Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
[thinking insanely hard] alan gape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

yep yep can't stop progress guy

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I've read that kiryu's super move in y8 basically unlocks him from the rpg system for a window of time and he gets to run around beating the crap out of enemies like normal. so folks get that

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Buck Wildman posted:

yep yep can't stop progress guy

Would that I could call it progress

Trading kiryus stoic frown for poochiebans vacuous simper

Or seeking comfort in the assless boomer takayuki

I can only call it misery

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm trying to wrap my head around the assless boomer thing but otherwise Ichiban is a good boy and a fun protagonist. I like how where kiryu has always worked hard to isolate himself Ichiban finds strength in his connection with the people around him. It's a very different theme and no less endearing imo

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

trying to flip a trailer over that's longer than the game's physics radius in snowrunner might be the most frustrating thing in a video game, i have not felt this much impotent rage in years

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the assless boomer thing but otherwise Ichiban is a good boy and a fun protagonist. I like how where kiryu has always worked hard to isolate himself Ichiban finds strength in his connection with the people around him. It's a very different theme and no less endearing imo

Ichiban is like 5 times the protagonist Kiryu is because I stopped giving a poo poo about Kiryu's stoic personality about 30 minutes into the game. With Ichiban there was a clear underdog story going on and he reacted like a human being to poo poo going on around him.

On another note, what's a good console game that isn't a Nintendo one and after the 16 bit era that people would recommend, I've run out of cool games for a few days.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

does fortnite have MF DOOM tho? when it does I'll play

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

steam autumn sale has started. I have carefully reviewed all games on sale and found that no good games are on sale. that is all

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The Steam Autism Sale

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im gonna get way back into monster hunter

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

as usual almost nothing on my wishlist is actually for sale because it's all weird niche stuff lol

like I don't have a million things to play anyway

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Buck Wildman posted:

as usual almost nothing on my wishlist is actually for sale because it's all weird niche stuff lol

like I don't have a million things to play anyway

AMID EVIL 1.5 and death trash has a sale but otherwise same. or anything else is already free* on GP

but yeah same. im booked up for the rest of the year

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
have completed approximately 0 games since the last sale so might skip this one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

AMID EVIL 1.5 and death trash has a sale but otherwise same. or anything else is already free* on GP

but yeah same. im booked up for the rest of the year

i bought death trash in ea because i really liked the guy's art, its a fun little combo of deus ex and Syndicate

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm still looking through posts and getting my info, but I had to post this because I'm laughing. This is also the keyart for the end of season event "The Big Bang"

Holy gently caress, fortnite is getting a ZANE_ROCKS_14 skin?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I suppose that's fair given you'd be doing all the work at this point

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

how did they pass up making it 69 cents smh

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

i bought death trash in ea because i really liked the guy's art, its a fun little combo of deus ex and Syndicate
good to know! yeah it looks cool, but I'm waiting for it to come out of early access (which its been for several years) before I play it. i feel like those types of games should only be played at 1.0+

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

ooh a foil card that's 72 cents god bless the weirdos who buy these things

In the beta, those dumb cards were selling for insane prices. I got like $20 from a foil don't starve card.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

alarumklok posted:

steam autumn sale has started. I have carefully reviewed all games on sale and found that no good games are on sale. that is all

snowrunner is on sale actually

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gonna give myself leeway to be a little interested in the new homeworld game now that i know gearbox is only publishing it

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

how did they pass up making it 69 cents smh

It is in euros

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

snowrunner is on sale actually

I might get the next season pass in that case idk

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Al! posted:

[thinking insanely hard] alan gape

alan wap

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Guess I could get Resident Evil 2 and then never get around to playing it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

genericnick posted:

that's the sprit

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I won't be buying any new games this holiday season

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Lords of the Fallen down to 40bux, acceptable

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I won't be buying any new games this holiday season

i kinda wanted to save up for a PS5 but the dog needed emergency care earlier this year and there went the savings

it's literally $500 just to walk into the door of the emergency vet care clinic now lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i kinda wanted to save up for a PS5 but the dog needed emergency care earlier this year and there went the savings

it's literally $500 just to walk into the door of the emergency vet care clinic now lol

Yeah vet stuff is expensive. A couple years ago it cost us $5k to find out we had to out down our dog.

I won't buy any new games due to having too many games that need to be finished. I will pick up the last dysmantle dlc, but that isn't a new game.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Lol, I just took my cats to the vet and the bill was $100 more than last year for absolutely no reason.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Lol my vet cut their hours to the point where I can't get an appointment without taking a day off of work and also they're booked solid 6 months out. the vet industry is collapsing and I'm gonna just chalk it up to private equity since that seems to be the reason why everything sucks now.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

genericnick posted:

oh hey, i did that a year ago

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

oh hey, i did that a year ago

And now it's ten bucks. Great savings!

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

while there is a task list, this is the first game to not track or rate completion - not even an achievement for it, which is refreshing even if I cleaned it up anyway. they finally established reasonable metrics for a lot of poo poo - no more playing a minigame 100 times or something similarly soul crushing, for the most part it's just do the full variety and about as many times played to achieve that. everything felt real tight and breezy and I hope that continues into y8. a real blessing after the slog that was Ishin

I don't know if it was because the shorter game length, but Object Destroyer was a huge pain in the rear end for me this game. I spent the entire first 30 hours of the game constantly running into bars to chrage my heat gauge and chain-smashing trashcans and bikes over peoples' heads which kind of sucked the fun out of combat for me.

I agree most of the stuff was better, but if I never had to play another game of Virtua Fighter or Shogi in my life I'd be happy. Shogi seems extra obnoxious because they give you an item to tell you the best next move, but you have to wait 30 seconds for it to churn out a move.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol Diablo IV is free on steam for a *week*

Perfect amount of time to play and burn out on it for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I don't know if it was because the shorter game length, but Object Destroyer was a huge pain in the rear end for me this game. I spent the entire first 30 hours of the game constantly running into bars to chrage my heat gauge and chain-smashing trashcans and bikes over peoples' heads which kind of sucked the fun out of combat for me.

I agree most of the stuff was better, but if I never had to play another game of Virtua Fighter or Shogi in my life I'd be happy. Shogi seems extra obnoxious because they give you an item to tell you the best next move, but you have to wait 30 seconds for it to churn out a move.

come close grasshopper, as I tell you a secret: start a fight near any convenience store, then ignore the goons and run inside. smash everything, every shelf, every rack, absolutely everything breakable because it all counts. each individual bottle on that shelf? they all count. smashing the store front windows? counts. if you totally clean the place out you'll get over 100 objects destroyed. move on to the next convenience store and repeat until finished