Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

RocketRaygun posted:

Media Matters is a non-profit, it can't be trusted. NewsGuard is for-profit, it can't be trusted.

Only trust your fists, but Elon isn't saying that.

but we would all really, really like him to lead by example, sadly his "mummy sockpupppet" won't let him.
sigh.
E: ted snype
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTglujfkhYs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

staberind posted:

but we would all really, really like him to lead by example, sadly his "mummy sockpupppet" won't let him.
sigh.
E: ted snype
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTglujfkhYs

mummy sockpuppet is what he calls his cumsock

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

steinrokkan posted:

It's such a shame the (((Zuck))) fight didn't happen.

Yet

let's check back with an elon six mos from now desperate for public admiration on a level unprecedented

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
this is indeed a stone cold fact, that chap is desperate for any form of attention.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I swear I can feel every fiber of his desolation and isolation when Musk replies "yeah". That's what you type on the down side of a ketamine macrodose.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Cite your sources

It was one of those doom and gloom articles about 2024. I think half of this is the media trying to prop Trump up because a close race means lots more campaign ad spending.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Anyone else surprised not a single advertiser has caved since pulling out?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Rumor has it Zucks going to ambush Muks at the November 30th CurberTork release event and beat him within an inch of his life on live television.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

mannerup posted:

100% is a nerdcore rap guy

he listens to nazi covers of those history rap battle videos

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

flubber nuts posted:

Rumor has it Zucks going to ambush Muks at the November 30th CurberTork release event and beat him within an inch of his life on live television.

Real life needs more wrestling style works

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I don’t really expect them to come back, but if they paused right before Black Friday and the thanksgiving week, they probably wouldn’t have come back that fast.

Besides, most of those companies probably have off all week anyway

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
hes big fan of that sabaton song thats about the british getting fuckin murdered by the zulu that glorifies the british

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

They need at least a thin veneer of respectability to give them cover to go back.

Twitter ads have always been pretty lovely, and they're reaching less and less people every day. I think a lot of companies were including Twitter in their ad program for the same reason a lot of randos just keep using twitter, momentum. Sure their ads weren't very effective but it's One Of The Big Platforms and it's a small portion of their overall ad spend so might as well keep it going. Elon gave them all a very good reason to announce they're cancelling, with the added bonus of everyone doing it at once so they aren't going to get singled out in some hate brigade that Elon's Chuds send after them.

But say they're just suspending for optics and they are looking for an excuse to go back. Musk would have to do something like issue an apology or retraction or make the bare minimum effort of being respectable. Instead he said the companies are against free speech as is raging about suing anyone who points out all the Nazi content. He's just throwing gasoline on the dumpster fire and there's no pretense of decency for them to hide behind going back.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Not really because Twitter's been full steam ahead on their bullshit instead of just shutting the gently caress up for 5 seconds. We'll see where things are at after the weekend though

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

priznat posted:

my bets on zuck trojan horsing in the frunk of the 10th cybersex. i mean cybertruck. right when musk thinks its almost over whammo, hes instantly incapacitated by a surprise flying kick to the jaw from facebook man.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

flubber nuts posted:

a surprise flying kick to the jaw from facebook man.

That's why they were so excited about the metaverse legs!

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Thanks to all you debt explainers, it’s still weird but I’m not misunderstanding it and it’s not illegal.

Is anyone still in the running for the “pick the date Elon kills twitter / twitter shuts down”? Pretty sure I went 1st April so I was out of it long ago.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I just remembered last year's Thanksgiving tweet. I wonder if Elon's gonna pull back for a and try pretending to be a normal human being for a second by posting about flavor symphonies or whatever, or if he'll just keep up the brainless hate boosting all day.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

If we desperately have to have a Billionaire Brawl, at this point musk vs vince mcmahon might be more likely

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

stop speculating that elon doesn't like music

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/872260000491593728

ok maybe he likes the wine and ambien more, jury's still out

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

give it another two weeks and everyone of them will be back, they always are

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

I just remembered last year's Thanksgiving tweet. I wonder if Elon's gonna pull back for a and try pretending to be a normal human being for a second by posting about flavor symphonies or whatever, or if he'll just keep up the brainless hate boosting all day.

"I love Thanksgiving Dinner, it makes my heart taste!" -Elon Musk

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

There was a vehicle explosion on the US side of the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls. The border crossing was temporarily shut down. It may have been a Tesla

https://twitter.com/xXJeped0Xx/status/1727394960897442196?s=20

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

ben shapino posted:

stop speculating that elon doesn't like music

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/872260000491593728

ok maybe he likes the wine and ambien more, jury's still out

I too am a fan of the "vintage record" genre

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

shyduck posted:

There was a vehicle explosion on the US side of the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls. The border crossing was temporarily shut down. It may have been a Tesla

eye witnesses claim it was ripping down the road at 100mph and then blew up like a fireball

genuinely can't believe it could be either a car bomb or a tesla out of control lmfao

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

shyduck posted:

The universe is not actually funny enough to give us "Suspected terrorist attack was actually a Tesla self destruction" news.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Tucker's starting to turn into Trump.

I don't mean in what he says, he's starting to look like him now.

For as much money as this goober has, you would think he'd be able to afford a haircut. I can cut my own hair better than whatever he's got going on here.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

ImpAtom posted:

The universe is not actually funny enough to give us "Suspected terrorist attack was actually a Tesla self destruction" news.

isn't it though? Have you seen the universe lately?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
the tesla detected what it considered unacceptable levels of woke in canada and decided to kill itself

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
or it detected too much water vapor in the air from the water fall and autokilled.

"weather too different from CA weather, terminate"

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
The NFL gonna be the last ones to leave.

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

ymgve posted:

the tesla detected what it considered unacceptable levels of woke in canada and decided to kill itself

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

autopilot tried to convert miles to kilometers and it exploded

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

#sports? :(

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Elon Musk: Terrorist

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Website dying
Hate speech flying
Lawsuits lying
Telsas frying

Everything's comin' up Elon, baby!

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

rotinaj posted:

His favorite band is this group of white rappers who go by Captain Dan and his Scurvy Crew…

https://youtu.be/OtUQNxp02mE?si=t55wfy6xFfJ7Psby

Does Sat High still post here? I don't even remember his username anymore. Between this and the TLO Roll Call he'll always be a legend to me.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Website dying
Hate speech flying
Lawsuits lying
Telsas frying

Everything's comin' up Elon, baby!

Don’t forget rocket exploding

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I like how the theories are either terrorism or a Tesla doing Tesla things, and they're both credible

edit: one is credible

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1727412513107779929

shyduck fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 22, 2023

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Tesla: "Can I copy your homework?"
SpaceX: "Sure just don't make it too obvious"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

rotinaj posted:

If we desperately have to have a Billionaire Brawl, at this point musk vs vince mcmahon might be more likely

on the one hand, Vince is a fair bit older and more frail

on the other, he's a steroid elemental whose brain might even be wormier than Musk's

my money's on "whoever loses, we win"