Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

WTFBEES posted:

I did a series of very silly things.

Before:

Now:

No no. This is amazing, not silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That looks pretty good. I should get around to making my '85 look less ratty one of these days.

What springs/dampers did you go with to make it not have 9" of wheel gap in the front?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
has that 240 been restored or is it an original survivor

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Am I wrong for liking it better in its original state?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

evobatman posted:

No, in fact, id say you have good taste!

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

New and old together. The E91 was picked up today by its new owner who is using it as a winter beater since he doesn't want to drive his Volvo 740 Turbo in the salt.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Humphreys posted:

Now put a cargo shelf on the roof

What sold me on this exact 245 was the relatively rare lack of a roof rack. I like the uninterupted sea of roof.

Ether Frenzy posted:

That looks pretty good. I should get around to making my '85 look less ratty one of these days.

What springs/dampers did you go with to make it not have 9" of wheel gap in the front?

https://www.bneshop.com/collections/240/products/240-coilovers-with-koni-sport-dampers-1

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

has that 240 been restored or is it an original survivor

Survivor. I'm owner #2.

evobatman posted:

Nope, my choices certainly aren't to everyone's tastes. It's all good.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
post your own ex ride. this miserable bitch of a year wiped out my savings so i made the decision to try and recoup some of it before something went wrong with the car.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

WTFBEES posted:

I did a series of very silly things.

Before:

Now:

I'm on board.

Admiral Bosch posted:

post your own ex ride. this miserable bitch of a year wiped out my savings so i made the decision to try and recoup some of it before something went wrong with the car.

Aw.
You'll probably regret it later, but sometimes there's not another avenue.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Darchangel posted:

I'm on board.

Aw.
You'll probably regret it later, but sometimes there's not another avenue.

"you can't race your house, but..."

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Swapped over to the OEM Wheels / All Seasons.

Summer wheels for comparison :toot:

Haven't had the OEM wheels on it since I had it wrapped -- I like the silver a lot more than I thought I would.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I love those summer wheels.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
yeah the stock ones are fine, i guess, but bronze is best

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

I drove the long way to work today

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Had a new friend show up today. It's also the first current gen Type R I've seen in person. Neat car but not a fan of black since it hides the accents.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Kind of been on a kick...

The 900 seems like it's decent overal condition, the interior is very nice and I like the blue, which wasn't offered for the Turbo, AFAIK. It's slow, even compared what what my brain recalls my old 900 Turbo being in my youth. It also the most fun I've had driving in the past 10 years. Really enjoyable to just poot around in, comfortable, smelly, mile long gear throw...everything that rules about driving old cars.

I'm replacing the motor mounts on my 9-3 Aero XWD and giving it to my mom. Holds a record shortest ownership period for me, I never even re-titled it.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

My dadwagon BMW E91 was in the shop for yearly inspection recently so I had to take my 6 year old to piano lessons in the even older BMW. She got in, crinkled her nose and said, “Dad, I don’t like this car, it smells.” To which I thought to myself, “Yes you’re right it does smell - like hot brakes, motorsports, oil leaks, leather, and fine German adhesives” before saying “smells like speed!” and matted the right pedal through two gears and watched her crinkle turn to a giggle and laugh.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Honda BRZ continues doing its thing, wrapped up the nasa regional tt5 championship win this year

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren: AISS 2023: This Wednesday 11/22 is the last day to sign up! :frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

Did you catch a joke probation, make a super embarrassing post complaining about it, and need some holiday cheer to get you back in the shitposting spirit?

Then sign up for Automotive Insanity's Secret Santa! Some goon will send you a random assortment of items, mostly some broken car parts, and there is an option for penis-emblazonment. I have enjoyed it so much over the years that I volunteered to pick up the mantle from slothrop and organize it for 2023. So come on down and spread the holiday cheeks cheer!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BlackMK4 posted:

Honda BRZ continues doing its thing, wrapped up the nasa regional tt5 championship win this year

Sweet!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Mcqueen posted:

Kind of been on a kick...

The 900 seems like it's decent overal condition, the interior is very nice and I like the blue, which wasn't offered for the Turbo, AFAIK. It's slow, even compared what what my brain recalls my old 900 Turbo being in my youth. It also the most fun I've had driving in the past 10 years. Really enjoyable to just poot around in, comfortable, smelly, mile long gear throw...everything that rules about driving old cars.

I'm replacing the motor mounts on my 9-3 Aero XWD and giving it to my mom. Holds a record shortest ownership period for me, I never even re-titled it.

Hell yeah 900s are the best

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

So sick - congrats!!!

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren: AISS 2023: LAST CHANCE, PROCRASTINATORS! :frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

I've only wanted one of these since I was 14. Keeping the SS, but I'm going to steal its 6p brake calipers and track tires for the new car.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You've chosen exceptionally well. My youngest brother had a C5Z for a few years and I managed to finagle a few drives in it. The interior sucks but everything else is sublime. It drove like my old Miata with double the power and double the rubber.

If I could afford one, I'd have one.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

heffray posted:

I've only wanted one of these since I was 14. Keeping the SS, but I'm going to steal its 6p brake calipers and track tires for the new car.

loving. Yes.

:black101:

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Aww yeah, another C5 Z06. You got the best color too. Enjoy!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

heffray posted:

Hell yeah. I kept my '98 C5 for 13 years and miss it terribly.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Siiiiiiiiiiiick

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

WTFBEES posted:

Aww yeah, another C5 Z06. You got the best color too. Enjoy!

You probably forgot electron blue exists. Hth

Rad car.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

heffray posted:

Oh boy, see you out there 🫡

Cat Pancakes
Apr 24, 2012

New ride! A jeep cut me off in my speed3, and I couldnt quite stop in time. Barely hit it. Just needed a hood, grill and latch, but since the shop literally tried to commit insurance fraud(they told me they were going to fix stuff unrelated to the accident, raising the quote), and my adjuster from Geico massively undervalued the car, they labeled it as totalled. I filed a complaint with the insurance comissioner, and an independent adjusted valued my car at TWENTY TWO PERCENT HIGHER. SO then it wasnt totalled, until the shop then said they refused to work on it anyway since it was modified, I think they were just mad they got reported, I know the guy who tried to inflate the invoice "left" his position very shortly after. Anyway, during all this a speed6 came up for sale. So I took the insurance payout, which was now 22% higher after a proper adjuster valued it, and bought this very clean speed6, as well as buying back my speed3 to take my fun parts off of, as well as my wheels. Eventually im going to put my bigger turbo on and tune it, but for now its going to be stock for a little. Also going to put my speed3 back to stock and sell it, but the cold is demotivating me pretty hard

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Cat Pancakes posted:

New ride! A jeep cut me off in my speed3, and I couldnt quite stop in time. Barely hit it. Just needed a hood, grill and latch, but since the shop literally tried to commit insurance fraud(they told me they were going to fix stuff unrelated to the accident, raising the quote), and my adjuster from Geico massively undervalued the car, they labeled it as totalled. I filed a complaint with the insurance comissioner, and an independent adjusted valued my car at TWENTY TWO PERCENT HIGHER. SO then it wasnt totalled, until the shop then said they refused to work on it anyway since it was modified, I think they were just mad they got reported, I know the guy who tried to inflate the invoice "left" his position very shortly after. Anyway, during all this a speed6 came up for sale. So I took the insurance payout, which was now 22% higher after a proper adjuster valued it, and bought this very clean speed6, as well as buying back my speed3 to take my fun parts off of, as well as my wheels. Eventually im going to put my bigger turbo on and tune it, but for now its going to be stock for a little. Also going to put my speed3 back to stock and sell it, but the cold is demotivating me pretty hard

Ugh gross

Maryland

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Cat Pancakes posted:

I've always liked the speed6. A speed3 was my first new car (08.5 in white, it ruled and I wish I never sold it). Nice car and good on you for not putting up with that bullshit.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 25, 2023

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

A speed3 was my first new car (08.5 in white, it ruled and I wish I never sold it).

Same and same except metro gray. God I miss it, and stock examples like mine when I sold it are unobtanium now. Was yours a GT? Those Alcantara seats were :discourse: According to Carfax it's still on the road with 195k mi so that makes me feel good at least. The dude I sold it to had his head on straight and didn't seem like he was gonna straight pipe/Monster decal it up.

IOwnCalculus posted:

You've chosen exceptionally well. My youngest brother had a C5Z for a few years and I managed to finagle a few drives in it. The interior sucks but everything else is sublime. It drove like my old Miata with double the power and double the rubber.

This is exactly how I described my C5 that I bought after selling my NA Miata. It really does drive like a big Miata and not in a bad way.

opengl fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 25, 2023

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

opengl posted:

Same and same except metro gray. God I miss it, and stock examples like mine when I sold it are unobtanium now. Was yours a GT? Those Alcantara seats were :discourse: According to Carfax it's still on the road with 195k mi so that makes me feel good at least. The dude I sold it to had his head on straight and didn't seem like he was gonna straight pipe/Monster decal it up.

Hell yeah it was. Those seats. :kiss:

Cat Pancakes
Apr 24, 2012

Suburban Dad posted:

I've always liked the speed6. A speed3 was my first new car (08.5 in white, it ruled and I wish I never sold it). Nice car and good on you for not putting up with that bullshit.

Mine was/is an 08.5 in black. Great cars, criminally underrated, but that's fine by me, they are still cheap

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Mine was an 09 GT. Some of the best looking factory seats.

Plastic stuff was starting to break on mine and I'm very happy with the ND2 miata, but I still wish I had maybe sold it privately to someone who wasn't going to immediately blow it up or something.

Cat Pancakes
Apr 24, 2012

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Ugh gross

Maryland

Ive been to a lot of states, and you can do a whole lot worse than Maryland. For instance, I rescued this car from New Jersey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Cat Pancakes posted:

Ive been to a lot of states, and you can do a whole lot worse than Maryland. For instance, I rescued this car from New Jersey

I might be doing the same next week. Watch this thread perhaps 🤷🏻‍♂️.

MS6 is cool but a little too big for my normal tastes. That’s part of the reason I don’t drive my S60R as much as it deserves.