

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Tim Peel is working hard to reduce the profession of referees to a position of even lower esteem than it currently holds. What a miserable piece of poo poo lol

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
https://twitter.com/user/status/1726778670856208474

That's perfect Leon, don't change a thing

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Experienced coach Paul Coffey will coach this out of them

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I haven’t been following Edmonton at all this year and I didn’t believe y’all that they were really that bad…then I checked.

Holy gently caress Edmonton, really?!

(Also, lol, get hosed Chicago…)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Starsfan posted:

Tim Peel is working hard to reduce the profession of referees to a position of even lower esteem than it currently holds. What a miserable piece of poo poo lol

Peel 'retired' during the last season.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
The Flames still have some pretty bad problems, but they’re looking a lot better than they were at the beginning of the year.

I’m still hoping someone is tricked into taking Zadorov.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

There are actually enough Czechs in the NHL to do it, I guess they just didn't want to have odd numbers. There are five Czech goalies and 21 skaters who have played so far this year. It would've definitely been the weakest roster, they have a few guys that made me say "who?", but they have enough solid top-end players I think they could maybe steal a game from someone if their goalie got hot.

This is just players who have played at elast a game this year according to the NHL site. I'm not sure if there are other guys on contracts who are in the AHL or something who could play. I also didn't take into account position or anything really here but they could do something like:
Necas-Zacha-Pastrnak
Palat-Hertl-Chytil
Zohorna-Kubalik-Vrana
Zadina-Faksa-Lauko
Ex: Kampf, Nosek

Hronek-Gudas
Jiricek-Rutta
Ludvig (who) + Ok I guess they'd need a forward to play defense

Vanecek
Vejmelka
Dostal

Well I mean having 5 actual d-men (assuming there's no injuries before a midseason tournament, which is a big assumption) isn't really gonna do it. Also Zacha has some beef and won't play for the national team, although maybe that would change for a NHL tournament. Sucks though, I always root for them and that team would certainly be competitive, especially if they could add a few Euro leaguers.

He has looked incredible this year, he reminds me of Lindros some shifts with that combination of speed and size, it just looks overwhelming at times. One of the best forwards in the league analytically too, it's early but those 2020 guys really seem to be settling in this year (him, Laf, Raymond, Rossi, Perfetti), and that top end of the draft is looking a lot better. Holtz still sucks though!

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 21, 2023

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://x.com/PensInsideScoop/status/1727028400043491760?s=20

Rakell has been pretty bad so that's not so bad but Rust being out for any length of time would be lovely.

Gonna be an adventurous top six tomorrow if Rusty can't go.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Highlander got a 2.8k fine for a slewfoot.

I know slewfoots rarely see discipline, but goddamn I am surprised at that punishment given how blatant it was.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

One minute it's "EVERY GAME IS ON TUESDAY"
nekminnit it's "NO GAMES ON TUESDAY"

this is loving dumb

Minnesota are also bad, but terminally

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

th3t00t posted:

Krebs has 8 NHL games of waiver exemption left. No one would claim Bryson at his cap hit, so I'm not even going to waste my time looking up if he's still exempt.

If you send Bryson down, and bench Clifton and E Johnson, that leaves you with 5 defensemen. Stillman or Clauge being the two top options in Rochester to call up. Clifton and EJ suck, but so do Stillman and Clauge.

I wasn’t suggesting benching both Clifton and E. Johnson, one or the other. Donny G wouldn’t bench Clifton because he was in the USA development program and Don thinks he can unlock the kid’s potential or whatever, like he did with Tage. Erik Johnson is mostly dead weight. Have him as the extra guy. They gotta stop the 11-7 thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Diet Crack posted:

One minute it's "EVERY GAME IS ON TUESDAY"
nekminnit it's "NO GAMES ON TUESDAY"

this is loving dumb

Minnesota are also bad, but terminally

https://twitter.com/JeffMarek/status/1726974849774702748

There's more important things using the arenas tonight, like Alofoke.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Remember when Tim Peel got fired/retired for getting caught on a hit mic admitting that he's a loving fraud and jaut calls penalties because he feels like it? Cool guy.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Cocaine Bear posted:

Remember when Tim Peel got fired/retired for getting caught on a hit mic admitting that he's a loving fraud and jaut calls penalties because he feels like it? Cool guy.

Maybe they could find a barn somewhere in Alberta and just settle this like old time hockey.

Somewhere far away from where everyone else is, and then we can just leave Tim Peel’s social media accounts there with him.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
yeah thats funny as poo poo, if I was a ref I would do that too. I would definitely play favorites. I would not talk about it though.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jhet posted:

Maybe they could find a barn somewhere in Alberta and just settle this like old time hockey.

Somewhere far away from where everyone else is, and then we can just leave Tim Peel’s social media accounts there with him.

https://twitter.com/jeffveillette/status/1726979500402221456?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Cocaine Bear posted:

That's quality moderating, the only mistake he made was backing down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
https://youtu.be/NvAHlYKSMv8?si=PZQQO4dSQttSENpL