Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Lots of stuff in my wishlist on sale, yet I want none of them.
Maybe I'm too picky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I purged my wishlist a while back when I realized I was never actually going to buy half of the games on it. It sparked joy. It's now down to a lean 7 titles.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lol, people play Soulslikes on controllers? Mental!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I was slowly purging my wishlist but then my partner explained that they think it's funny that I have a huge wishlist because it means they can go into it on xmas or my birthday and get some things at random and I'll be all "what's that" and they can respond "you want this"

https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561198004393508

So now it's back to unworkable levels :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I put games onto my Wishlist for when I see something that looks interesting but it's in Early Access, that way when it finally releases I'll get an email about it so I can check if it's actually good or not.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I put games onto my Wishlist for when I see something that looks interesting but it's in Early Access, that way when it finally releases I'll get an email about it so I can check if it's actually good or not.

Yeah, this is almost exclusively what I use Wishlist for.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

I was slowly purging my wishlist but then my partner explained that they think it's funny that I have a huge wishlist because it means they can go into it on xmas or my birthday and get some things at random and I'll be all "what's that" and they can respond "you want this"

:eyepop:

Getting anxious just looking at it.

Here's my basic bitch wishlist (and I know nothing about Persona 5, just figured I should broaden my horizons now that Japanese devs are actually bothering to make PC ports)

https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561198027645510#sort=order

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
I've started treating my wishlist as more of a watch list, with most of the games on it being unreleased, usually with a TBD release date. It's a handy way to keep track of things that looked neat but aren't generating a lot of buzz yet. Once I get a notice that one of the games on my wishlist came out or entered early access, I check it out and decide whether I want to keep it there or purge it.

E:

Phlegmish posted:

:eyepop:

Getting anxious just looking at it.

Here's my basic bitch wishlist (and I know nothing about Persona 5, just figured I should broaden my horizons now that Japanese devs are actually bothering to make PC ports)

https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561198027645510#sort=order

You weren't kidding.

(Your profile might be set to private.)

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

StrixNebulosa posted:

Jeez Strix, you really went "Add all to Wishlist" on Steam :v:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

speaking of wishlists, remember when Silksong was going to be coming out soon?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Thanks for reminding me that I've been waiting for a Katana Zero ending for 5 years now.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Macichne Leainig posted:

Jeez Strix, you really went "Add all to Wishlist" on Steam :v:

The only criteria for me to add something to my wishlist is for me to a) be aware of it, b) think 'hey i want to try playing that' and c) that's it. That's all. If I had infinite time and money I would 100% give everything on my wishlist a shot. There are some things that go to the top of my wishlist because I specifically want to play them, but everything else? Yeah I wanna try that! Someday! Maybe!

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Just a reminder that during steam sales you can still often save money buying from a retailer like fanatical, greenmangaming, etc. Best to check sites like gg.deals or isthereanydeal.com first (though remember that buying through steam gives you easy refunds if it’s something you aren’t sure about).

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Velocity Raptor posted:

You weren't kidding.

(Your profile might be set to private.)

Oh drat, apparently I had it set to private for game details. Should be fixed now (although again, there's not much to see)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Thanks for reminding me that I've been waiting for a Katana Zero ending for 5 years now.

Might as well just grab Saanabi and pretend it is the ending

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Oh drat, apparently I had it set to private for game details. Should be fixed now (although again, there's not much to see)

you should buy and play Control now, today, it's REALLY good

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

also if you're playing control you should know there's a semi-official patch with various improvements

https://www.nexusmods.com/control/mods/90

it's by one of the remedy devs who kept working on the game on their own time, past the point that they're willing to QA new official patches, so they released it as a "mod"

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

kazil posted:

love that they are still going with Best VR Game as a category

Just search for "hentai" and nominate the first result. If 3/4 of us do it, that might actually be enough to outvote the VR community.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

FishMcCool posted:

Just search for "hentai" and nominate the first result. If 3/4 of us do it, that might actually be enough to outvote the VR community.

A classic goon rush, just like the old days.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's been 15 years since the start of the Rush...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I have over 70 games on my wishlist, but if you hide Early Access and unreleased im down to 3

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

It's been 15 years since the start of the Rush...

lol I forgot all about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhWmboM0zFc

Brooks Cracktackle

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Phlegmish posted:

StrixNebulosa posted:

Cyberpunk and Persona 5 are also really good, especially for the sale prices.

Cyberpunk was good before, but the 2.0 update addressed a lot of the complaints players had about it. They reworked the skill tree, improved the npc ai, and optimized it so that the city has much more traffic and NPCs roaming around, making it feel more lively. They also follow a basically day/night cycle in the sense that the city will become less or more populated depending on the time of day.

Persona 5 is your typical JRPG, with lots of text reading and a somewhat slow burn at the start (~2-3 hours to really get into story), but it's a fun story about you moving to a new city and school because you dared to stand up to a corporate rear end in a top hat and now considered a "delinquent"- with each chapter told in flashback while you're being interrogated. Combat is much faster than typical JRPG fare, with your common actions mapped to a single button, so your basic "hit enemy with weapon" is a single button press, with really the only menuing being going for items for spells. Even then, there is a weakness system in the game that you are encouraged to exploit, where if you hit an enemy with an attack type they're weak to, they lose their turn, with a "gently caress 'em up" ability available if all enemies are stunned. The animations are flashy, with the "gently caress 'em up" attack ending with a pose by the character who initiated the attack.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, I've been putting off getting Cyberpunk 2077 even though it should have been right up my alley, because everyone kept saying it was buggy as poo poo and the driving was ludicrously bad (not that I care all that much about driving in RPGs). Now that they've apparently addressed both of these issues, I'll very likely get it next time it's on sale.

e: which is right now, I'm bad at reading

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah, I've been putting off getting Cyberpunk 2077 even though it should have been right up my alley, because everyone kept saying it was buggy as poo poo and the driving was ludicrously bad (not that I care all that much about driving in RPGs). Now that they've apparently addressed both of these issues, I'll very likely get it next time it's on sale.

e: which is right now, I'm bad at reading

To be clear the driving is still really bad. It's manageable on kbm and I played my second playthru with that most of the time but having a controller nearby for driving isn't a bad idea at all. I think there's also a mod to have an accelerator modifier on kbm if you want to stick with that. I enjoyed 2077 a lot at launch but 2.0 made me really love the game overall, the characters and writing I overall really liked and the DLC is an improvement on just about everything in the base game too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sometimes I see Persona 5 and think about it's good music and visuals and how maybe I'd like it despite not being a JRPGer fan, but then I remember that one interview with the Persona writer where he explains his troubles with writing female characters come from the fact that he never had a female friend.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Protip if you do buy Cyberpunk, there's an option in the "Gamplay" settings for whether you have the game installed on an HDD or not. Turning the setting to "Off" will give you the greater NPC density. I don't remember what the setting is set to by default, but if you are on an HDD and experience data streaming issues, check this setting.

E:

Mr E posted:

To be clear the driving is still really bad. It's manageable on kbm and I played my second playthru with that most of the time but having a controller nearby for driving isn't a bad idea at all. I think there's also a mod to have an accelerator modifier on kbm if you want to stick with that. I enjoyed 2077 a lot at launch but 2.0 made me really love the game overall, the characters and writing I overall really liked and the DLC is an improvement on just about everything in the base game too.

Really? I had the opposite experience. I play it with KBM as well, and found the driving to be much, much better after the update. You'll still be doing the tap-tap-tap turning that you have to do with KBM, but the cars don't feel floaty like they did in 1.0. It really was the difference between me always running to a fast travel terminal in 1.0 to me actually being willing to drive to my next objective in 2.0.

Velocity Raptor fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 21, 2023

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

:smug:

I dunno why it's the only one that didn't pop up with recommendations, but I put in dwarf fort anyways

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Velocity Raptor posted:

Really? I had the opposite experience. I play it with KBM as well, and found the driving to be much, much better after the update. You'll still be doing the tap-tap-tap turning that you have to do with KBM, but the cars don't feel floaty like they did in 1.0. It really was the difference between me always running to a fast travel terminal in 1.0 to me actually being willing to drive to my next objective in 2.0.

I definitely think it's better and still mostly played only on kbm despite my complaints but I still found bikes to be much easier to play with than 99% of cars. There was one car (the caliburn) that actually felt like it could take a turn without fishtailing the entire time.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Anyone have thoughts on Jurassic World Evolution 2?

I didn't really like how jank and constrained the first game was when it came to building out your park and I hated the campaign with its various factions that were constantly squabbling over stupid poo poo.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I haven't played it, but from what I've been told it's just a better version of the first game without actually changing much. No real sandbox mode, feels like a mobile game where you just plop the next thing it wants you to plop, no real 'management' aspects, spend most of your time doing story missions that feel like they're intended to expand the Jurassic Park IP/film characters instead of offering interesting gameplay, etc.

If anyone knows otherwise though please tell us because an actual management/tycoon game about building a dino park would be cool :ohdear:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 21, 2023

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Casually checks wishlist now that the dust is settled and everything marked on sale is likely showing up since it's been two hours.

Oh, a single 75% off game and most of everything else doesn't have much of a discount even if it's been around for years? Guess I'll wait for Christmas. Bad Gaben :gaben:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I guess the Steam store's working fine for now, but isthereanydeal.com seems to be taking all the traffic damage.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jack Trades posted:

Ya same. Like, when I wish to be notified, I put it on the list (mnemonic)

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

God dammit Sekiro, I've waited this long for you to go below 50% off and I swear I'm not backing down now.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Isthereanydeal is getting absolutely hammered right now

How is Starship Troopers Extermination when playing with pubbies?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Steam Thread: Not Recommended (13,722 hrs at review time)

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

Isthereanydeal is getting absolutely hammered right now

How is Starship Troopers Extermination when playing with pubbies?

The community was pretty good when I was playing it a few months ago, though that could always go to poo poo.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Christ I only ever topped 1000 hours in one game and I hate myself for that. 13k? :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Eason the Fifth posted:

Christ I only ever topped 1000 hours in one game and I hate myself for that. 13k? :catstare:

I think that's accumulative for everyone who reviewed the game