Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Xzzy, are you talking about the fantastic Creator 3 in 1 sets (get the shark for the island !!!! Forest creatures and dinos to populate it!) , or the "Creative" bins that are small/medium/large/ocean fun/space mission/90 years of play/etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mostly the bins but the 3 in 1's are excellent part sources as well.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

You didn't see the muzzle?

Also it was the wing clipping a wall not the doggo

I am not sure if the muzzle is a good or bad indication of his dogs' obedience (that's a can of worms for another thread and the dogs actually look relatively well behaved in this short clip), but it looked like the first dog might have bumped his leg, which could have thrown his balance off causing the model to hit the wall.

Regardless, if I was moving a large expensive unwieldy object, I would definitely want to put my dog away. I consider my dog pretty well behaved but if I have a big new object in my hands he absolutely wants to jump up and explore sniff it.

xzzy posted:

Mostly the bins but the 3 in 1's are excellent part sources as well.
I wish the tubs had more 2x4 bricks. They have pretty good variety in basic colors but I don't think know if they are the best value for obtaining 2x4 bricks for building foundations.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Not Wolverine posted:

I am not sure if the muzzle is a good or bad indication of his dogs' obedience (that's a can of worms for another thread and the dogs actually look relatively well behaved in this short clip), but it looked like the first dog might have bumped his leg, which could have thrown his balance off causing the model to hit the wall.

Regardless, if I was moving a large expensive unwieldy object, I would definitely want to put my dog away. I consider my dog pretty well behaved but if I have a big new object in my hands he absolutely wants to jump up and explore sniff it.

I wish the tubs had more 2x4 bricks. They have pretty good variety in basic colors but I don't think know if they are the best value for obtaining 2x4 bricks for building foundations.

There's a big Classic set out right now that's just lots of bricks, though it's not all 2x4s. Someone's been making a lot of cool models from it on Rebrickable too:
https://rebrickable.com/sets/11030-1/lots-of-bricks/?inventory=1#alt_builds

Edit: Space Mission was a ton of fun too! Currently staring at Creative Fantasy Universe and don't really recommend it, it has too many colors (so there's not a lot of any color), and it has a serious, crippling lack of 1x2 plates, 1x4 plates, and 1x1 bricks. Weird part assortment in general. I'm gonna get at least one nice model out of it but I dunno after that.

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 21, 2023

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Needs a can of beefareeno.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Needs a can of beefareeno.

Could definitely make it happen with the Seinfeld set

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
this rumor is good

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Sunk Dunk posted:

this rumor is good

Someone get started on custom Marlboro stickers please

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
205 T16 with Timo Salonen minifig when

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Is knock off talk allowed in here and if so how specific? Could I ask how to find a specific set?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

KingKapalone posted:

Is knock off talk allowed in here and if so how specific? Could I ask how to find a specific set?

go for it

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Sunk Dunk posted:

this rumor is good

If this is fake I’m gonna be so mad.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Was looking at the Rivendell set from Marstoy. I haven't bought a knock off before and curious if anyone has this set from somewhere or have used Marstoy before.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I've bought minifigs from them three or four times, but never a set. The quality is exactly what you'd expect; if you go into it knowing you're getting essentially bootlegs, they're pretty good for what they are IMO. There's three or four of their bootlegs in this display on my shelf, and I think that unless you know the Lego line pretty well, you'd be hard-pressed to identify which ones they were.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

KingKapalone posted:

Was looking at the Rivendell set from Marstoy. I haven't bought a knock off before and curious if anyone has this set from somewhere or have used Marstoy before.

That one is a bit unique, and also be aware their shipping costs have just spiked. You might be better off at Hitian, yourwobb, or one of the others recommended on r/lepin.

I actually did order that set from marstoy for a friend who hasn't built it yet. Theres a few versions of it from different manufacturers, and none are the "right" ones - the minifigs are all based on the old molds.

The one you specifically want is 66590. There's also some other LOTR/Hobbit minifigs to grab if you want those

I've ordered a half dozen times from marstoy and once from yourwobb/joytoyworld (same owner). Marstoy has a really weird payment system, PM me if you get concerned. When I ordered it shipped to central USA in August it was 110 or so after shipping, but expect it to be more.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 22, 2023

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Edit double post

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

trevorreznik posted:

That one is a bit unique, and also be aware their shipping costs have just spiked. You might be better off at Hitian, yourwobb, or one of the others recommended on r/lepin.

I actually did order that set from marstoy for a friend who hasn't built it yet. Theres a few versions of it from different manufacturers, and none are the "right" ones - the minority are all based on the old molds.

The one you specifically want is 66590. There's also some other LOTR/Hobbit minifigs to grab if you want those

I've ordered a half dozen times from marstoy and once from yourwobb. Marstoy has a really weird payment system, PM me if you get concerned

Marstoy now recommends the 87055 and has that in stock. I see different opinions between that and 66590 on reddit. Sounds like the 66590 is the 3rd revision, but that it has minifig problems like elf ears being the same color as the hair.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Good grief, thanks for the correction. This is the first clone set I've seen with all these issues from the different manufacturers

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Do Lego Stores usually open up early on Black Friday?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

trevorreznik posted:

Good grief, thanks for the correction. This is the first clone set I've seen with all these issues from the different manufacturers

Well like I said, I'm seeing different opinions on reddit. The newer 66590 might have better build quality but the minifigs aren't the best, but neither are the 87055 ones.

I'm looking on AliExpress now and I can find some, but they don't seem to list which version they are selling. Is that the norm?

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Picked up another optimus prime today for 116aud with my staff discount in the black Friday sales. Bought it originally on release for 250aud, but it being so cheap figured I'd get one for my brother who's a huge transformers fan for his bday.

Also built the speed champs lambo countach yesterday. Haven't built much lego lately, so seeing the techniques used for tail and front end was really cool. It's actually crazy to me the way they design this stuff nowadays.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That is usually going to depend on location. If they are in a mall that opens at 7am, then they will probably follow suit.

Torbo
Jun 12, 2007
Today was a very good lego day for me! I stumbled upon my white whale, the Downtown Diner on craigslist today. The seller had a lot of sets including a disney castle and the diner and were looking for 150 for them, and right in my neighborhood. So long story short i ended up with the diner with instructions for $45! I had just missed it when i emerged from my dark ages, and i just dont think i could have justified paying the 300 that its going for these days, so i was kind of resigned to not having it. So im pretty stoked. Also my vip weekend order came in, Himeji castle, the Alpine lodge and the city advent calendar. I see these sorts of good things happen to other folks, never thought it could happen to me! Cant wait to take it apart so i can build it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$45 for a modular? My man!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Austin store will be opening at 6am.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I *think* the Chicago one will be open tonight because it's in woodfield mall

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Will it be possible to claim the "Choose your discount - $60 off the landspeeder" again? It is shown as sold out to me on the insiders page.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fritzler posted:

Will it be possible to claim the "Choose your discount - $60 off the landspeeder" again? It is shown as sold out to me on the insiders page.

That they’ve ’sold out’ of an online digital discount is wild.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The reason the discounts 'sell out' is that there are less codes for the discount than there is stock in the warehouse. So you can't get a code and then not be able to redeem it because the set sold out.

I mean, they should probably just put those sets on sale without needing the code, but whatever, I just answer the phones. Not my call.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The_Doctor posted:

That they’ve ’sold out’ of an online digital discount is wild.

They've decided how much they are willing to lose with the deal and that's how many discount codes they make.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

By the time I heard about the discount, it was already “sold out” so I never even got to see how much Ninjago City Gardens would have been:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Who’s staying up longer than they want after eating too much food to buy avengers tower over their better judgment! Woo!

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

Dogen posted:

Who’s staying up longer than they want after eating too much food to buy avengers tower over their better judgment! Woo!

I’m using $200 in points (ie all I have) to get a discount on that set. Which I’m thankful for because I just had a $675 vet visit for my cat.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Cherokee Jack posted:

I’m using $200 in points (ie all I have) to get a discount on that set. Which I’m thankful for because I just had a $675 vet visit for my cat.

lego should let you use your points on veterinary vists

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Borsche69 posted:

lego should let you use your points on veterinary vists

Carbs should just send over some reanimator goo

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

lol, is the Avengers Tower page a 404 for anyone else?

e: I said it and they activated the page. I spoke it into existence, you're welcome.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I’m in a queue. I finally beat the matching game so I feel that should bump me to the front

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Snagged the 25% off of Lion Knight's Castle + $50 insider point discount. I'm super stoked to build this one.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

BaconCopter posted:

$50 insider point discount.

Where is this? I only got the option to get 3 $5 coupons at 75% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Avenger tower order in. Also redeemed some points for the Walkman.