Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Somalia gets the gang back together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mags posted:

Hamas presses X and enters VATS

this is still such a wild video for them to make

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Orange Devil posted:

Also the US is not a signatory.

didn't stop them from issuing a warrant for Putin!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its pretty dope that yemen has shut down the suez for isreali traffic only, without even having to evergiven it

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

mistermojo posted:

has anyone considered that the ceasefire was timed around thanksgiving for a reason (to avoid woke kids giving their parents heart attacks). was that the Blinken touch

honestly the timing is bizarre. It just happened to land on American thanksgiving? maybe it happened to work out that way or maybe it was “we’ll keep the carriers, keep giving you ammo and blank checks and keep protecting you in the UN, but throw us a bone here, Joes getting killed in some key demographics”

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mistermojo posted:

has anyone considered that the ceasefire was timed around thanksgiving for a reason (to avoid woke kids giving their parents heart attacks). was that the Blinken touch

I haven't checked lately, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the world doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Has any American ever been charged by the ICC for anything?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Raccooon posted:

no and if they did the us would invade the dutch

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

FlapYoJacks posted:

I haven't checked lately, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the world doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving.

it's to manage domestic support. people will hear of the ceasefire, then do thanksgiving, then forget all about it/a new news story takes over.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

FlapYoJacks posted:

Hmm nobody in the entire world has ever invited me over for Thanksgiving, must be a fake holiday!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it would be funny if the Netherlands invoked article 5 against the USA when the USA invades The Hague

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Sancho Banana posted:

I fear what he'll unleash after repressing his posting energy for two weeks.

he's charging up his power with rosary and confession

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Israel is a US puppet state and US leadership only cares about their own comfort.

Biden signed off on the truce partly so Kamala could avoid an awkward Thanksgiving table conversation with Ella Emhoff about a ceasefire

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raccooon posted:

the ICC has never even charged white people

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Raccooon posted:

lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Service-Members%27_Protection_Act

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Raccooon posted:

before the ukraine war, the icc had never been used against white people
(the yugoslav wars were tried elsewhere)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

RealityWarCriminal posted:

still on the books to this day

i still remember the moment I heard about it on the car radio when it went on the books. irl :kstare:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The ICC only charges Africans and Putin, it's essentially a neocolonial tool for getting rid of problem figures.

You could argue that getting rid of Bibi for jeopardizing the Israel colony would be within their purview, but I'm pretty sure Israel would mass revolt at the idea, even disliking Bibi.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
saudi arabia congratulates egypt and Qatar for their diplomatic victory in helping attain the truce

https://twitter.com/ksamofa/status/1727324201709605239?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

in arab regime propagandist idiot twitter, theres a wide recognition that Hamas has won an impressive military and diplomatic victory and Qatar is widely considered to have attained a massive political W.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

double nine posted:

is there anyone who speaks swedish who can check the translation?

https://twitter.com/broseph_stalin/status/1727256647163314238

dtnato

He got as far as like "geno-" before he interrupted himself

this is up on public service broadcaster atm (machine translated)

quote:

Kristersson on the interrupted meeting: "That's not how democracy should work"
Updated today 17:08 Published today 17:02

Ulf Kristersson (M) felt forced to leave the open question period in Gothenburg on Tuesday when it got rowdy in the audience.

- There is a kind of terrorist romance in Sweden that I am incredibly concerned about, says the Prime Minister.

"You support genocide" was one of the things shouted from the audience when Ulf Kristersson (M) held an open question and answer session at the Pustervik pub in Gothenburg together with Finance Minister Elisabeth Svantesson (M) on Tuesday.

At question time, it became somewhat heated and emotional with many questions about the conflict between Israel and Hamas. Several people were removed from the meeting due to disorder and after half an hour the Prime Minister chose to cancel prematurely.
Kristersson: "Terrible life"

Ulf Kristersson now says to SVT that what happened on Tuesday was unacceptable.

- It was a terrible life. People shouted at each other, disrupted the meeting, did everything to prevent it from being carried out. That's not how democracy should work in Sweden and I'm not going to adapt to it.

When the prime minister at one point called Hamas a terrorist organization, part of the audience started booing - which according to Kristersson is about a "terrorist romance".

- It suggests that there is a kind of terrorist romance in Sweden that I am incredibly concerned about. It is perfectly legitimate to have different opinions about the conflict in the Middle East, but it is a completely different thing to destroy meetings where you are supposed to be able to discuss that issue. I am concerned that conflicts in other parts of the world find their way directly into Sweden in this way.
Strandhäll (S) critical

The interrupted meeting has on Wednesday aroused strong reactions. Social Democrat Annika Strandhäll believes that Ulf Kristersson should have handled the criticism in a different way than leaving the meeting.

- He probably needs to expect that people will come to these open meetings with their concern and anger. You have to manage that as prime minister, she says.
Video
Photo: SVT

Ulf Kristersson believes, however, that there is a limit to what can be accepted, and that what happened on Tuesday is a threat to the democratic conversation.

- It will be if you, like us, are in practice forced to stop, forced to leave the meeting because it is not possible to have a meeting.

He's such a little soy baby. Just incredibly swedish

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

the ICC has never even charged white people

I don’t know the ICC recent activity but it’s immediate predecessors did

not gainsaying just adding context

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

The ICC only charges Africans and Putin, it's essentially a neocolonial tool for getting rid of problem figures.

You could argue that getting rid of Bibi for jeopardizing the Israel colony would be within their purview, but I'm pretty sure Israel would mass revolt at the idea, even disliking Bibi.

It would be tough to get an indictment like that going when raising the possibility that Israel did anything wrong is illegal, potentially prosecutable antisemitism in several ICC countries, and blacklist-worthy in the rest.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

The notoriously racist international cricket council

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Do they consider that 15 yr old girl they've imprisoned, and who's due to be released, a terrorist?

I noticed (in I think the reuters writeup) that hamas was going to release "women & children" while israel was releasing "women & teens."

Look at this goddam poo poo.

quote:

Hundreds detained

According to Israel Prison Service (IPS) figures, as of September 2023, 146 Palestinian minors were being held in custody on “security” grounds.

However, Israeli rights group B’tselem has pointed out that the IPS figures published since October 2020 exclude those arbitrarily detained in military facilities.

Defence for Children International-Palestine (DCIP) estimates that an average of 500-700 children are detained by Israeli occupation forces every year.

Around 13,000 have been arbitrarily detained, interrogated, tried in military courts and imprisoned since 2000, with thousands detained before that date, including during the First Intifada.

Widespread abuse

A 2013 report by the United Nations Children's Fund (Unicef) concluded that maltreatment of Palestinian child detainees in Israeli military detention was “widespread, systematic, and institutionalised throughout the process”.

Research by Save the Children published in July found that Palestinian minors in Israeli detention endure physical, emotional and sexual abuse.

Some 86 percent said they had been beaten, 69 percent strip-searched and nearly half of them injured at the point of arrest, some of them incurring gunshot wounds and broken bones.

According to research by DCIP, based on testimonies from 766 children detained by the Israeli army between 1 January 2016 and 31 December 2022, 59 percent were arrested at night, with 97 percent reporting having their hands bound, and 86 percent blindfolded.

Children reported being interrogated at unknown locations without the presence of a parent or a lawyer, and often deprived of food and water.

They often gave confessions while enduring verbal abuse, threats, physical and psychological violence.

Military trials

Israel is the only country that systematically prosecutes minors in military courts, which often accept confessions obtained by coercion.

An estimated 500-700 children, some as young as 12, are tried in military courts every year, the most common charge being stone-throwing, which carries a 20-year prison sentence.

DCIP also documented the widespread “routine” detainment of child detainees in solitary confinement.

In 1991, Israel ratified the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) which states that children should only be detained as a last resort.

But a series of policy changes have created loopholes allowing the Israeli authorities to convict children.

In August 2016, Israel amended a law that stated that children under the age of 14 could not be held criminally responsible, in order to charge Ahmed Manasra, 13 at the time of his arrest, with attempted murder.

Not that the u.s. is much better on this score.

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
In other news,
I love that we call the IDF…and by default the media on their bullshit.

https://x.com/ase/status/1727358898431197691?s=46

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

double nine posted:

is there anyone who speaks swedish who can check the translation?

Sorry I missed this. The translation is basically accurate, what he literally says is -

Isreel hes a right tu genuc-. I meuon, Isreel hes a right tu deffend itselff. Bork Bork Bork!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Big Shout out to Israel for turning Greta Thunberg into a wild-eyed-CSpam Poster, welcome to the crazy-but-correct club, Greta!

https://twitter.com/who_shot_jgr/status/1727370862234620206?s=20

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what better export for our colonial powers than the ideology of private prisons

why not couple your actual slave workforce with another pool of slave labor that will be invisible and you can treat even worse

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

FlapYoJacks posted:

The IDF really are a bunch of TikTok goy boys lol.
https://twitter.com/censoredmen/status/1727228289545077238

finally good idf propaganda.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Big Shout out to Israel for turning Greta Thunberg into a wild-eyed-CSpam Poster, welcome to the crazy-but-correct club, Greta!

:sickos:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Calibanibal posted:

Sorry I missed this. The translation is basically accurate, what he literally says is -

Isreel hes a right tu genuc-. I meuon, Isreel hes a right tu deffend itselff. Bork Bork Bork!

You forgot to translate it from Swedish

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its accurate, he was def going to say folkmord (genocide) right before he caught himself.

the most generous reading i could possibly do would be that he was reaching for the word folkrätten (international law), which uses the same prefix as folkmord (genocide).

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Comrade Koba posted:

the most generous reading i could possibly do would be that he was reaching for the word folkrätten (international law), which uses the same prefix as folkmord (genocide).

Swedish Obama

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

how did they manage to nail my likeness so perfectly I think I've been doxxed.

Also lol only the thumb stinks?!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

:sickos:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

Please never post this guy again. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

The sickos smiley?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
New Al-Qassam footage was released:

- The IDF continues to deploy armored vehicles unsupported by infantry, Hamas is taking pictures of tanks out in the open and passing by their positions like 15 feet away
- Vehicle crews seem to just kind of hang out in the open in the middle of unsecured areas, the video ends with a few fighters lining up beads on a crew through a window before firing
- Guys running up to a pair of Namers with no infantry around/infantry undeployed, and being able to just walk up to the rear hatch and putting a shaped charge on it??
- Hamas continues to get easy shots on isolated tanks with RPGs

the claimed number of vehicles destroyed has to be taken with a grain of salt but i guess if those rounds are actually penetrating the totals can't be *that* far off

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The sickos smiley?

pretty sure they meant the "artist" who drew that racist rear end comic

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al-Saqr posted:

yep she grew up in the belly of the beast that is the climate change activism industry to realize that climate change is a problem of capitalism, not consumer choice

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The sickos smiley?

mawarannahr has been posting this very racist czech(?) cartoonist for ages (not approvingly, I know) and every time I see one of these cartoons I really can't stand it so I'm doing an abuse of power. sorry mawarannahr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

pretty sure they meant the "artist" who drew that racist rear end comic

Oh. Yep. Once again I have been done in by the fact that catbox urls don’t load on my phone

That makes a lot more sense