Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1727388451383747017?s=20

Lot of good stuff in here they finally remembered apotheosis veil exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

haveblue posted:

Lol if you care about that. The galaxy will be saved by a colorblind clown

didnt know that about SaltyGreppo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Ability Changes Coming Next Week

Here’s a preview of the coming sandbox tuning in Season of the Wish and beyond. To set the stage, let’s lay out our overall goals for this release:

Ensuring that abilities (particularly those in our longer cooldown tiers) are meeting our intended cost-to-output ratio.
Reducing cases of player survivability that exceed our power bar.
Making first steps at Well of Radiance and Ward of Dawn tuning.
Taking a tuning pass on Stasis abilities, with more to come in the future.

RIP in peace Strand Titan

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They heavily nerfed using bonk hammers to chunk down bosses, but they also made it even more powerful/funny to use severance enclosure on a crowd, so bonk titan remains a land of contrasts

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looks like for Strand, Syntho has less damage with surrounded, no lunge enhancement anymore, BoW takes longer to charge up, and Woven Mail is weaker

At least I got my GMs mostly done lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Solo Operative is also back, which I guess means it's now officially a tradition to put it in the last season* of a year so everyone can clean up the solo clears that were too intimidating before

*or last episode going forward, I guess

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ime if Bungie wants to nerf strand titan they just need to use the stupid Grounded modifier on every activity

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
drat those are some hefty Titan nerfs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should just delete Titan

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

About the only thing I like in there is Peregrine Greaves getting something to make them worth using in PVE lol, though with the other nerfs I don't think I want to shoulder charge a champ or boss in a GM or anything

It's weird because I was chatting with a bunch of people this season about it and basically everyone agreed it needed one of those nerfs (Syntho is p fair except the lunge not existing anymore, that was half the point), but the triple crown there is pretty lol. Guess we'll see how it works out. I was going to buy a Syntho ornament because I had leftover silver too lmao

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 22, 2023

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Buffing Severance Enclosure and then nerfing Throwing Hammer in the same breath, Bungie why must you toy with my emotions like this? :smith:

I wonder if Melee Kickstart will alleviate some of that new cooldown.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I don't mind them reigning in survivability as long as there is a commensurate change in encounter design. Altar/Spire/Deep moved towards big open areas with a million enemies + shriekers so if you weren't running an OP build in the harder versions you'd just get shredded. I'm just worried that the new dungeon is designed around our current capabilities and not the nerf we're receiving.

Also, the cool down on orb generation is horrible.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also it's kind of funny they nerfed "player survivability", want to encourage less long-range plinking, and also the only anti-barrier besides intrinsics will be sidearms

Godspeed, Forerunners. Good thing I still have my old last dance and an adept buzzard now lol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

My little experience with GMs and some other pieces of hard content is "staying in the furthest corner of the room and plinking away at enemies until it's safe" so I dont really understand taking a nerf bat to the handful of builds that let you get into the thick of it.

Hackan Slash posted:

I don't mind them reigning in survivability as long as there is a commensurate change in encounter design. Altar/Spire/Deep moved towards big open areas with a million enemies + shriekers so if you weren't running an OP build in the harder versions you'd just get shredded. I'm just worried that the new dungeon is designed around our current capabilities and not the nerf we're receiving.

Also, the cool down on orb generation is horrible.
and yeah, it feels like a few too many recent encounters revolve around endless enemies where you don't really have any viable cover.

RBA Starblade posted:

Also it's kind of funny they nerfed "player survivability", want to encourage less long-range plinking, and also the only anti-barrier besides intrinsics will be sidearms
Season of the Wish(ender)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Oxyclean posted:

My little experience with GMs and some other pieces of hard content is "staying in the furthest corner of the room and plinking away at enemies until it's safe" so I dont really understand taking a nerf bat to the handful of builds that let you get into the thick of it.

it's like the ability recharge timer adjustments. you can't let the player have too much fun

e: real talk, giving the player the ability to be effortlessly invulnerable teaches them bad habits that they take into hard content. lots of pubs get murked and go "???? wtf game" because they expected their eazy cheezy builds to keep them alive instead of doing things like 'using cover'

of course half the time these high durability builds are what make hard content tolerable in the first place, but destiny's balance is a loving mess for a lot of reasons and there's no one easily identifiable problem source

Kith fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 22, 2023

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Pretty pumped for the radiant / precision / ignition stuff in the artifact

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Man I was already hesitant about playing destiny's new season and all these nerfs make that even worse. I'm sure other people are happy cause it means we have to shoot guns again but I liked being able to just ability spam my way through life.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it's honestly loving baffling that destiny's major claim to fame is that it's a game where you get to be a gun wizard and yet they keep downplaying the wizard part

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Firepower, Heavy Handed and Reaper are gonna all get their asses kicked (especially Reaper, whoof), I would appreciate a reduction from 3 energy to 2.

Rest of the nerfs seem tough, but fine. A lot of that stuff was too strong and needed to get reigned in.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kith posted:

it's honestly loving baffling that destiny's major claim to fame is that it's a game where you get to be a gun wizard and yet they keep downplaying the wizard part

I still remember pre-launch how they downplayed everything hard in favor of sightlines and plinking in pvp and everyone, including the esports crowd they were wooing, begged them to not do this

Then they did that and launched lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The mod about taken and Scorn damage makes me think there won't be too many Barrier Champs to worry about

Tommy's matchbook has so much insane synergy with all 3 classes and multiple subclasses and exotics next season, yowza

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The mod about taken and Scorn damage makes me think there won't be too many Barrier Champs to worry about

Well that and there's some really easy ways into Radiant and Unraveling via the artifact.

But yes, I'm far more concerned about Overload Chieftains and Hobgoblins next season. Plinking away at those guys with an auto rifle is gonna suck butt.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Overload rockets better OHK a champion without a stun even in GMs because a weapon with 7 rounds and a 4 second reload ain't it for anti overload

Oh yeah also they all teleport so good luck on that rocket!!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm just going to use Thunderlord lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Overload rockets better OHK a champion without a stun even in GMs because a weapon with 7 rounds and a 4 second reload ain't it for anti overload

Oh yeah also they all teleport so good luck on that rocket!!!

Maybe they're expecting players to use that mod in conjunction with things like Cenotaph and Aeons. If you're gonna get your rockets back from killing champions via your exotic armor, using them as your main source of stunning and killing champions is just simplifying things.

Unless they teleport out of the way of every single rocket, which, uh, mildly nervous about that.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Season of the Whiff

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I understand why they did what they did, but it still is bumming me out. A vast majority of my builds are based around orb generation and ability regeneration. Feels like I am going to have to rework every build I have on every character again :smith:.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mesadoram posted:

I understand why they did what they did, but it still is bumming me out. A vast majority of my builds are based around orb generation and ability regeneration. Feels like I am going to have to rework every build I have on every character again :smith:.

You're going to be causing Ignition chains nonstop based on your Primary weapon alone. I think we'll be way more powerful even with fewer orbs and longer passive cooldowns

Not to mention getting Radiant for free even if you're running strand subclass!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You're going to be causing Ignition chains nonstop based on your Primary weapon alone. I think we'll be way more powerful even with fewer orbs and longer passive cooldowns

Not to mention getting Radiant for free even if you're running strand subclass!

One of my favorite builds was a Titan with Tommy's (https://dim.gg/gde6jxa/Beta). So I think I will be main'ing my titan next season.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

The nerfs seem to be relatively small. 10% off Woven Mail, 5 Hp less to Restoration regain rate (or 15 less at x2), Banner just taking longer to rev up and leaving the heal rate and damage untouched.

All in all it sounds pretty tame to me, not "I have go back to standing in the back with my scout rifle" levels of nerfs

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

SgtSteel91 posted:

The nerfs seem to be relatively small. 10% off Woven Mail, 5 Hp less to Restoration regain rate (or 15 less at x2), Banner just taking longer to rev up and leaving the heal rate and damage untouched.

All in all it sounds pretty tame to me, not "I have go back to standing in the back with my scout rifle" levels of nerfs

Hammer was made next to useless.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SgtSteel91 posted:

All of the survivability nerfs are pretty legit, that stuff all needed to be reigned in. I'm more concerned about the overall hit to the ability energy and orb economy. Also because this is another season with nothing in the artifact reducing the energy costs of anything relevant.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Panderfringe posted:

Hammer was made next to useless.

Hyperbole, you can't just stand next to that one Titan Hive Boss in Ghosts of the Deep throwing hammers at him for the whole DPS phase.

Even then, the loop of throwing the hammer, taking out your One-Two Punch shotgun, aiming down sights and shooting to get all the pellets to hit and activate the perk takes about as long as it will take to get your hammer back

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Thanks for another balance update, Saltagreppo!

At least being able to use Solo Operative without taking up your class item mods will be cool.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"The Ghosts of the Deep bosses will take a bit longer to kill now"

Ah excellent

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"The Ghosts of the Deep bosses will take a bit longer to kill now*”

Ah excellent

*If you use the same old Synthocepts Bonk Hammer build.

I’m sure someone is going to come up with a replacement solo Titan DPS build

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ah excellent

Glad to hear they are listening to the community.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ah excellent

Looking forward to the next dungeon's boss, Taniks the Eternal

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RBA Starblade posted:

Looking forward to the next dungeon's boss, Taniks the Eternal

Taniks, the Butcher of Blaviken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah, for most players who just have one average build that generally improves everything a little, this sucks.

It's baffling after the amount of feedback that's been like 'everyone hates long recharge times, vanilla sucked because recharge times were too long, player feedback seems to show the cooldown reduction is really popular,' and then someone still somehow manages to pipe up in a meeting with 'what if we nerfed cooldown reduction though' and not get wedgied out of the room.