Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

thank you for that insight! my employer is an amoral shithead with more money than brains and he's a sneaky one too, so I don't want to be there, and I don't want to talk to anyone inspector. I know they will try to bend over backwards to obfuscate things and appease the inspector I just want to cause them trouble because they don't have enough of it.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
all my favorite fellow weed associates keep quitting. my dispo has never been so short staffed. the only ppl left are the dependable employees who just love weed but now we're being worked hard and put away wet :sweatdrop:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Areola Grande posted:

all my favorite fellow weed associates keep quitting. my dispo has never been so short staffed. the only ppl left are the dependable employees who just love weed but now we're being worked hard and put away wet :sweatdrop:

Increase wage??

Ass-penny

why don't you like your dependable coworkers lol

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

Buttchocks posted:

Increase wage??

there are rumors flying about a january 1st raise in hourly wages and MAYBE even health insurance!!! :pusheen:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

why don't you like your dependable coworkers lol

i AM the dependable coworker. singular.

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

i AM the dependable coworker. singular.

oh you used the royal we in that post and made it sound plural. congratulations on your one man weed stop tho

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Start rumors about dental and life insurance too.

PrincessDoom
I wish I could get a raise. Been two years since I was told I was going to get one. Never got it.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I have never had a job that gave employees any kind of meaningful raise so it sort of seems like a fairy tale, like affordable rent or functional health care

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Ass-penny

PrincessDoom posted:

I wish I could get a raise. Been two years since I was told I was going to get one. Never got it.

there's a zero percent chance I would still work for them in your spot. looking for jobs sucks but not as much as a place that won't even give you a pittance raise. if you don't see a raise equal to inflation you're really getting a pay cut. good luck getting paid what you're worth, I think it's something worth chasing.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
One of my old coworkers called the department of labor on my company. It worked out great for me, I finally got a salary and health insurance options and back pay for overtime.

Ass-penny

DaChurl posted:

One of my old coworkers called the department of labor on my company. It worked out great for me, I finally got a salary and health insurance options and back pay for overtime.

always narc on your boss. it is the one exception to our national no snitching policy

Escape From Noise

As stupid as it is this job really gets to me sometimes.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

I just got here and I'm so tired. on my way out Wumbus was sitting right in front of the door, I think she wanted me to stay home with her :cry:

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
Gotta sneak that kitty in to work for continuous snuggles to get you through the day

Ass-penny

I work with a lot of toxic materials and even if I didn't I know she would hate spending an hour and a half in the car each day just to spend more time with me :(

Escape From Noise

God in HEAVEN the restaurant manager cannot plan loving ANYTHING in advance no matter how straightforward and is always flummoxed that most of what I do pretty much requires at least some kind of prep or follow-up.

We have a beer we need to dump. The decision to do so was made on Wednesday evening last week. I immediately told the restaurant manager we needed to contact the tax office ASAP to figure out what paperwork and planning we might need to do. Tax office here can be strict and for the first couple beers you dump they sometimes require that at least one official from the tax office be present. It's a pain in the rear end but if you're aware and have time it can be worked out.

Restaurant manager says he'll contact the previous manager to ask how to take care of it. Instead of just contacting the tax office. Because he always has to do things in the most roundabout and inefficient way possible.

I follow up in the group chat a few times asking what's going on with the tax office. "I'll call them tomorrow." Every time. Then he asks when it needs to be done. Knowing that the tank needs to be cleared so I can make a second batch (like we discussed in the loving meeting) I say it should be taken care of as soon as possible.

Dude loving comes in today at noon and asks about dumping it today. Turns out they just want timestamped photos. No warning. Just dumping it won't take much time, but I need to then clean and sani the tank. CIP takes hot water. Fortunately, I realized I heated up the HLT yesterday when I cleaned kegs yesterday instead of today. Like I'd originally planned. But even then I had to get the boiler going, etc. Also had to break down things I had set up for kegging tomorrow so I'd have the right hoses and the pump. Just a bunch of last minute work that could have been done already if I'd been informed ahead of time. I asked about doing it next week but he's (you guessed it) too busy! Then he tells me it should be taken care of as soon as possible. poo poo could have been taken care of Monday or Tuesday if you had just contacted the loving tax office!

If this was just a once in a while kind of thing I'd be a little annoyed maybe but it's like this every time all of the goddamned time!

I wish they'd transfer this guy to another restaurant. He cannot handle regular restaurant management on its own. Add in taking care of beer and brewery stuff and it's just way beyond his grasp.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 16, 2023

Ass-penny

I'm almost as tired of making plaster molds as I am of driving across town to this lame rear end job

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i kinda like my morning hour drive but the evening one is wack, especially now with the time change. it's dark when I get home.
also, I don't give a poo poo about it being light earlier in the morning. gimme my time back!!!

Ass-penny

it wouldn't be so bad if we were moving but sitting in traffic is when I have a lot of my bad thoughts. and it will only get worse when the snow comes.

Ass-penny

real glad the five sevenths of my life I hate and dread are almost over :shepspends: I'ma buy a sandwich with my disposable income after I leave the plantation

xcheopis

Us: "Ok contractors, we really truly absolutely positively require you turn in your monthly data sets by the 15th, as reports to the federal government are now due and missing information will affect our funding, and therefore yours."
Certain Contractors: "The 15th?!? That sounds hard. Can we just do it next week?"
Me: I kill you filthy!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

xcheopis

A new phrase to hate!
"formatting issues prevent ingesting into database"

Escape From Noise

For some reason the restaurant supplier stopped carrying beer sugar so I asked the brewery supplier if they have any since I need it for a beer I'll be making later in December. Just a little thing called planning ahead. Brewery supplier emailed back after I left to let me know they had some in stock. The restaurant manager texted me to ask if he should order it. I said no because there are some other options I would like to look into and also I don't need it immediately. He then proceeds to ask me if he should order it like 5 more times. How many times do I need to say no?

Escape From Noise

I guess this is what happens when you work with someone who has no concept of planning and scheduling crossed with an inability to remember what happened 5 minutes ago. I told him I didn't need it until mid to late December but if I'm looking into ordering something now I must need it ASAP!

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

Us: "Ok contractors, we really truly absolutely positively require you turn in your monthly data sets by the 15th, as reports to the federal government are now due and missing information will affect our funding, and therefore yours."
Certain Contractors: "The 15th?!? That sounds hard. Can we just do it next week?"
Me: I kill you filthy!

Just call up uncle Sam and ask for an extension!

xcheopis

Escape From Noise posted:

I guess this is what happens when you work with someone who has no concept of planning and scheduling crossed with an inability to remember what happened 5 minutes ago. I told him I didn't need it until mid to late December but if I'm looking into ordering something now I must need it ASAP!

Can you just kill him and hide the body in the cooler or something? It's not like anyone goes in there to clean ha ha ha

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i could never be a funeral director because one of the prerequisites is you gotta be able to fit your head up your rear end.

Farecoal

There he go

xcheopis posted:

A new phrase to hate!
"formatting issues prevent ingesting into database"

I hate it when my productivity software gets into vore

Escape From Noise

Been needing a new light for the brewhouse boil kettle for a while now. I just asked about it and the company is basically refusing to buy a new LED bulb because it's "too expensive". It's loving 4k yen for a pack of 5. This way I'd also have spares. It's wild to me that I can go to the computer right now and order thousands of dollars worth of raw materials, but if I want to buy a twenty dollar piece of equipment they hem and haw over it FOREVER!

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Worst thing about going back to the office is that I have to sit next to the problematic people again. Instead of complaining about “woke” marvel the conversation is about house flipping now so maybe that’s an improvement?

I am a patient they.

Ass-penny

is your coworker for or against house flipping? if they look on that practice favorably :sever:

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

rear end-penny posted:

is your coworker for or against house flipping? if they look on that practice favorably :sever:

in your heart you know the answer already

Ass-penny

Sarah Cenia posted:

in your heart you know the answer already

rear end-penny posted:

the older I get the more I believe we live in hell so this checks out

cross posting from the dishwasher thread

Ass-penny

:same:

Ass-penny

we use crock pots to make an oil based clay into a liquid. the other day the shop manager saw me pouring the liquid into a mold and asked if I thought we'd need a new crockpot. I don't know if he's ever used one before, because while we're not cooking food I'm more or less using it exactly as intended :thunkin:

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

rear end-penny posted:

we use crock pots to make an oil based clay into a liquid. the other day the shop manager saw me pouring the liquid into a mold and asked if I thought we'd need a new crockpot. I don't know if he's ever used one before, because while we're not cooking food I'm more or less using it exactly as intended :thunkin:

have you tried an instant pot yet?
it sings you a little song when you move the lid!

Ass-penny

music is the devil's work and instant pots can sing me their pithy little songs in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go

rear end-penny posted:

music is the devil's work and instant pots can sing me their pithy little songs in hell

Puritan Postin'