Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Elviscat posted:

And a DDS full of SEALs.

Who are combat ineffective because they are busy outlining the next chapter of their book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Cape Orlando is activating to go USWC to the Eastern Med so

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

$2 billion to make the sneakiest boat, which turns out to be purely for the flex move of telling everyone where it is.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Orthanc6 posted:

$2 billion to make the sneakiest boat, which turns out to be purely for the flex move of telling everyone where it is.

It's so sneaky that you have to tell people it's there so that it can act as a deterrent.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

We used to do dumb poo poo like covering our unit patches and poo poo when we'd pull into foreign ports, they'd also tell us not to tell our families where we were and poo poo.

Then 6th fleet would release a public statement like "USS VIRGINIA PULLS INTO HAAKONSVERN NORWAY" the day we pulled in, lol.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Gotta warn the locals in Bergen about all the thirsty and horny sailors that just arrived, you know :haw:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I wonder if thats my old boat

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

Wibla posted:

Gotta warn the locals in Bergen about all the thirsty and horny sailors that just arrived, you know :haw:

Given my experience with Bergenfolk I’d sooner warn the sailors.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

That's fair :v:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I always enjoyed the liberty briefs for Bergen, a city lost to corruption, the "law" being enforced by roving bands of the Sons of Odin biker gang, ready to run down any person they identify as American, drugs freely available in every public park, bands of prostitutes waiting by the fountain outside the Radisson Blue, waiting to steal sailors' money, and moreover, their innocence.

I went to that fountain every night and not ONCE did I encounter a prostitute, no matter how hard I tried.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Easier to go to the student pub and just be American...

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
MSC is offering 190k with a 34k starting bonus to 3rd engineers out of school. The small print shows they expect 10 months for that 190k and have some absurd 4/1 or something nominal rotation, when in reality you're looking at around 10 months for a relief. In reality, breaking that 190k down its pretty trash comparatively and thats before you have to get into the amount of toxicity and mental health problems you're going to run into at sea over 10 months. Even worse, the pay for senior officers isn't much better so there's really no point in moving up. Breaking that 190k down into monthly pay, its actually a 20% pay cut from when I graduated 18 years ago.

My unions job board last month was this

And almost all those jobs are grey hulls except 2. I always figured if something happened people would show up but its bad enough that our competitor union is playing nice with us cause they are in worse shape and can't fill jobs.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/WarshipCam/status/1722038589628858490?t=5mY9HFSqljIF_e2mTl1frA&s=19

The Navy really needs a new hull for the Burkes

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jesus that thing looks like it will capsize in a moderate sea state

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
A return to the age of sail, albeit unintentional.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

orange juche posted:

Jesus that thing looks like it will capsize in a moderate sea state

until you realize its only a tiny portion of the superstructure that actually juts out. I'm sure its slightly worse than before, but I doubt its that bad.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

The classic muffin-top hull form, its an elegant shape built to mirror the physical appearance of the fleet khakis.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
It looks so cute with those big ol cheeks

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jimmy4400nav posted:

The classic muffin-top hull form, its an elegant shape built to mirror the physical appearance of the fleet khakis.

While there is already a USS Chief, surely there are enough highly decorated CPOs to name a new class.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

lightpole posted:

It looks so cute with those big ol cheeks

It ate too much and didn't PT enough in drydock, happens to the best of us.

It can go hunt my favorite warship class that looks like it needs to go on a diet.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
The SLQ-32 was a giant piece of poo poo when I trained on it. Glad to know it's up to v7 giant piece of poo poo

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Proper Kerni ng posted:

That's not an Arleigh Burke, it's a Burly Ark

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Haze Gray and skipping leg day.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/andrewpdyer/status/1722707454302323195

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REU7-64-vCM

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
im going to die of irony poisoning if it turns out that waiting in line at the armory to draw weapons at FMT-B West gave me PTSD. hahahahahahha

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

https://terminallance.com/2016/08/09/terminal-lance-432-triggered/

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
LMFAO they just killed HYT.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Wont be long before they get rid of fitness standards. Back in my day the navy didn't keep around useless fucks that couldn't advance... but we were a wartime military.

-EM2(N) Fuckface (SS) or whatever I was told to have in my email signature. gently caress the navy

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Return to (Royal Navy) tradition, bring back Press Gangs

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

lol I want to mobilize for 2025. Hopefully there will juicy orders because they can’t find anyone else.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Crab Dad posted:

lol I want to mobilize for 2025. Hopefully there will juicy orders because they can’t find anyone else.

Future Navy Reserve Force Master Chief Crab Dad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Future Navy Reserve Force Master Chief Crab Dad.

y'all vastly overestimate my ambitions and goals. "Don't make thinks worse" is all i strive for.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Crab Dad posted:

y'all vastly overestimate my ambitions and goals. "Don't make thinks worse" is all i strive for.

And yet you enlisted.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

And kept NavFit98 alive.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

And kept NavFit98 alive.

It'll make it to 30 years.

Easy.

CWT2 was at like 191% advancement opportunity... Somehow

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/NavalInstitute/status/1726788293675606253?t=hy4ivXoxjsx-undIfjN03A&s=19

MPAs can become submarines once to get them

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

To fight the sub, one must think like the sub!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Crab Dad posted:

Didn't you speedrun to E-7?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Jimmy4400nav posted:

To fight the sub, one must sink like the sub!

It's not the worst strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
HYT dead and can't get enough bodies yet UT3 in the Seabees was 13%, UT2 8% and they made one UT1 on AD. lol lmao disband the NCF