Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

dr_rat posted:

In another life, if they had meet under different circumstances, I think Janeway and thaw could of been friends.

Endgame future Janeway probably kept it as a confidante while she was doing dark admiral poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Honestly I was a bit disappointed with the return of Fear Clown in Lower Decks, he didn't have the right vibe. Was just straight up slashy. But I guess that episode was pretty jam-packed, not much time to characterise the holograms.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

MikeJF posted:

Honestly I was a bit disappointed with the return of Fear Clown in Lower Decks, he didn't have the right vibe. Was just straight up slashy. But I guess that episode was pretty jam-packed, not much time to characterise the holograms.

I did appreciate Mariner calling out the fact that the Clown wasn't actually a holodeck character to begin with.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Yeah but she definitely makes him poo poo himself before he dies

She didn't even need to either she just did it for the sake of it

Yeah, regardless it does wonders to establish the Starfleet commandment of "Thou shalt not gently caress with Kathryn Motherfucking Janeway."

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

FlamingLiberal posted:

That's a good get. The book is pretty rare now since it has been out of print for a long time.

Good news! It's out as an eBook, at least Apple and Kindle.

MikeJF posted:

But I guess that episode was pretty jam-packed, not much time to characterise the holograms.

"I miss my wife" made me pause the episode for a minute because I was laughing too hard to continue.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

mllaneza posted:

Good news! It's out as an eBook, at least Apple and Kindle.
Yeah I think there was a period where you couldn't get it in eBook form though. I read it in paperback many years ago.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
you don't need to put it in spoiler tags mllaneza that's the third time you've posted it

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Spoilers, when the bar fell.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Arivia posted:

you don't need to put it in spoiler tags mllaneza that's the third time you've posted it

The exciting part is there an audiobook narrated by the author

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Soul Dentist posted:

The exciting part is there an audiobook narrated by the author

of a stitch in time? yes. of the holograms escaping voyager containment on lower decks and going "i miss my wife?" no.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Watched Past Prologue tonight.

I feel like the most important thing that happened in the episode is Garak joining the cast.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

I feel like the most important thing that happened in the episode is Garak joining the cast.

Absolutely correct.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

W.T. Fits posted:

Every episode of DS9 I watch, whenever Garak isn't on screen I'm asking "Where's Garak?:("

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And he's not even in that many, all told.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
My dear doctor, Garak is in all of the episodes.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

CPColin posted:

Even the ones he's not in?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Atlas Hugged posted:

Even the ones he's not in?

Especially the ones he's not in.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

CPColin posted:

Even the ones we can't see him in?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Aoi posted:

Decompress Main Shuttlebay

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I love The Thaw if only for Michael McKean fear clowning it up like nobody else can.

Well, probably Jim Carrey. And Christopher Lloyd. And several SNL alumni.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Oh he was definitely having fun with it.

I'm not even going to say something ridiculous like "that wasn't a Star Trek episode" because I've seen TOS and it absolutely was a loving episode of Trek. Maybe it's because I just finished watching TOS for the first time so it didn't feel like a fun throwback, but just like... more of the poo poo I was exhausted with already.

No wonder the first couple episodes of Enterprise felt like such a nice change of pace.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Audiovisual thorazine will do that to you

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
God this loving whiny rear end crew just refuses to listen to good advice. They bullied Tuvok into calling the Vidians.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Aoi posted:

You can't see him, but he can see you.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Jesus, DS9 Shattered Mirror is a headtrip opening. Jake comes home and oh hey, it's mom on the sofa with dad. No, it's not mom, just Jennifer from the Mirror Universe popping over to say hi and talk about how things are going on her end, like you do. I'm just imagining coming home and just seeing your mom back from the dead and dad treats it like she's coming over for coffee.

Sisko's loving crazy for just leaving her with his son like this doesn't send up huge red flags, too, but I guess DS9 just starts treating Mirror-Universe-hopping as something you just do.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Bad guys have to assume the Federation taking everything in good faith all the time makes them the absolute dumbest people in the galaxy.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Watched "A Man Alone" today, and what was the deal with the Bajoran guy in blue that was rabble-rousing to get Odo lynched? He spent a good chunk of the episode turning the station residents against Odo, then disappears after the lynch mob gets dispersed, and no mention is made of him after that. Was he a collaborator/accomplice of the real murderer? It feels like there was a plot point that got dropped because they ran out of time.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Its a weird early episode because its established later that the Bajorians already know who Odo is and generally respect him

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Watched "A Man Alone" today, and what was the deal with the Bajoran guy in blue that was rabble-rousing to get Odo lynched? He spent a good chunk of the episode turning the station residents against Odo, then disappears after the lynch mob gets dispersed, and no mention is made of him after that. Was he a collaborator/accomplice of the real murderer? It feels like there was a plot point that got dropped because they ran out of time.

He's sort of an accomplice; he knows Ibudan and Ibudan gets him stoked up about the possibility of Odo murdering him, so when "Ibudan" turns up dead and the culprit seems to be a shapeshifter, this guy's all set to start a riot.

I assume afterward he just quietly left the station ASAP, embarrassed as poo poo at being played like that.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MikeJF posted:

Yeah but she definitely makes him poo poo himself before he dies

She didn't even need to either she just did it for the sake of it
I don't remember this part of the Tuvix episode.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Oh hey a nice little homage to The Undiscovered Country. I'm glad I watched it last week. Always good to see (former) Yeoman Rand.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

W.T. Fits posted:

That bugged me too (I forget his name, but I think Sisko introduces him early on), but apparently there was a plan to have him be a recurring character/antagonist, but it didn't happen.

Maybe the writers figured they'd later reveal why he had it in for Odo so bad.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

he didnt like the cardassian neck trick that much

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

davidspackage posted:

That bugged me too (I forget his name, but I think Sisko introduces him early on), but apparently there was a plan to have him be a recurring character/antagonist, but it didn't happen.

Maybe the writers figured they'd later reveal why he had it in for Odo so bad.

I've not seen anything about plans to have him back, I figured he was just "generic racist rabble rouser"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Taear posted:

I've not seen anything about plans to have him back, I figured he was just "generic racist rabble rouser"

Memory Alpha isn't letting me copy paste text on my phone, but Ira Behr is quoted as saying they wrote him as a character who would be "a problem to face on a semioccurring basis."

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The devs that brought the classic TNG pinball table back to pc just announced that they have three new star trek tables coming to their game. One of them is based on DS9. I think this might be the first game exclusively based on the show in decades. https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2328760/view/3884979582876932067

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Just got done watching Babel. And thus begins Chief O'Brien's long, long stint of Suffering on Deep Space Nine.

Odo and Quark have great chemistry together, looking forward to more of their relationship as it develops over the series.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

W.T. Fits posted:

Just got done watching Babel. And thus begins Chief O'Brien's long, long stint of Suffering on Deep Space Nine.

Odo and Quark have great chemistry together, looking forward to more of their relationship as it develops over the series.

The greatest love story ever told.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Boxturret posted:

The greatest love story ever told.

Close but I'm still pretty sure that's O'Brien and Bashir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Feldegast42 posted: