Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Let's see how that Cybertruck looks after a few minutes on a bumpy road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

E the Shaggy posted:

The Newsguard article has dropped and I guess Elon is going to have to sue them to because they also found ads next to Nazi tweets and fake stories about dead babies:

https://www.newsguardtech.com/misinformation-monitor/november-2023/

Pure evil

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

NERV

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

Let's see how that Cybertruck looks after a few minutes on a bumpy road.

Fake news, the reporter had to drive it for 13 minutes in order to be able to photograph everything falling apart.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Just because I'm not sure it's been called out, during all this Drama with OpenAI ousting their CEO Musk posted

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1726989224073896365

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1726542015087927487

I'm pretty sure he was trying to imply he was the puppet master behind all that bullshit, which resulted in the whole company threatening to quit, Altman being reinstated, the whole board fired: https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/22/23967223/sam-altman-returns-ceo-open-ai

Musked again!

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

There's a Tesla dealership down the road from me, I want to go see if they have one of these beasts

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

E the Shaggy posted:

The Newsguard article has dropped and I guess Elon is going to have to sue them to because they also found ads next to Nazi tweets and fake stories about dead babies:

Concerning

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

E the Shaggy posted:

lmao

Newsguard posted:

In response to NewsGuard’s emailed questions about NewsGuard’s findings and the ads appearing in the feeds below tweets advancing misinformation, X’s press office sent an automated response: “Busy now, please check back later.”

On Nov. 21, after NewsGuard reached out to X about this report, Musk tweeted: “X Corp will be donating all revenue from advertising & subscriptions associated with the war in Gaza to hospitals in Israel and the Red Cross/Crescent in Gaza.” It is not clear what Musk meant by “revenue from advertising & subscriptions associated with the war in Gaza,” nor did he comment on many or all of these account holders sharing in X’s revenues for spreading misinformation. In response to NewsGuard’s inquiry on Nov. 22 asking for clarification about Musk’s announcement, X’s press office again replied with an automated response.

[...]

For example, NewsGuard found 22 ads for major organizations on three tweets posted by Jackson Hinkle advancing false claims about the war that did not feature a Community Note. Hinkle is a commentator who describes himself as an “American Conservative Marxist-Leninist” and has spread dozens of false and misleading claims about the war, NewsGuard has determined.

Ads for Oracle, Pizza Hut, and Anker, among others, were shown to NewsGuard analysts below a tweet posted by Hinkle on Oct. 12, 2023, that advanced the false claim that Daily Wire podcast host Ben Shapiro used artificial intelligence to generate an image of a child killed by Hamas. Hinkle’s tweet received 22 million views as of Nov. 20.

“Holy sh*t,” Hinkle said. “The image that Ben Shapiro tried to pass off as a ‘burnt baby corpse’ was an AI-generated fake image!”

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh no are they losing #pizzahut next???

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Conservative Marxist Leninist is a random grab bag of words

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The more people leave, the more anyone who stays looks like they're Supporting Twitter rather than just doing normal business stuff, meaning the risk to their brand increases.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Conservative Marxist Leninist is a random grab bag of words
From what I can tell that guy is a right wing grifter who makes some posts to try and convince some left-leaning people he actually cares about our issues

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

WhyteRyce posted:

Oh no are they losing #pizzahut next???

Pizza Hut can stay, lovely racists deserve lovely pizza

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Imagine saying the quiet part so loud even a Fox company is backing off and telling Elon to take it down a notch.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

From what I can tell that guy is a right wing grifter who makes some posts to try and convince some left-leaning people he actually cares about our issues

He's just a lunatic brown Naz bol

They are pretty standard from the Infrared corner of "extremely online" leftism

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Jackson Hinkle was on Infowars recently iirc, as Knowledge Fight covered the episode.

Dude is nazbol adjacent with a tankie garnish. One of the dumbest people I’ve ever heard and he fakes a weird pseudo north east working class accent. The way he says Alexander Dugin as Alexandah Doogin is hilarious.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm going to crush the woke liberals with my cybertruck. And if they try to shoot me with subsonic ammunition it's bulletproof.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Waiting for Elon to go directly after advertisers for defaming him by not advertising on his totally normal platform. It’s gotta be close.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1727493310606954897?s=20
lmao hell yes advertisers are gonna love this

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
he's going to bring up Q during his minimum obligatory holiday dinner hours and when his kids say cringe he's going to try to save face and say joking.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
What’s Kanye up to these days?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I clicked on the original tweet and man it is so stupid there is no headline or blurb on what the link is actually about. Just absolutely moronic.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

3 of the 30 posts newsguard looked at were from the csam guy elon personally unbanned who we already know is getting paid ad dollars.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

snorch posted:

What’s Kanye up to these days?

he saw a Jonah Hill movie and said " i forgive da jews".

oh and his school is closing and he might be getting sued.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

priznat posted:

I clicked on the original tweet and man it is so stupid there is no headline or blurb on what the link is actually about. Just absolutely moronic.
this is the context

Reuters posted:

Nov 22 (Reuters) - Ahead of OpenAI CEO Sam Altman’s four days in exile, several staff researchers sent the board of directors a letter warning of a powerful artificial intelligence discovery that they said could threaten humanity, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The previously unreported letter and AI algorithm was a key development ahead of the board's ouster of Altman, the poster child of generative AI, the two sources said. Before his triumphant return late Tuesday, more than 700 employees had threatened to quit and join backer Microsoft (MSFT.O) in solidarity with their fired leader.

The sources cited the letter as one factor among a longer list of grievances by the board that led to Altman’s firing. Reuters was unable to review a copy of the letter. The researchers who wrote the letter did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

According to one of the sources, long-time executive Mira Murati mentioned the project, called Q*, to employees on Wednesday and said that a letter was sent to the board prior to this weekend's events.

After the story was published, an OpenAI spokesperson said Murati told employees what media were about to report, but she did not comment on the accuracy of the reporting.

The maker of ChatGPT had made progress on Q* (pronounced Q-Star), which some internally believe could be a breakthrough in the startup's search for superintelligence, also known as artificial general intelligence (AGI), one of the people told Reuters. OpenAI defines AGI as AI systems that are smarter than humans.

Given vast computing resources, the new model was able to solve certain mathematical problems, the person said on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on behalf of the company. Though only performing math on the level of grade-school students, acing such tests made researchers very optimistic about Q*’s future success, the source said.

Reuters could not independently verify the capabilities of Q* claimed by the researchers.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

mannerup posted:

:chord:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

mannerup posted:

this is the context

quote:

several staff researchers sent the board of directors a letter warning of a powerful artificial intelligence discovery that they said could threaten humanity, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

I swear AI researches are all just smoking meth 24/7. What god drat paranoid freaks, just like chill the hell out already.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon is bringing back headlines in tweets lol
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1727500747711852560?t=_MjIfIM52DQwAMHBSX64qQ&s=19

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Nah it's actually part of the belt mechanic in Diablo IV, note that it's in the upper potion.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
I went back a few pages and didn't see anything like this, sorry if I'm accidentally plagiarizing.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Surprised the twat isn’t charging extra for it

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/themboydeerdog/status/1727406868782526904?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1727503522416271835?s=20

masterful gambit, sir

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does that little Malaysian dude always talk like that? loving robot.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

holy poo poo they invented a computer that can do math

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

holy poo poo they invented a computer that can do math
"only performing math on the level of grade-school students"

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

morningdrew posted:

There's a Tesla dealership down the road from me, I want to go see if they have one of these beasts

Gotta go before they move them to the corner of shame with the "robot"

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

dr_rat posted:

I swear AI researches are all just smoking meth 24/7. What god drat paranoid freaks, just like chill the hell out already.

I'm less worried about a super powerful ai killing us out of malice than I am an incredibly stupid one doing it because a salesman lied to the government about what it's good at

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mannerup posted:

lmfao

"Tesla silences critics with Cybertruck’s immaculate build quality and perfect panel gaps, delivers it to more showrooms before Black Friday"

"But this time Tesla is not going to give a chance to critics to raise their fingers on the build quality of the Cybertruck. Looking at the pictures and videos of the latest Cybertrucks, especially this 8K video, Tesla has done a marvelous job in improving the fit and finish of early VIN Cybertrucks."

"The one we saw at the San Diego-UTC Tesla showroom earlier this week had the same perfect build quality and fit and finish."

“The model [Cybertruck] right here was immaculate,” Raj said. “Every panel was aligned perfectly, all the corners were rounded, I am more excited about my Cybertruck than I was ever before because this looks absolutely beautiful,” he added to his statement."

Tesla intentionally made the test cubertrucks lovely so they could impress everyone with the final quality level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mannerup posted:

:sickos: Do it, Elong, follow the white rabbit. Take another extra big hit of ketamine and see where it leads you.