Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

authoritarianism is when the common people exert pressure on those in power to abandon unpopular policies

democracy is when people keep their peasant mouths shut and do what I say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Gonna deflect all future accusations of ageism by saying I have a boomer friend (willa)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Huh.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

tell me "willa was right once again" when he manages to outlast everyone else.

also tell me how twitter was so much better when the "good" billionaire owner allowed the government to secretly disappear content, hired a bunch of spooks to help the secret project, and got millions of dollars in government money to backdoor the letter agencies into controlling it.

i didn't say any of that willa, you are being weird again

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
stop putting words in people's mouths

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i was also literally just describing threads business model, it wasn't a comment on whether one is morally better than the other

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

Gonna deflect all future accusations of ageism by saying I have a mummified president

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the new guy is also disappearing content at israel's request

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

did Zuck and Elon ever have that fight btw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

loquacius posted:

did Zuck and Elon ever have that fight btw

they kept injuring themselves during training rofl

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Al! posted:

they kept injuring themselves during training rofl

they should keep training imo

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

loquacius posted:

Fun fact: Pattie Boyd, George Harrison's ex-wife who divorced him and married Eric Clapton, was the inspiration for two pretty good songs (Something and Layla) and two horrible songs (Wonderful Tonight and Wild Honey Pie)

ok she wasn't the INSPIRATION for Wild Honey Pie, a song with basically no lyrics; it just only made it onto the album because she was present during the meeting about it and said she liked it so it's her fault

Wild Honey Pie rules. Not a single song on the White Album's first (or first and second if it's the LP version) is a weak link.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

uh oh the ob la di ob la da defender has logged on

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Yup. :colbert:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Al! posted:

Now is the winter of our disappearing content!

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

can I get some twin towers in the background

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Can you imagine the freakout this would have caused if it happened under Trump

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Wild Honey Pie rules. Not a single song on the White Album's first (or first and second if it's the LP version) is a weak link.

You could make a case for regular Honey Pie but the wild one is a cutting-room-floor escapee if ever I've heard one

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Eric "Please" Clapton

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Al! posted:

he said he would to placate advertisers after making a for-real anti-semitic comment but I'm still seeing pro-hamas tweets populating the majority of cspam's I/P thread posts so :shrug:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Eric "Please" Clapton

https://x.com/fuckinalpamare/status/929639636892307457?s=20

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Vim Fuego posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

:actually: that's not the whole sentence; the full quote is "now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this sun of York"

its meaning is the opposite of the typical usage and it has a bad pun in it

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

drat

put this on the cover of Time Magazine

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Nothus posted:

Can you imagine the freakout this would have caused if it happened under Trump

I remember it being a huge outrage when Trump signed all those "safe third country" agreements and also made it harder to get asylum if you entered the country without a visa. I think the Biden admin even let some of those agreements lapse right after he took office to much fanfare? And now it turns out Biden made it all worse. But he did it with Decorum, I guess. He didn't post about it on Twitter and bring attention to it.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/1727009028231016813?s=46

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

"focus on" this, "focus on" that, come on. that's the same bullshitting language I use when I'm trying to save face about why I'm behind at work

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

loquacius posted:

You could make a case for regular Honey Pie but the wild one is a cutting-room-floor escapee if ever I've heard one

I, a true sicko, would say that there are no bad tracks on that album, including Revolution 9.

"We're not going to govern by polls". :lol: Riiiiiight. In other words, you're going to continue not giving a poo poo what voters are screaming at you that they want done.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

loving lol, especially since Trump's economy was "great" up until COVID and all the credit they're claiming for is just COVID dying off. So have absolutely nothing to promote for their own administration beyond the waxing and waning of acts of god.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

" The doctors" look nice and Hamas seem to have eaten their spaghetti and meat balls!

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Scarabrae posted:

can I get some twin towers in the background

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

vote blue etc etc

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

" The doctors" look nice and Hamas seem to have eaten their spaghetti and meat balls!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/itslaylas/status/1727059850725872010?t=uBfJKTrmtG8esc7_9LfscQ&s=19

Turns out this guy was director of national security council under Obama. At the end he literally proudly says 4000 dead Palestinian kids isn't enough.

VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO! Hitler minus 1!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol for some reason i never heard the end of this where she says "yall love foreign bitches them ho's gonna get deported if trump is president" lmfao

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

sleep with the vicious posted:

https://twitter.com/itslaylas/status/1727059850725872010?t=uBfJKTrmtG8esc7_9LfscQ&s=19

Turns out this guy was director of national security council under Obama. At the end he literally proudly says 4000 dead Palestinian kids isn't enough.

VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO! Hitler minus 1!

"You support terrorists!"

:ironicat:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Barack Obama really was Hitler (2)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

That used to be the conventional wisdom, but I don't know if it is true anymore. there's a chance that the model has flipped: Dems win with low turn out, because the new democratic coalition of angry libs and worried conservatives are the core "always votes" demographics, while dems have given up on the poor, the young, etc. Republicans win with high turn out, as the maga people are traditional non-voters

i can see biden squeaking by with the presidency in a very low turn out presidential because biden's core "scared of trump" voters turn out while everyone else doesn't gaf

as of 2020 it was still the case, obviously. it will be interesting to see if the polity has shifted at all in the coming years. i am thinking 2024 will be lower turnout however. really boring redux at the top of the ticket and nothing interesting (to my knowledge) downballot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

That's my password!