Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
In the first Guardians movie they were all after a big blue box. They should go find that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

In the first Guardians movie they were all after a big blue box. They should go find that again.

Excuse me, in the first Guardians they were after a small purple orb. A purb.

The big blue box (biblox) was in CapAm1 and Avengers 1 and 2.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The new mystery Karate Kid movie has been revealed to star both Jackie Chan and Ralph Macchio and be set in the Cobra Kai-verse and YOU can audition to be the star.

Okay maybe your kid can audition but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MR1HPas-VA

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

The new mystery Karate Kid movie has been revealed to star both Jackie Chan and Ralph Macchio and be set in the Cobra Kai-verse and YOU can audition to be the star.

Okay maybe your kid can audition but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MR1HPas-VA
I kept wondering how the show was still on. I’ve read synopses from it and it sounds far more insane than the third movie which is saying something.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So the star of the last two Scream movies has been fired from the upcoming sequel for criticism of the Israeli siege of Gaza.

quote:

Melissa Barrera is no longer starring in Scream VII. The actor was dropped from the project after a series of social media posts in the wake of the Israel-Hamas War.

“Gaza is currently being treated like a concentration camp,” she wrote in one post on Instagram stories. “Cornering everyone together, with no where to go, no electricity no water … People have learnt nothing from our histories. And just like our histories, people are still silently watching it all happen. THIS IS GENOCIDE & ETHNIC CLEANSING.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/melissa-barrera-fired-scream-vii-1235669458/

It was also reported that Susan Sarandon has been dropped by her talent agency as well for speaking at a pro-Palestinian rally on November 17th.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What a stupid loving future when you can lose your career for being upset about women and children being bombed

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Elvis as a cool motorcycle guy seems like a movie people would like to see and Disney can't even be arsed making it a Hulu exclusive

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1726782459662987474

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Professor Shark posted:

What a stupid loving future when you can lose your career for being upset about women and children being bombed

Hard to imagine how stupid 2001-2003 would have been if social media was really a thing. This is almost as bad though.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
no reason to watch scream vii then

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
The agent discovering Susan Sarandon is politically active must have been in a coma for 30 years. And The Bikeriders is good, and considering the stacked cast it's insane Disney don't want to give it a theatrical release.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Scream 6 was great and a lot of it was owed to Melissa Barrera. gently caress them for firing her for pointing out what's going on

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Carpet posted:

The agent discovering Susan Sarandon is politically active must have been in a coma for 30 years.
She had been with that agency for almost 10 years, so I'm not sure why this is the thing that was too much, if they were easily upset.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
27 years into a franchise and revealing that the killer was Zionism all along is a pretty surprising move, I have to say

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

So the star of the last two Scream movies has been fired from the upcoming sequel for criticism of the Israeli siege of Gaza.

It was also reported that Susan Sarandon has been dropped by her talent agency as well for speaking at a pro-Palestinian rally on November 17th.

Looks like a role just opened up for Amy Schumer

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Suprisingly Tom Cruise has been supporting (at least one) person fired for supporting Palestine.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1727084980835430869

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Oh wow this is loving pathetic:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1727125140960694480

He deleted it already.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
We don't release movies anymore, we release actors

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Grendels Dad posted:

We don't release movies anymore, we release actors

Well I really sure hope they don't start locking actors away, never to be seen again, for tax reasons.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Fear not. We will create them from scratch and they won’t have rights

Chairman Capone posted:

Suprisingly Tom Cruise has been supporting (at least one) person fired for supporting Palestine.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1727084980835430869

https://twitter.com/kieronjbryan/status/1727093015616098414?s=46&t=lbKxPpxJyMeDN0i-nFAg4A

Lmao

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There was a lot of discussion yesterday when Spyglass fired Melissa Barrera what was going to happen with the other Scream star, Jenna Ortega. Well she won’t be back either but it seems like that has to do with money.

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1727388768888553537?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

FlamingLiberal posted:

There was a lot of discussion yesterday when Spyglass fired Melissa Barrera what was going to happen with the other Scream star, Jenna Ortega. Well she won’t be back either but it seems like that has to do with money.

I mean the timing suggests it's just rear end-covering after their actual bankable star just bailed, but who knows

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The report is that this was decided some time ago but had not been public until today

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Carpet posted:

The agent discovering Susan Sarandon is politically active must have been in a coma for 30 years. And The Bikeriders is good, and considering the stacked cast it's insane Disney don't want to give it a theatrical release.

The specific comment that got her in trouble seems to have been “There are a lot of people afraid of being Jewish at this time, and are getting a taste of what it feels like to be a Muslim in this country.”

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Silver2195 posted:

The specific comment that got her in trouble seems to have been “There are a lot of people afraid of being Jewish at this time, and are getting a taste of what it feels like to be a Muslim in this country.”

Pretty fair point

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Her comment wasn't the greatest, but there are currently members of the Israeli government on TV there openly plotting ethnic cleansing. In comparison what she said was pretty tame.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Is the ‘stars presenting to be in the same room but failing’ genre so oversarurated that it’s not worth commenting on?

They’re not even trying, the closeups of Macchio would have Jackie’s shoulder in them if they even bothered looking at the mids.

Unsurprisingly Macchio does a worse job of selling this than Jackie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LOL if Spyglass knew Ortega is leaving and then fired their other Scream lead anyway.

Ortega herself seems to supportive of Barrera in her IG stories. This was inevitable.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

FlamingLiberal posted:

The report is that this was decided some time ago but had not been public until today

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1711498942343504039
Peep the date. Unless there's insane drama with this actress behind the scenes, I really don't buy the "she was always getting dropped and they just jumped on an excuse" story

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

jenna has a savethechildren slash gaza link in her bio lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

the part of Samantha and Tara will now be played by Gal Gadot and Amy Schumer

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

jenna has a savethechildren slash gaza link in her bio lol
Oof

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Ortega was reported to be cancelling her contract this morning and the sources that Deadline and THR are reporting are anonymous. It’s almost certain that Spyglass saw the way the wind was blowing and are trying to build a narrative that the reason Ortega is leaving doesn’t have to do with Barrera.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My preference for latinas vindicated again.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

The MSJ posted:

My preference for latinas vindicated again.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

creepy

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Pirate Jet posted:

Ortega was reported to be cancelling her contract this morning and the sources that Deadline and THR are reporting are anonymous. It’s almost certain that Spyglass saw the way the wind was blowing and are trying to build a narrative that the reason Ortega is leaving doesn’t have to do with Barrera.

Yeah, Spyglass might want to spin this as an actress denying her fans a movie out of gread, it's a narrative studios have tried (and failed) to get going in connection with the strike.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They already did that with Neve. They're trying to spin the Ortega thing as her being too busy.

That franchise is gonna have a hard time recovering since they've pissed off their old and new fans now with how they've treated the lead actresses.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s especially jarring for a series that’s pretty well known for getting all the actors back for every film until part VI.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope neve demands double what she was asking for the last movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

They probably got pretty full of themselves after kicking Neve to the curb didn't seem to impact the box office at all