Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

choopercabra
Aug 8, 2006
So if the titan people are jewish-coded, and they are attacking a small, walled-in country... are the titans... Zionists?

I'm guessing the answer is no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Andrast posted:

to be fair this is the same issue the X-men have whenever a writer tries to have them as a standin for a minority

It has always really bothered me

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

God Star Ocean 2 was such a lovely mediocre RPG. I can't believe Pat likes it so much.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Thats the one that just got remade, right? A lot of people really like that game. You'll be ok

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

no I won't

I'm damaged forever because Pat likes a mediocre RPG from the 90's

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ah, I see. Secret of Mana Syndrome. A shame

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yes! YES!!! You Understand!

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Pat's enthusiasm and the Steam reviews score got me thinking about getting that Star Ocean 2 and then some guy has to say "Actually it wasn't that good" and upend everything I think I know. God drat it.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Flubby posted:

Pat's enthusiasm and the Steam reviews score got me thinking about getting that Star Ocean 2 and then some guy has to say "Actually it wasn't that good" and upend everything I think I know. God drat it.

Don't worry. It's good

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
kris wolfhart said it was so good his parents got back together and candy at teh gas station was 50 cents again and it's 3 dollars for a case of soda, so I'll play it after Octopath 2

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's the best version of SO2 by a country mile.

It's okay.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Flubby posted:

It's okay. It's just not great.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
It's actually amazing. One of the best PS1 RPGs ever released. And now given form as one of the greatest remakes ever created. Hard recommend personally

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

It's actually amazing. One of the best PS1 RPGs ever released.

It's not even the top 25.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's the #1 movie in America

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Like they reuse the exact same boss sprite for the first three bosses. And most of the rest of the bosses are jammed in near the end of the game, which is kind of weird. You’d think they would be more evenly distributed. It’s just kind of a baffling decision.

The plot is also kind of okay, but I liked the Star Trek: TNG episode they probably based the whole series off of a little bit better. SPOILER : Who Watches the Watchers

I don’t know, I guess I expected more from the plot of a Star Trek themed RPG. I’m mainly there for the story when it comes to RPGs, and I’m not really there to do weird things to break the games mechanics, which seemed to be the big draw for Pat.

Pat’s not wrong about it being the best in the series though. Maybe the original SNES RPG was good, but I really can’t speak to that one.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The character writing in it is serviceable for the story they're trying to tell which itself is simple and a little unambitious in its goals and spectacle compared to its contemporaries. Combat works and the mechanical stuff outside of combat is actually kind of interesting and thanks to changes the remake made actually mostly work!

It's alright. Wait for a sale maybe.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyQATqdOBso

Lol, petition Woolie to be the new Codex narrator.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Even after hearing the warning and reading the timestamps, I wasn't ready for the drop this episode.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Even after hearing the warning and reading the timestamps, I wasn't ready for the drop this episode.
I can't listen to the podcast at the moment but I did listen to the first ten seconds on soundcloud and I am EXCITED(????) for whatever the gently caress goes down in the episode to warrant "hey don't listen to this episode on anything but headphones" considering the conversations they've had on the podcast before

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I went in with absolutely no warnings beyond "something happens at some point" and holy poo poo I was not prepared for that.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I didn't find it that shocking but I get it. Also I'm on the same page as them with that topic. Like I get the purpose but it almost always sounds disingenuous or patronizing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow what an unbelievable segment, I'm so glad they told me to wear headphones during it. I'd hate for people around me to think I cared about Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
At work right now what did they go on a tear about?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So was that the first hard R we’ve seen in either of the podcasts? I think so but I’m not sure.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Arc Hammer posted:

At work right now what did they go on a tear about?

Discussion is about weaponizing therapy language, Pat keeps going on and doing a mealy-mouthed parody of that sort of prick, and an obviously pained Woolie just spits out "man, just call me a [take a wild guess what slur I'm not writing here] ALREADYYYYY"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

That's pretty real, there's been a bunch of times where someone was obviously being lovely to me about being LGBTQ and after a point it's like, can you just call me a fag and get this over with pal, save us both some time.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Yardbomb posted:

That's pretty real, there's been a bunch of times where someone was obviously being lovely to me about being LGBTQ and after a point it's like, can you just call me a fag and get this over with pal, save us both some time.

Aha, you said the slur not me. Making me the victor :smugbert:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

It was also in context of how it's been in vogue lately in Canada (especially for large public affairs) to do a land acknowledgement before any given event.

In that it's extremely cringe to acknowledge that basically all of Canada is on stolen land from Indigenous peoples... and then proceed to do absolutely nothing about it.

It's extremely common in my workplace and, while it was kinda nice for a little bit to increase visibility for this kind of thing, it so very quickly devolved into token platitudes meant for optics more than anything else. Especially considering we've also decided to ram a couple more pipelines through BC, among other things.

Canada! :canada:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: I think Pat should apologize for his example being too good

I was getting PTSD flashbacks to my time in a corporate office in the last 3 years and my blood pressure was spiking, lmao

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Just checked out of curiosity and this moment is now the third most viewed clip on the podcast's twitch channel. Right under the Ghost of Tsushima code reveal and Paige dunking on Pat when she was on as a guest.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I didn't see any warning, very funny though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Warbird posted:

So was that the first hard R we’ve seen in either of the podcasts? I think so but I’m not sure.

Liam a couple times

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tae posted:

Liam a couple times

Kinda amazing they never took those down

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

lol

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

beep by grandpa posted:

Kinda amazing they never took those down

I feel like we memory holed those few years in the 2010s where a lot of white people online gave themselves n-passes if they felt they were being ironic enough.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Tae posted:

Liam a couple times

Wait, really? If so, good grief.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Pennsylvanian posted:

I feel like we memory holed those few years in the 2010s where a lot of white people online gave themselves n-passes if they felt they were being ironic enough.

I don't think Liam felt he was being ironic? I watched the Star Fox nbomb a couple years ago for the first time so it's kinda fresh in my mind. The way he said it felt innocent and genuine, like he had gone his whole life not knowing it's way worse of a word than he thinks it is. Like his family in the sticks and everyone around him had said it his whole life so it was a "bad" word but not that bad.

It's very funny (the situation, not the joke lol) and I had the exact same reaction as Woolie. It comes out of nowhere at full speed. iirc Pat also said it in the voice of Woolie in one of the shitstorms.

Edit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/4eowob/most_racistoffensive_two_best_friends_play_episode/

Here's where I found the Liam one. One day I was curious if any of them had said any naughty words in the past and google lead me here.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 23, 2023

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Now that twitch doesn't do clips is there a yt video of this discussion up yet? Or a timestamp for the podcast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A hero walks the Youtube airwaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lStpdsqXMCA