Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's just one of those games that takes a while to get good I guess

(it's maplestory lmao)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sur le web
Oct 23, 2020

was mad that one couldn't nominate Darktide's soundtrack last year because bonking zombie heads to this was pure pleasure (you can now, though!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLic2xw48lU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

deep dish peat moss posted:

(it's maplestory lmao)

Like a lot of RPGs the first 13,000 hours aren't great but it gets better if you make it to the endgame.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't trust any review unless the reviewer has at least 29k hours played

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Like a lot of RPGs the first 13,000 hours aren't great but it gets better if you make it to the endgame.

Like most terrible games, it gets better once you finish playing.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If you worked the same job for 40 hours a week without missing a day for 14 years, you would have fewer hours than that positive review has.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I have a friend that kept insisting that for FFX over the course of 30 hours.

It never did.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
If your game sucks from the start I will simply play another game

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Lots of stuff in my wishlist on sale, yet I want none of them.
Maybe I'm too picky?

I looked through my 70 game wishlist and removed only one game. But bought 0 of the others even on 80% discounts.
I'm shorter on time than money and I have a few games I already bought that I wanna get around to playing.

The philosophy of "don't buy a game unless you're gonna immediately download it and boot it up" really helps to avoid the typical steam-itis where you buy 3 new games in the time it takes you to finish one and end up with a huge library of unplayed games.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

A steam comment from someone who seemed deeply mentally unwell led me to their profile page, where I saw they had 6,000 hours in hunt showdown despite seemingly having started playing less than a year ago. the only way that could have been realistically possible was if he just left the game idling 24/7 to accumulate hours. I assume a lot of extreme hour counts are similar especially once you get to the 5-digit range, although for an MMO I expect it’s more due to some kind of botting than idling.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Macichne Leainig posted:

If your game sucks from the start I will simply play another game

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Those reviews are for Maplestory so 10,000 hours is just how long you have to grind to gain a level

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The really depressing ones for me are the people who have like 15,000 hours in some dead multiplayer game. What if there's a game that's just perfect for you, but it was some Civil War FPS made in 2011 that nobody plays anymore. A terrifying thought.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

They already made the perfect game for me, Marvel Heroes, and it no longer exists or I would be one of those 15000 hour dumbasses.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

exquisite tea posted:

The really depressing ones for me are the people who have like 15,000 hours in some dead multiplayer game. What if there's a game that's just perfect for you, but it was some Civil War FPS made in 2011 that nobody plays anymore. A terrifying thought.

the real Civil War was the friends you made along the way

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
is 2011 too recent to have a proper dedicated server browser?
anything with one of those should be fine as long as you can organize your boomer game community to all log in at the same time on one day a week.
if it's one of the modern matchmaking-only GaaS games then you're poo poo outta luck though

Estel
May 4, 2010

sur le web posted:

was mad that one couldn't nominate Darktide's soundtrack last year because bonking zombie heads to this was pure pleasure (you can now, though!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olqaqM21Dro&t=6619s

Darktide's soundtrack is amazing.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Mr E posted:

They already made the perfect game for me, Marvel Heroes, and it no longer exists or I would be one of those 15000 hour dumbasses.

There's a Marvel Heroes private server now but things aren't fully implemented yet. Progress! :allears:

https://github.com/Crypto137/MHServerEmu

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 21, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have played what I consider an absolutely loving absurd amount of FFXIV and done almost everything in the game except the things I genuinely hate. That is a full-length MMORPG with 4 expansions. My time isn't 1/10th of those playtimes. I can not imagine spending that much time on any game.

Edit: And that includes a significant amount of time using FFXIV as a chat server with friends.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

There's a Marvel Heroes private server now but things aren't fully implemented yet. Progress! :allears:.

https://github.com/Crypto137/MHServerEmu

Oh no.

ImpAtom posted:

I have played what I consider an absolutely loving absurd amount of FFXIV and done almost everything in the game except the things I genuinely hate. That is a full-length MMORPG with 4 expansions. My time isn't 1/10th of those playtimes. I can not imagine spending that much time on any game.

Edit: And that includes a significant amount of time using FFXIV as a chat server with friends.

Yeah I have a ton of time in FFXIV and even more in WoW since Burnine Crusade (tho I play way less MMOs now) and I don't think I've actually made to that many hours in either still.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ok so 29,000 is kind of a weird number to grasp the concept of and yeah it's 3.3 years.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Mr E posted:

Amen brother.

I went cosmic with literally every character. Yes, even that one.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hmm, I need a good "Steam Deck showoff" game to get in this sale I think lol.

Basically, something that's sufficiently powerful enough that I couldn't have run it on a Switch or my laptop already. Also something that's not on PS5 (which would still be my preferred platform for new big releases) or on Gamepass which I'm subscribed to

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hmm, I need a good "Steam Deck showoff" game to get in this sale I think lol.

Basically, something that's sufficiently powerful enough that I couldn't have run it on a Switch or my laptop already. Also something that's not on PS5 (which would still be my preferred platform for new big releases) or on Gamepass which I'm subscribed to

Incredibly, Mechwarrior 5. With some mods(although avoid the added-terrain mods because they hit performance way harder than vanilla). You're dropping graphics settings, but that fucker works shockingly well for how much can be going on screen. Cap it at and aim for 40fps or 45 on the OLED and you'll go hog wild

Also American/Euro Truck Simulator

If you like dinosaurs, Jurassic World Evolution 1 or 2

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 21, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

(it's maplestory lmao)

Love that they put another 70 hours into the game after leaving the negative review :v:

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
They had to make sure.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

sur le web posted:

yep definitely got the nomination. Found Talos 2 has an amazing soundtrack but otherwise not much really stood out to me this year

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not even linking the right track smdh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1KMzSc5M4

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Having an issue where the "invite to game" option on the friend list just never shows up when I right-click on someone. I think this may have been going on for a while so I don't think it's a recent setting change. Anyone bump into anything like this?

Not quite the same but I had a buddy lose functionality in Right Click -> Join Game so they had to be invited to everything for a while. I think a reinstall of Steam fixed it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

God dammit Sekiro, I've waited this long for you to go below 50% off and I swear I'm not backing down now.

Double check who published it and weep.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Jedi Survivor still runs like butt on PC, correct?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

John Murdoch posted:

Double check who published it and weep.

:negative:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Orv posted:

Not even linking the right track smdh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1KMzSc5M4

They’re all the right track.

Though honestly Disposal Unit isn’t quite the same without the accompanying shield cracks, explosions, saw blades, and blood splortches.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Has the Starship Troopers game improved? On normal difficulty it was impossible to actually lose, friendly fire existed but it barely did any damage so it was pointless, and it took forever for a "hard" difficulty game to get started. Also there was like two maps.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It got progressively worse IMO :( They added weird mutators that weren't very fun to play and instead of making more content like maps they've been focused on a 4-player game mode that came out to zero fanfare last month and that no one really stuck around for. I think those are the only major updates they've released in 5 months.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So to whoever was asking about Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness earlier, I would have to agree that the character models look pretty bad.

It's weird because the artwork is good, and the environments are decent.

Other than that, so far it's been a fun, if rather generic, CRPG experience. The greed mechanic is interesting, and I wonder how it will impact the game world going forward. Once I've finished my playthrough, I'll probably write a full review for the 2-3 people who might conceivably be interested.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://store.steampowered.com/app/431520/Age_of_Fear_Total/

hmmm

quote:

YOU ASKED AND WE LISTENED! By popular demand, we've prepared Age of Fear: Total, a comprehensive series-spanning stand-alone bundle. This package includes not only all games in the series, but it will also be updated with any and all future releases and DLCs. This means a purchase today entitles you to everything coming down the Age of Fear pipeline once it arrives! (please note that the Day of The Rat campaign is being actively developed and not all content is available yet.)

30$ to own the entire series and all future stuff, hmmmmm

e: oh my god this trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqY20WKrOCA

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 22, 2023

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

It got progressively worse IMO :( They added weird mutators that weren't very fun to play and instead of making more content like maps they've been focused on a 4-player game mode that came out to zero fanfare last month and that no one really stuck around for. I think those are the only major updates they've released in 5 months.
Dodged a bullet on that one. Just wanted lots of gore and flying limbs before the hike and progress was all over the place.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

Attack on Princess posted:

But Cassette Beasts exists :confused:

The battle themes pick up vocals when you power up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP2-68Y0onM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6BDtASMLAI

Have you played The World Ends with You 1 or 2? Based on these two tracks, if you like this soundtrack, you will also extremely like those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYmUv66-y8U

Lakitu7 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
shut up, you're so wordy
forget about those worries
show me your smile, how charming
go home and kiss your mommy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DRtXLMt3Qo