Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Counterpoint, the only stat that matters is Ws baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

haljordan posted:

Irsay is officially the wettest, pettiest clown ever. I bet he's still mad at a girl from the 3rd grade for calling him a "total uggo" or something.

Jennie's going to get what's coming to her, just you wait.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Speaking of, Rodgers and Brady whining about how soft the league has become due to an increase in penalties designed to reduce injuries specifically created because of injuries to Rodgers and Brady is something I never expected but am in no way surprised about.

Probably a broken clock moment but I think he might be not be wrong about college coaches moving so much now for the money that athlete preparedness for the NFL is taking a backseat because of lack of continuity

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

haljordan posted:

The only thing I miss from Brady's playing days are his temper tantrums over not getting a RTP flag whenever a defender got within 10 feet of him.

We have Mahomes doing it instead of

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Brady's comments are pure strain old guy cope. Things aren't as good as they used to be and it's the fault of these lazy young people.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bellmaker posted:

Probably a broken clock moment but I think he might be not be wrong about college coaches moving so much now for the money that athlete preparedness for the NFL is taking a backseat because of lack of continuity

He'll be whining about the transfer portal killing the game and hanging out with Dabo Swinney tomorrow too.

Now there's an imagined dinner date I simultaneously don't want to be within state boundaries of but also want to be a fly on the wall just to see how much I dislike both of them together.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I caught a clip from Rich Eisen's show & he points to how the new CBA limited practice/group activity time meant players have less time to gel together.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Man the ESPN Playoff Machine is fun to fiddle with. You can make some real demented poo poo like this

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

I caught a clip from Rich Eisen's show & he points to how the new CBA limited practice/group activity time meant players have less time to gel together.

Seems kinda whingy. The new CBA got rid of two-a-day practices and limited to like 12-13 the number of full-contact practices.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I would imagine part of it is down to enforcement too. Time was teams could probably skirt the rules a little easier and I doubt Brady had any idea they were being skirted.

We know Billy 5 aces is a dyed in the wool cheat. He was happy enough to steal signals he's probably happy enough breaking safety rules to gain an edge.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
His point was a little more nuanced than that. He said it was a good thing that the offseason "voluntary" (read: mandatory) training participation was truncated in the CBA, but that a consequence is that new players, QBs in particular, get much, much less opportunity to prepare for the pros and as such they look like rear end when they get thrown into the week 8 meat grinder.

He went on to say it's past time they just fold the XFL into the league so that guys can get more reps.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kull the Conqueror posted:

His point was a little more nuanced than that. He said it was a good thing that the offseason "voluntary" (read: mandatory) training participation was truncated in the CBA, but that a consequence is that new players, QBs in particular, get much, much less opportunity to prepare for the pros and as such they look like rear end when they get thrown into the week 8 meat grinder.

He went on to say it's past time they just fold the XFL into the league so that guys can get more reps.

An NFL D-League would probably do wonders for OL play if nothing else

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

that seems like bullshit, to me, and much more of a coaching problem than a practice-time problem. luckily this season has provided a neat little case study with the Panthers and Texans: well-coached teams have their rookies and FA additions ready to go, poorly-coached teams don't. 10 additional padded practices throughout May and June wouldn't change that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As I'm seeing the chargers/packers game on TV again...

Who did the Chargers piss off upstairs to be so absolutely cursed?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Do not even ask posted:

Man the ESPN Playoff Machine is fun to fiddle with. You can make some real demented poo poo like this

yeah the first week it drops is the best time to play with it because the possibilities are endless

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

This is the guaranteed future of the AFC

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jake browning threw 43 tds in 2016 with john ross and dante pettis and now he's going to throw 8 more. you little fuckre

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Do not even ask posted:

This would be the sign of judgement day and I'm totally okay with that. Bring on the world ending event, I bet it'll be a wild loving ride.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

wilderthanmild posted:

This is the guaranteed future of the AFC

That looks like a gold paved path to the Superbowl for Baltimore so sign me up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that playing musical chairs with coaches and rosters in college is detrimental to player development, just like it is for any other sport at the top levels. You’re not going to solve that at the college level, there’s too much money involved.

I do think an official developmental spring league is a good idea but you’re just piling even more mileage onto already broken bodies coming out of college.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Today is the Butt Fumble anniversary, for those who celebrate.

https://twitter.com/Boston_Diehards/status/1727343718632734838?t=lR8MkT_Kp1NvFOJ4y6w3Yw&s=19

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I maintain this was both funnier and more impactful than the butt fumble.

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1604634494245314561?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

I maintain this was both funnier and more impactful than the butt fumble.

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1604634494245314561?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

I love this moment more than anything else non-Bills related in football from the last five years but it is no but fumble.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Didn't the USFL have a partnership with the NFL pre-merger? The UFL could position itself for that if the merger works out and they keep the relationship with the NFL open

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

:negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Three Detroit teams in the bottom row, checks out. Didn't realize the Tigers were the best team in the city!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Not last! :toot:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

C-Euro posted:

Three Detroit teams in the bottom row, checks out. Didn't realize the Tigers were the best team in the city!

The Red Wings moving to the Eastern Conference didn't help.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

The Red Wings moving to the Eastern Conference didn't help.

Wait when did that happen?

Edit: ok nevermind, I forgot. I’d rather have the late games lol

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020
Irsay is hella hosed up seemingly and tweeting a lot lol

https://x.com/JimIrsay?t=gHHujq05C_vxUBiRgy_V3A&s=09

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Did...did Jim Irsay's family have a slave?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Is this a surprising revelation

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

molestrios posted:

Irsay is hella hosed up seemingly and tweeting a lot lol

https://x.com/JimIrsay?t=gHHujq05C_vxUBiRgy_V3A&s=09

Just as an FYI, that may not be visible to people without an account.

Also I guess this would explain that bizarre interview with HBO Sports except you'd think he would pick that one time not to be under the influence.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Flyers about 20 spaces further to the left than I’d have guessed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

OneMoreTime posted:

Just as an FYI, that may not be visible to people without an account.

https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/1727445111405998208

One of several that might show up. I can't even figure out his angle and how he thinks this is a good thing, like usually I can figure out an angle.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The angle is cocaine

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Nearly all Black women who were employed in the South before the civil rights era were domestic servants.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/1727445111405998208

One of several that might show up. I can't even figure out his angle and how he thinks this is a good thing, like usually I can figure out an angle.

Yeah, it almost comes off as him just relapsing or something because between that tweet and this:

https://x.com/JimIrsay/status/1727432464811819442?s=20

There's some real moon logic going on here on top of the incredibly poor grammar and sentence structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Do not even ask posted:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/m...5~1~401547653~1

So I managed to get the Patriots into the playoffs as a 4 seed. We also have 3 NFC East teams.

Only registered members can see post attachments!