Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
may everyone in the idk pk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
This temporary ceasefire and hostage exchange was only possible due to Hamas' ability to successfully fight back against the occupiers. I hope they continue to be successful.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Israel is already starting to lay the groundwork for an admission of failure in their war.

=============================

The advisor to the Israeli Prime Minister said that Israel is ready to extend the humanitarian truce in Gaza to get more of its citizens out.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%87%D9%8A%D8%AF

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
may no one in the idf be dtf

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
They're going to turn the ceasefire into a stabbed in the back myth and blame Netanyahu for failing to complete the genocide while doing everything they can to get the gently caress out of Gaza.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Al-Saqr posted:

wow what a surprise lich king nazi joe biden was after the gas after all

https://x.com/haaretzcom/status/1726808905131401549?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

lol maybe focus on not losing first you loving nazis

genocidin for biden's oil profits

actually lol biden is prob too senile to even know to invest

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Al-Saqr posted:

Ben Gevir is making GBS threads his pants and malding over the truce

=======

"Extremist Israeli Minister Ben Gvir:

Hamas got everything it wanted:
She wanted to “get rid” of women and children in the first stage, because they caused international pressure on her.
- She wanted fuel
She wanted to release the terrorists.
- She wanted to suspend IDF operations.
- Even ban air attacks.

It got it."

https://x.com/elmogahed02/status/1727252159413064074?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Gotta agree with Benny G on this one

Stunning defeat for idf

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Egg Moron posted:

Stunning defeat for idf

good for benny g respecting Hamas' she/it pronouns

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Egg Moron posted:

Stunning defeat for idf

Yeah.

To be honest I'm still in shock.

Hezbollah beat the idf to a standstill in 2006.

But Hamas with some support from hezbollah and the houthis actually beat and defeated the IDF at full power.

Jesus Christ we're in a new world, the world has been changed forever.

Israel was defeated in a set piece full scale war, and out of all the people who did it, it was Hamas.

Israels two biggest assets, their air force has been rendered useless and their armor has been vaporized with a double-barrelled rocket launcher.

If the ceasefire holds, it's an unbelievable victory for humanity as a whole.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 13:30 on Nov 22, 2023

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

still sucks for the enormous damage the IDF caused to houses, hospitals, general infrastructure and lives. Like, enormous respect for the military capabilities, but I'm not sure how Gaza can be restored.

Especially bc Israel's more than capable of restarting the siege at any time.
Maybe it's better not to think ahead for than one day at a time, atm

still kinda reeling from the relief that the ceasefire includes "hundreds of trucks" of supplies.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Can't wait for next year when Hamas commandos, against all odds, successfully blackbag Israel's entire leadership so they can face charges in the Hague.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Can't wait for next year when Hamas commandos, against all odds, successfully blackbag Israel's entire leadership so they can face charges in the Hague.

Israel’s current leadership would sooner detonate a nuke directly beneath the dome of the rock than be taken at that stage

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Are there any numbers out there at all regarding what sort of losses hamas have taken?

The civilian and infrastructure losses seem to be pretty horrific, so it seems a bit much to call this a victory. A pyrrhic victory maybe :shrug:

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

They don't need to be, they have a machine for that now remember?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

double nine posted:

still sucks for the enormous damage the IDF caused to houses, hospitals, general infrastructure and lives. Like, enormous respect for the military capabilities, but I'm not sure how Gaza can be restored.

the only way to restore it is to restore Palestine

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i am judging by military and political and even repuationally, obviously the nazi level destruction israel has caused was a nightmare and clearly we can see that they cam try to gently caress things over at any moment.

but when we judge this by the military, political and reputational goals, which is the thing that will last longer than the destruction (see vietnam where america killed millions but the north cane out on top), Hamas came out on top, they prevented israel from all their goals and succeeded in attaining many of theirs. with thr added bonus of reminding a whole new generationnof arabs why israel has to be destroyed and also the israelis have made themselves look like the single worst criminals of the 21st century.

ill make a mega post later when my thoughts have clarified on this.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 13:50 on Nov 22, 2023

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

while a lasting ceasefire would be a major victory for hamas, where do they go from there? i imagine they can’t just return to the status quo with gaza as a concentration camp being slowly strangled to death by israel while lobbing the occasional rocket in their direction?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Comrade Koba posted:

while a lasting ceasefire would be a major victory for hamas, where do they go from there? i imagine they can’t just return to the status quo with gaza as a concentration camp being slowly strangled to death by israel while lobbing the occasional rocket in their direction?

this is the thing that might make the difference in my book as to wether Hamas won the war instead of the battle.

hamas has successfully undermined normalization, i think at this point its very likely no further arab countries of note will make a peace accord with israel unless a palestinian state on 1967 happens. the question that still needs to be resolved is will gaza have their siege finally lifted by egypt and the other states? to be honest i dont know, arab dictators are really stubborn about their stupidity, but Hamas beating israel bought it so much capital and arab governments are under so much pressure from people who have been completelty crack-pinged about the horrors theyve seen to save gaza it might just do the trick.

lets see.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

apparently this tiny truce doesnt include hezbollah or the west bank or anywhere else

the three insane far-right dudes were re-assured the war would continue by hitler 2

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

yeah it's really tempting to *hope* that everything will work out but the israelis still seem to wish for more war.

it makes a certain kind of sense, given the rot in that fascist society

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

double nine posted:

yeah it's really tempting to *hope* that everything will work out but the israelis still seem to wish for more war.

I agree with your sentiment, lets see what happens.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

HallelujahLee posted:

apparently this tiny truce doesnt include hezbollah or the west bank or anywhere else

the three insane far-right dudes were re-assured the war would continue by hitler 2

If they're still attacking the West Bank during this that's loving grotesque. Shouldn't be surprising, though, from the nazi regime of Israel nor its fascist enabler Genocide Joe.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

also hamas wanted a comprehensive hostage deal that would of released all of them for an actual longer ceasefire

the us/israel refused

genocide joe was not worried about genocide but pr

And there was some concern in the administration about an unintended consequence of the pause: that it would allow journalists broader access to Gaza and the opportunity to further illuminate the devastation there and turn public opinion on Israel.
Israel is unlikely to ramp down its military operation in Gaza when the temporary pause ends, experts say. Israeli officials have vowed to continue the offensive until it destroys Hamas, arguing in some cases that the campaign from the enclave’s north to the south helped the hostage negotiations by making a halt more attractive.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

aBagorn posted:

good for benny g respecting Hamas' she/it pronouns

As opposed to Israel, which is just sheeeeeeiiiit

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

i say swears online posted:

is israel even recruiting international brigades?? I haven't heard anything about that at all beyond birthright IDF pressuring and it doesn't really make sense from the perspective of furthering the ethnostate project.

i say swears online posted:

so I can enlist in the IDF without wanting to become a citizen or convert? that doesn't sound right

Israel did recently (a week or two ago) pass a law that any foreigner that dies serving the IDF would gey Israeli citizenship automatically.

Not the family, mind you, just the dead person; but hey, they can call the Nut Busters in time, and then posthumously have an Israeli child.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

AnsarAllah ftw

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
sadly, Israel gonna Israel and no peace for the Palestinians yet

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Blarghalt posted:

Paratroopers have probably the worst casualty rate of any kind of unit that isn't a literal human wave penal battalion, and even that's debatable. And that's if they're successful. Russia had paratroopers at the start of Ukraine. They're just plain gone now.

i can only think of two successful paradrops in history, that one fort the germans captured with gliders during the invasion of the Netherlands in WW2, and 10/7

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The depraved Israelis!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Have they managed any more signal intrusions on Israeli broadcasts? those were cool

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Free Nafouth

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

double nine posted:

it makes a certain kind of sense, given the rot in that fascist society

That's because everybody has correctly recognized that a withdrawal from Gaza and failure to completely root out Hamas will be a loss. After everything, after all the talk about this being a new era, about what will happen "the day after", there is simply no way that Israel can sheepishly return to the status quo and claim it was a victory because we "greatly weakened Hamas" or whatever. This isn't 2009, 2012, 2014, or 2021. This is different. It's total victory or bust.

And it's not just "technically" a victory for Palestine. There are some genuine achievements here beyond just humiliating and repelling the IDF. Normalization of relations between Israel and Arab/Muslim countries has been brought to a screeching halt. The Israelis who were evacuated from the Gaza Envelope are absolutely not coming back for a long time if Hamas is still there. Once the initial hostage exchange is made, there's gonna be some enormous pressure on Netanyahu to continue trading until the last hostage is back, at which point the Israeli government and the IDF will receive an additional humiliation as they're forced to acknowledge how many hostages died during the war. Spinning it as "Hamas killed them all" will be a lot more akward if people learn of their deaths not because soldiers find their corpse, but because Hamas says "we've run out of hostages to trade, you accidentally killed the rest of them."

That's why they want more war. Otherwise, this has unquestionably been a total loss for Israel, from start to finish, with geniuenly long term consequences. It's either victory or the hostages, Israel can't have them both.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 15:37 on Nov 22, 2023

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

made a meme to celebrate thanksgiving hope you like it:-

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Does the ceasefire apply to Hezbollah as well? Because the fighting in the north was getting pretty wild and Israel's retreat from the border there is a pretty big deal, I think, for them.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

made a meme to celebrate thanksgiving hope you like it:-

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

also hamas wanted a comprehensive hostage deal that would of released all of them for an actual longer ceasefire

the us/israel refused

genocide joe was not worried about genocide but pr

And there was some concern in the administration about an unintended consequence of the pause: that it would allow journalists broader access to Gaza and the opportunity to further illuminate the devastation there and turn public opinion on Israel.
Israel is unlikely to ramp down its military operation in Gaza when the temporary pause ends, experts say. Israeli officials have vowed to continue the offensive until it destroys Hamas, arguing in some cases that the campaign from the enclave’s north to the south helped the hostage negotiations by making a halt more attractive.

These ghouls know perfectly well that they're evil, never let them forget it

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

there was a conversation with Pepe Escobar which had an interesting russian connection re: Israel/Gaza, the entire video is interesting for an analysis of this whole shitshow

quote:

[...]
23:50
specifically North Gaza. And it's not by accident that what what we're seeing in front of us, that the genocide in motion on every smartphone is taking place in isolated North Gaza,
because according to all all the legalistic uh framework of the offshore oil and gas reserves, that were discovered in that part of the Eastern Mediterranean.

The Palestinian reserves are essentially in front of North Gaza offshore. Another very very important point the concessions: they end next year. The current concessions for British gas to exploit it, and starting next year when
the concessions are going to be renewed there is a very strong possibility that the government in Gaza could sell these concessions to ... Gazprom. I confirmed this with the Russians "yes it's true, we don't know what's going to happen but yes, we made an offer already"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbs2WgV34HE&t=1380s

It'd be extremely funny if Gazprom got to exploit the Palestine gas supplies for an infinite amount of reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Equeen posted:

I never wanted to see someone’s skull cracked wide open as much as I want to see that done to this vile little freak.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao loving online cops