Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Alan wake 2: Finnish nightmare complete.

Would return to Finland again.

(The soundtrack was awesome)

Overall excellent experience but okayish gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Is there a Steam bug or can publishers do some weird price fuckery? When I looked at my Wishlist, it showed some stuff on big sale but then clicking the link the game is actually not on sale

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Xaris posted:

Is there a Steam bug or can publishers do some weird price fuckery? When I looked at my Wishlist, it showed some stuff on big sale but then clicking the link the game is actually not on sale

that happens quite frequently for me. theres some way of clearing your cache. its because steam's storefront is just a lovely web browser

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i did it, i built a new pc.

after installing windows i was at a loss for what to do, ive completely forgotten what it's like to have a fresh copy of windows

i also am a complete newbie when it comes to amd cpu/gpu drivers, everything with intel and nvidia just worked but ive heard things are different with amd

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Retromancer posted:

Why would you play other SRPGs when XCOM 2 exists?

battle brothers

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Xaris posted:

The talos one is from a pack with the first game. Id buy that one because it seems like a pricing error that they'll have fixed by tomorrow

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dreylad posted:

after installing windows i was at a loss for what to do, ive completely forgotten what it's like to have a fresh copy of windows

i also am a complete newbie when it comes to amd cpu/gpu drivers, everything with intel and nvidia just worked but ive heard things are different with amd

install everything by voidtools (best computer search engine, not even close)

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

drat Remnant 2 is on sale, I might gently caress with that after I'm done with my current back log

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Dreylad posted:

me too, although my old satanic red 6700xt is gonna look real weird in my new grown up noctua rig

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Xaris posted:

sir, your fonts are hosed

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Bro Dad posted:

me too, although my old satanic red 6700xt is gonna look real weird in my new grown up noctua rig

yeah i have a hodgepodge of components because of sales so ive got my CPU cooler and GPU vomiting rainbows with a bunch of dark components (but a white case so it sort of looks okay)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

u gonna let him talk that way about ur wife?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Dreylad posted:

Congrats

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Dreylad posted:

i like hwinfo64 https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ to make sure nothing fucky is going on. installer or portable are both fine

there's a bunch of stuff i do to windows to make it behave, namely turning off windows update driver downloads. they have a tendency to incorrectly download and install gpu etc drivers over whatever you have. or along side them. either way it fucks things up.

not much to note for amd drivers. you'll want to go searching around for your specific cpu and gpu and see if the current drivers have issues or if there's a most recent version that you'll want instead. the amd chipset drivers usually aren't necessary but can improve performance. you'll also want to just search around for that. sometimes windows will actually grab the correct chipset drivers, but usually not.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cuttlefush posted:

sir, your fonts are hosed
blame steam i guess

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Xaris posted:

blame steam i guess

yeah the wishlist font just looks kinda hosed i guess

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

steam is chrome right? chromes font rendering has been hosed from day 1

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

went and grabbed the definitive edition of sleeping dogs and it came in at a cool 16gb god drat i wish games would go back to being under 60 gigs

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Some of the event Map was found.

https://twitter.com/notkrae/status/1727084160064553115?t=-Y7W2z_kOZmjc0rJowmvcw&s=19

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Al! posted:

went and grabbed the definitive edition of sleeping dogs and it came in at a cool 16gb god drat i wish games would go back to being under 60 gigs

The GTA clone that's better than any GTA game

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

AnimeIsTrash posted:

is the new fire emblem game any good, or it more waifu simulator stuff?

it sounds like it has the best gameplay in the series but an insanely dumb plot and awful character designs so if you liked fates it'd be an easy recommend

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lmao someone actually made this

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2348100/YEAH_YOU_WANT_THOSE_GAMES_RIGHT_SO_HERE_YOU_GO_NOW_LETS_SEE_YOU_CLEAR_THEM/

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

same dev as the katamari and klonoa remasters, weirdly

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Al! posted:

it's loving goated but never had a chance against gta. didn't even have a plane or helicopter.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Divinity Original Sin 2 good for the steam deck?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Yagami gets criticized for not being much of a character (I think he's fine but agree he's just a typical hero guy), but both Judgments have quality storylines. I loved Yak 0 and to a lesser extent Yak 2 but there's a fair bit of padding, needless plot complication and lame melodrama. J and LJ trimmed the fat and tell better stories. I like that they're still firmly in the Yakuzaverse but consciously avoid its distinct heightened style, which isn't a criticism of Yakuza but it's just good that the developers didn't feel tethered to it and keep trying new things.

snoremac has issued a correction as of 02:32 on Nov 22, 2023

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i finally started up TLOU, i kinda knew what the intro was like but it was still completely loving gutting and visceral

kinda sad i haven't had a console since PS3 if there's interesting poo poo like this slipping out

welp, time to press on :hai:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's on PS4 and ps5 now they've rereleased it twice lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

hadji murad posted:

Divinity Original Sin 2 good for the steam deck?

i know people liked the controller support for it. assuming it runs fine on steam deck, probably

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Grapplejack posted:

It's on PS4 and ps5 now they've rereleased it twice lol

it's on the tee vee too, they keep lasting us but they still going

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Xaris posted:

I honestly dont remember having an issue with seeds in the game. I had a pretty long vertical farm and always had way more that I could plant? the seed guy was right next to your base iirc.

thats also just how most of these games go is there's always multiple things you could be doing, but there's also no real true time crunch so you can just do whatever you feel like at your leisure

but anyways, give Sandrock a whirl. its good, better than Pacha imo

I've been trying to save up contribution but I should probably just spend it to buy the seeds tbh.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

smarxist posted:

i finally started up TLOU, i kinda knew what the intro was like but it was still completely loving gutting and visceral

kinda sad i haven't had a console since PS3 if there's interesting poo poo like this slipping out

welp, time to press on :hai:

tlou is extremely good

2 has good shooting mechanics but weaker otherwise

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I'm running out of stuff to do in this satisfactory game. Don't really want to do factorio or dyson sphere again right now. Is it time for workers and resources? Is this what's next for me?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ok I beat Raphael.

Took a few tries, because the first couple turns where you're getting swarmed by adds are key and you have to make sure you have the right strategy. Did everything I could to prepare, and have a foolproof recipe.

1) kill Hope's guards before stealing the Hammer, long rest, then come back and steal the Hammer
2) Give Gale a staff with Arcane Battery so he can disintegrate two pillars
3) Give Lae'zel the Hammer so she can casually knock down the other two
4) on turn 1, Black Hole everything, then have Lae'zel use Menacing Strike on as many dudes as she can, then give Gale a turn to AoE them before he goes on pillar duty.
5) Do not use Shadowheart to attack. Ever. Basically every way she has to deal damage does Radiant damage, and everything in that room will punish you for dealing Radiant damage. It's not like you have any shortage of healing to do.
6) Savescum to get the Orthon on your side. He doesn't make much difference but I loving hate his invisibility shtick and would rather not have to deal with it.
7) Save Counterspells for Raphael.

After that, it was just hammering away at Raphael's HP mountain until he finally fell down. Fun dungeon, fun boss, cool concept for his battle theme, but I got tired of it after my fourth or fifth time loading a save. :v:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I am beginning to suspect that Minthara just doesn't have a sex scene other than the one at the goblin camp lol

She doesn't have a sidequest other than the one where you recruit her after all.

All that's left is Cazador and then endgame. I might not even be fighting Gortash this time??? (lol he'll almost definitely betray me)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
cant decide what game to play...

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

FirstnameLastname posted:

run that snow

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lot of performance issues with coral island on the Xbox. slow loading textures, controls are sluggish, sometimes the game just changes what you have equipped on its own.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FirstnameLastname posted:

alan wake 2 or my time at sandrock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

oh man the movement in coral island sucks. there’s no walking, only running and you have to move the stick all the way to the outer edge to move at all
e: ok there’s a walk but it’s a toggle. just put that poo poo on the stick come on