Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

They never really say what's normal, just what's hosed up and weird

:thunk:

I guess if you're not willing to expose that, theres no reason to endure such projections

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 01:54 on Nov 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Inspector Hound posted:

Make the army guy say aliens are real

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

i got you homie

oh no

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
did anyone say madness was a bad quality???? ill fight them

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

i for one want the ayyliens to be adorably incomprehensible

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Hey everyone, I love you all and I love this thread so I asked our benevolent overlord Jazerus and my friend Prag if I could be the IK for the thread (not that it needs a lot of monitoring) but I really want to make sure it keeps the vibe it has and they have both agreed. If anyone has any questions comments or concerns or doesn't want me to be I honestly ask you to say something. Essentially nothing will change (I haven't seen any reason to probate anyone for...as long as I've been here?) but this thread is special to me (outside of bird talk) and I suspect a number of you too and it means a lot to me so I want to protect it. Jaz monitors it well and participates but I feel that it wouldn't hurt to have more eyes on it just in case. Love y'all bird thread.

6xer me

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

smarxist posted:

i got you homie

hello

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Hey everyone, I love you all and I love this thread so I asked our benevolent overlord Jazerus and my friend Prag if I could be the IK for the thread (not that it needs a lot of monitoring) but I really want to make sure it keeps the vibe it has and they have both agreed. If anyone has any questions comments or concerns or doesn't want me to be I honestly ask you to say something. Essentially nothing will change (I haven't seen any reason to probate anyone for...as long as I've been here?) but this thread is special to me (outside of bird talk) and I suspect a number of you too and it means a lot to me so I want to protect it. Jaz monitors it well and participates but I feel that it wouldn't hurt to have more eyes on it just in case. Love y'all bird thread.

as long as the probe reasons/pics are funny

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

With this:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

smarxist posted:

i got you homie

perfect for a sixer!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Sleekly posted:

as long as the probe reasons/pics are funny

This is the most important part of the job

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:raise:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

please dont do "comedy" probes

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Fine by me. I haven't seen anybody Kramer in and NDT it up in a while, but if they do may I suggest you let them get dunked on and only step in if they don't take the hint and keep making GBS threads up the thread? One of my favorite things about this thread is when somebody pops in to tell us how big their brain is and gets absolutely bodied and never comes back.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

D-Pad posted:

Fine by me. I haven't seen anybody Kramer in and NDT it up in a while, but if they do may I suggest you let them get dunked on and only step in if they don't take the hint and keep making GBS threads up the thread? One of my favorite things about this thread is when somebody pops in to tell us how big their brain is and gets absolutely bodied and never comes back.

What's better is if they come back with a more accepting mind and love of birds

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Sleekly posted:

perfect for a sixer!

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

jupiters been very bright in the evenings lately and not a big fan of having roman god names pop up in my head when i look at the sky so i looked up older names:

quote:

Other ancient names for Jupiter include Brhaspati (Sanskrit), Tzedek (Hebrew), Muxing (meaning "Star of Wood" in Mandarin) and Mushtari (Arabic), according to The Nine Planets.May 14, 2022

star of wood is a dope idea but i think mushtari seems easiest to remember so gonna go w that for a while

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i treat ndts coming into this thread like libertarians coming into the d&d libertarian thread, you have to let them bang their cymbals together like a little monkey for everyone's amusement for a while before pressing a button

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Charlatan Eschaton posted:

jupiters been very bright in the evenings lately and not a big fan of having roman god names pop up in my head when i look at the sky so i looked up older names:

star of wood is a dope idea but i think mushtari seems easiest to remember so gonna go w that for a while

Marduk :hai:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

all non believers go ahead and post I promise that u will not face any administrative terrorism

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
the new Bill Watterson storybook thing he recently released is extremely bird thread themed (though nothing to do with UFOs). as someone who was shaped by Calvin and Hobbes growing up I thought it was very cute.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Listened to the Ryan Graves interview with the Vanderberg big red rectangle UAP witness and it turns out he's not actually a witness, he never saw the craft and says multiple times over the episode that his memory is faulty and people he thought were there were not :shepicide: also he's a cop lol maybe not the most reliable of stories

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Jazerus posted:

i treat ndts coming into this thread like libertarians coming into the d&d libertarian thread, you have to let them bang their cymbals together like a little monkey for everyone's amusement for a while before pressing a button

D&D is a shithole

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

https://x.com/qertscience/status/1727319671895216445?t=rwM7286CIAm1UwOdx9ob1Q&s=03

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Please don't use demonic terms itt

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

uhh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

love the Lynch hallway at the end

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

The Demilich posted:

D&D is a shithole

yes but the libertarian thread was very funny in its day. probably not good now lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

seems legit imo.

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

is this real?????

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Lol That it's wearing a little diapey

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

im ontologically shocked rn

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

More like gynecologically shocked

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Cabo update. Been watching what appears to be a bird for about 30 minutes now. The view here over the water is insane and the house has a pair of 80x20 binoculars so I busted them out to look at the moon/planets/stars. I saw with my naked eye what appeared to be a very faint star I could barely see. When I found it with the binocs I thought it must be an airplane as it was rapidly cycling between red/green/blue colors except it hasn't changed position in the sky for over 30 minutes now. It's periodically dimming and brightening as well. My rational brain wants to tell me it's just a star but I've looked at quite a few others to compare and none of them look like this or are flickering colors as this one is or are changing brightness. It just looks like it's a UFO parked way up in the atmosphere stationary over the Pacific ocean strobing its colored lights. My wife's uncle also has been watching it with me and agrees it's not a star/airplane/satellite etc.

Huh

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

D-Pad posted:

Cabo update. Been watching what appears to be a bird for about 30 minutes now. The view here over the water is insane and the house has a pair of 80x20 binoculars so I busted them out to look at the moon/planets/stars. I saw with my naked eye what appeared to be a very faint star I could barely see. When I found it with the binocs I thought it must be an airplane as it was rapidly cycling between red/green/blue colors except it hasn't changed position in the sky for over 30 minutes now. It's periodically dimming and brightening as well. My rational brain wants to tell me it's just a star but I've looked at quite a few others to compare and none of them look like this or are flickering colors as this one is or are changing brightness. It just looks like it's a UFO parked way up in the atmosphere stationary over the Pacific ocean strobing its colored lights. My wife's uncle also has been watching it with me and agrees it's not a star/airplane/satellite etc.

Huh

Rig up some kinda contraption to record

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've seen that phenomenon a bunch of times from low elevation, it was always Cygnus or some other star with atmospheric interference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Cram your phone into the binoculars they'd be fine