Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

trump is posting on the whitehouse account again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Thank you for keeping us safe on X with this alert, @safety.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Alternatively, Elon knows exactly what they're going to report because they probably did the usual journalist thing of warning him beforehand that a big story was coming. But because he's an idiot who can't do anything other than the worst possible response to anything, Elon's whining about "for pay" models (:ironicat:).

if they're trying to get ahead of this before the article is even out then it might be pretty bad so they gotta spin up the anger machine pretty quickly

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Did someone said #fake #news ??

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
#sports! Hey everyone look at #sports! Pay no attention to boring news! #sports

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

priznat posted:

At this rate, Linda is going to post something about #Thanksgiving by using the most racist portrayal of native Americans possible.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Elias_Maluco posted:

Did someone said #fake #news ??

In fairness that other company sounds like exactly how Yelp and the "you have 3 court records about you!!" sites all like to operate. Entirely possible they just happen to be scumbags at the same time as X.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mannerup posted:

100% is a nerdcore rap guy

His favorite band is this group of white rappers who go by Captain Dan and his Scurvy Crew…

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

priznat posted:

https://twitter.com/lindayaX/status/1727379403519533086?s=20

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1727218454694949213

The things they're prohibiting people from saying are 100% true

Tucker's starting to turn into Trump.

I don't mean in what he says, he's starting to look like him now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If it's an insane chud conspiracy theory or loud and proud bigotry you heard it here FIRST on X

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean these people think dead end actors from the 80s and 90s are cool and then start shrieking when taylor swift regesters a ton of zoomers and older alphas to vote. the dems have plenty of issues with Youth engagement and such but the GOP activly shits on them so stupidly hard its not even funny. they have burned a bunch of bridges with U30 folks. Musk has inroads with weird sad technocrat types and weird /pol/ types

And yet polling says Zoomers are preferring Trump to Biden. So either young people want to see the world burn (probable) or polling is completely broken.

I can't imagine a young person voting for the side that's actively taking away rights they're most likely to want, but hey it's 2023 so...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I feel like if someone on SA just did one word replies to posts constantly (or just !!) they’d get probed after not too long.

It’s so loving boring!!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Tucker's starting to turn into Trump.

I don't mean in what he says, he's starting to look like him now.

No Alex Jones is the red one

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

priznat posted:

I feel like if someone on SA just did one word replies to posts constantly (or just !!) they’d get probed after not too long.

It’s so loving boring!!

it's especially boring when you don't have an account on the nazi hate speech site and can't even see what he's responding to

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

priznat posted:

It’s so loving boring!!
interesting

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

it's especially boring when you don't have an account on the nazi hate speech site and can't even see what he's responding to

!! (lol sorry)

At least embeds seem to include the being replied to tweet (I will never call it a xeet or whatever!)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

It’s so loving boring!!

There are like five dudes in the trump thread who do that, typically just the word lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Isn’t Bezos the billionaire that doesn’t like music? Not as in “doesn’t like popular music” but he literally doesn’t experience pleasure at words set to tunes or melodies?
Correct

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

priznat posted:

It’s sad we don’t get more billionaire on billionaire violence

I still feel raw that we didn't get to see a Zuck vs Elon cage fight. I think we all know who was going to win that one and get humiliated into a deep deep depression.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

They're a for-profit company and can't be trusted, whereas we at X no longer have any hope of profits.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
Media Matters is a non-profit and therefore cannot be trusted because they take money from Soros.

NewsGuard is for profit and therefore cannot be trusted because they take money from corporations.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

can’t belief all these watchdogs want to destroy x for reasons. quick- is newguard owned by a Jewish guy??

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

WeaponX posted:

can’t belief all these watchdogs want to destroy x for reasons. quick- is newguard owned by a Jewish guy??

gotta be

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Alternatively, Elon knows exactly what they're going to report because they probably did the usual journalist thing of warning him beforehand that a big story was coming. But because he's an idiot who can't do anything other than the worst possible response to anything, Elon's whining about "for pay" models (:ironicat:).

Websites that demand you pay for a basic user experience? That sounds pure evil.

Semi-related, but I saw a "On X, where news plays out in real time" quote in my Teams messages this week and it took every fiber in my body to not reply to that particular chat

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er

"Racism", "Anti-Semitism", "bigotry" in general may be found in this "fact-checked" "report".

:smuggo:

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

WeaponX posted:

Have you considered that watchdogs need to eat and they might be *gasp* taking money from ….. “the wrong people”?

Subscribe to X premium for the real news!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh come on that sword thing my enemies tweet was fake right?

It's like something you'd post to make fun of him.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Krispy Wafer posted:

And yet polling says Zoomers are preferring Trump to Biden. So either young people want to see the world burn (probable) or polling is completely broken.

I can't imagine a young person voting for the side that's actively taking away rights they're most likely to want, but hey it's 2023 so...

Cite your sources

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Oh come on that sword thing my enemies tweet was fake right?

It's like something you'd post to make fun of him.

It is real.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

ReidRansom posted:

They're a for-profit company and can't be trusted, whereas we at X no longer have any hope of profits.

Media Matters is a non-profit, it can't be trusted. NewsGuard is for-profit, it can't be trusted.

Only trust your fists, but Elon isn't saying that.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well X is in a special circumstance, it's a for profit that makes less than a non profit.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

RocketRaygun posted:

Media Matters is a non-profit, it can't be trusted. NewsGuard is for-profit, it can't be trusted.

Only trust your fists, but Elon isn't saying that.

Elon will cut through the lies with his blade of truth he has shown you the way.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Both non profit and for profit groups are saying that my sword is very small and my enemies are alive.

This cannot be father from the truth. Their bias makes them incapable of understanding that my sword is the longest that has ever lived, and my enemies have filled graveyards.

Those who underestimate the truth of my danger will find themselves ruing the day they ever gave into the woke mind virus.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

gschmidl posted:

It is real.

I looked it up first and I still can't believe it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

E the Shaggy posted:

At this rate, Linda is going to post something about #Thanksgiving by using the most racist portrayal of native Americans possible.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-no-wig-or-makeup/

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Zero VGS posted:

In fairness that other company sounds like exactly how Yelp and the "you have 3 court records about you!!" sites all like to operate. Entirely possible they just happen to be scumbags at the same time as X.
personally, I find NewsGuard a little odd as a company that has former CIA/NSA Director Michael Hayden, Bush's DHS Sec Tom Ridge and former Finnish PM / NATO SecGen Anders Rasmussen on their board along with Department of Defense contracts, so I am reluctant to call them an 'independent' media watchdog group. Wikipedia's Jimmy Wales is probably their most well known and trusted board member.

find it hilarious that Elon is going with the 'for-profit' angle rather than the above

Kale
May 14, 2010

This old conspiracy brained poo poo poster is gonna get our asses of Mars I tell ya. His love for humanity and sheer focus and vision will see it through.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Twitter is trustworthy because it is not for profit. It only made a profit once and Elon bought it to make sure that would never happen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean these people think dead end actors from the 80s and 90s are cool and then start shrieking when taylor swift regesters a ton of zoomers and older alphas to vote. the dems have plenty of issues with Youth engagement and such but the GOP activly shits on them so stupidly hard its not even funny. they have burned a bunch of bridges with U30 folks. Musk has inroads with weird sad technocrat types and weird /pol/ types

They may have the incel youth vote though assuming those people actually vote.