Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

MASSACRE, at Lyons, i. 336; caused by jealousy, iii. 260
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine 99, when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fyodorovich posted:

Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine 99, when?

Actually surprised Puyo Puyo 99 hasn't happened yet.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Waffle! posted:

Sorry to derail the Super Mario RPG thread, but Kirby's Star Stacker on the SNES app is really fun!

so how exactly does it work? being in japanese doesn't help my dumb monolingual rear end

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Couple of games on my wishlist are on sale for the first time, just a heads-up: Case of the Golden Idol and the Baten Kaitos port(s).

Air Riders, rise up! :hai:

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

EightFlyingCars posted:

so how exactly does it work? being in japanese doesn't help my dumb monolingual rear end

I just button mashed and just played, ymmv

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Actually surprised Puyo Puyo 99 hasn't happened yet.

I feel like it’d translate to the format so well. Unironically wanna play that

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Warioware 99 needs to happen

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I would play the absolute poo poo out of a Warioware 99.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I would love to stop playing Vampire Survivors but I can't.

Why is that? Why can't I stop?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mdemone posted:

blue gem go bing

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

EightFlyingCars posted:

Blocks in a group of two fall from the top. There are two main kind of blocks. Animal Friend blocks and star blocks. Star blocks are filler but also points when you remove them. When animal friends of one type are next to each other they disappear. When they are linked by star blocks they disappear with the star blocks as well. Multiple matches in one drop creates a combo- the bigger the combo, the more stars kirby showers the game field with (not star blocks- while these stars can link animal friends and score points, they don't stay on the board), which in turn can create bigger and bigger combos.

The title screen attract mode tutorial does a demonstration of this.

Select Kirby at the menu to get to game modes. The modes are from left to right:

Endless
Round Clear (The goal is to collect a set score in each round. In the GB version a lot of these intentionally could be solved in a single well placed move, but I've no idea if it's the same in this)
Story (Versus, but single player)
2 Player Versus
Timed

Then the remaining options on the menu is how you create files I think? then the tutorial, then stats?

My favorite part playing the GB version as a kid was finishing all the Rounds in Round Clear. They get really fast, and eventually are only a couple moves away from game overs at any time.

Andorra fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 21, 2023

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

mdemone posted:

You can stop when vampire survivors 99 comes out, and then you can migrate there.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

Couple of games on my wishlist are on sale for the first time, just a heads-up: Case of the Golden Idol and the Baten Kaitos port(s).

Air Riders, rise up! :hai:

Careful the normal is glitched as heck and won't let you save the game requiring a full win and it's locked me out of the DLC. Good game if it weren't bugged.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I'm entirely unable to purchase anything from the eshop. This has been going on since Friday, it lets me go through with the purchase, tfa with my bank etc then I get an Error Code 2813-2470, saying I can't use this card.

I've tried 3 different cards plus PayPal (using PayPal gives a similar error but code 9001-1470)

I've tried on both the eShop directly on the console and on nintendo.com.

There's definitely funds available and it's the same card I've been using since 2017, last purchase I made was maybe a month ago. Have I been shadow banned? I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Beat Mario Party 3's story mode, and honestly surprised there never was a Bowser map, he just gets beat up by Daisy and Waluigi :allears:. The maps are mostly decent, save for Creepy Caverns which I disliked in the same way I do not like Mario Parry 4's boards at all; The default loop is way too small and you cant get anywhere interesting without a specific item or luck (The Mine Cart has to be already on your side to use it, the Thwomp King's item request is random, and the key door is on the opposing corner from the item store), Duel Maps were an interesting mode to try, but wore out their welcome a little by the end as they were pretty basic.

Also Waluigi's Island gets real interesting if you've made bank off of Shy Guy and you're now a turn away from having to go near the dynamite with 1 left on the counter... :suspense:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I made the mistake of getting Dead Cells, knowing full well how addicted to it I got on PC.

...but now I have it mobile with all the DLC. OH NO.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I got a NYXI Wizard and have two complaints: the "c-stick" is too far from the buttons and it is only good for some games and none of those are Mario RPG (use an 8bitdo sn30 for authenticity)

otherwise it's great. i made a separate smash profile just to use it there

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1727140599243911246
now we're cookin

https://i.imgur.com/fmMPTtc.mp4

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
fuckin finally, I’m shocked that wasn’t a debut offering

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
God please send me more RARE games on the NSO like Diddy Kong Racing this Holiday Season.

gently caress, God got me on a technicality. There's like a teeny-tiny bit of Diddy Kong Racing in Jet Force.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's vot like 3 kinds of racing in it iirc

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Japanese Switch app will be getting this on November 30th, alongside Goldeneye. I assume it'll land on the western app around that same time.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

God please send me more RARE games on the NSO like Diddy Kong Racing this Holiday Season.

gently caress, God got me on a technicality. There's like a teeny-tiny bit of Diddy Kong Racing in Jet Force.

That and Banjo-Tooie are my biggest wishes!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Oh yeah.... Oh gently caress yea!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They promised us 1080 in 2023 :(

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Time to play this meme game I absolutely loved in like 1999 and realize it's complete shite

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'd love to see Diddy Kong Racing and Perfect Dark on the NSO one day. :pray:

Getting more Rare games is always a good thing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Diddy Kong Racing would hold up

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I played the poo poo out of perfect dark

And the hovercraft battle mode of DKR

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

bowmore posted:

Diddy Kong Racing would hold up
Wizpig would still be bullshit, too.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd love to see Diddy Kong Racing and Perfect Dark on the NSO one day. :pray:

Getting more Rare games is always a good thing.

Coming next: Donkey Kong 64! I guess you could say the ol'...monkey's paw got you :q:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In Japan they are getting a separate 18+ app for just these two games

So honestly I think that opens up the possibility they could put stuff like Conker or Shadowman on

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hogama posted:

Wizpig would still be bullshit, too.
100%

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Space station Silicon Valley is all I still want

E: for 64. Timesplitters on switch is my number one dream now

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
why is jet set gemini 18+ in japan?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
If I were to guess, maybe because collecting enemy heads is a gameplay mechanic.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

gently caress. I let my online sub lapse and I wasnt in any rush to resub but I guess my hand is forced.

There historically hasn't been Black friday deals for NSO at least I don't remember there being, right?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I never understood what I had to do in JFG. But it was near until I ran out of ammo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Alacron posted:

If I were to guess, maybe because collecting enemy heads is a gameplay mechanic.
I think they actually removed that mechanic from the JP version. Decapitation and dismemberment became a massive no-no in Japanese media after the Kobe Child Murders in ‘97.

Goldeneye was also altered in Japan for similar reasons, removing the two knife weapons and replacing the “2x Hunting Knife” cheat with a new “Rocket launcher in one hand, sniper rifle in the other” cheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rugikiki posted:

E: for 64. Timesplitters on switch is my number one dream now

Same, friend.... Same.