Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

CirclMastr posted:

Also I made my first attempt at a jeweled canopy. It honestly came out better than I was expecting.

It is very nice! One small trick with jewelling is the lower white highlight follows the edge of the glass/lens while the top specular highlight in the dark bit is a dot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

CirclMastr posted:

Also I made my first attempt at a jeweled canopy. It honestly came out better than I was expecting.

Looks good! The highlight gives it a nice sense of depth.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
Thank you, Scintilla, for confirming LOS and arcs at 0922. Time to start sending AC/5 ammo down range. Orders Submitted.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Snow_Scar_[3901]: Turn 4

A series of hollow thuds echoed through the woods as Tsing unleashed the Dervish’s full complement of missiles against the Sentinel. He pivoted as he fired, sweeping the mech’s launchers back and forth in an attempt to fully saturate the Fusilier mech’s position. Fire blossomed as stray warheads chewed through tree trunks and punched into the frozen ground, sending fragments of bark and plumes of dirt and powdered snow high into the air. Heat warnings flashed inside the cockpit, but Tsing kept his finger firmly on the trigger, confident that the freezing arctic winds would prevent his mech from overheating.

As smoke and vaporised soil obscured his visuals Tsing ceased the bombardment and switched back to thermals. The Sentinel had left the woods and was moving south at a rapid pace. It was impossible to tell whether any of Tsing’s missiles had hit, but even if they hadn’t it hardly mattered. He had succeeded in flushing the enemy mech out of cover, which had been his primary goal to begin with. Without the protection of the forest, the Sentinel would be easy prey for Kai-xi and Anna’s guns.

While he waited for his missiles to reload Tsing ran a quick diagnostic on the Dervish’s launchers and ammunition feeds. Hot-loading LRMs was always a gamble – pre-emptively arming the warheads allowed him to engage targets at much closer ranges than normal, but the increased volatility meant that any problems with the launch assembly could have explosive repercussions. Despite his reputation as a daredevil, disengaging intrinsic safety mechanisms wasn’t something Tsing did lightly, even in the consequence-free environment they were currently fighting in.

After a heartbeat pause the DI computer gave both launchers a clean bill of health, and Tsing relaxed a little. Running a diagnostic after every barrage wasn’t practical, but a quick check every now and then would help put his mind at ease.

Dervish DV-6M (Player) is running after turning on pavement: must pass a piloting test to avoid skidding. Needs 4, rolls 7: Succeeds!

Weapons fire for Dervish DV-6M (Player):
-Fires LRM-10 at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 11, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 11, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires SRM-2 at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 11, rolls 2: Misses!
-Fires SRM-2 at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 11, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-3R (Player):
-Fires PPC at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 11, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires AC/5 at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 11, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires SRM-4 at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5S (Player):
-Holds fire!

--

Weapons fire for Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers):
-Fires PPC at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 10, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits! Narrow Profile imposes -4 malus: number of missile hits reduced to 6! Marauder MAD-3R (Player) takes 5 damage to Right Torso (12/17 Armour remaining) and 1 damage to Centre Torso (34/35 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
-Fires Large Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 7, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires Small Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 7, rolls 9: Hits Right Torso! Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) takes 3 damage to Right Torso, 11/14 Armour remaining.
-Fires SRM-2 at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 7, rolls 9: 1 Missile Hits! Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) takes 2 damage to Right Torso, 9/14 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/5 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 9, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires SRM-6 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 11, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 11, rolls 10: Misses!

Physical attacks for Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player):
-Pushes Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 4: Misses!

--

Physical attacks for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
-Kicks Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 7, rolls 5: Misses!

Subtracting 2 heat from all units due to Arctic Conditions…

Dervish DV-6M (Player) gains 12 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Marauder MAD-3R (Player) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) gains 9 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Thunderbolt TDR-5S (Player) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

--

Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) gains 13 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Piloting checks for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
Missed a Kick; needs 6, rolls 10: Succeeds!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Evasive Action: By forfeiting the right to fire during the shooting phase, the pilot gains the ability to move evasively, inflicting an additional +1 penalty against incoming weapons fire and physical attacks. The unit must use its Running MP, have undamaged hips, and will gain an extra +2 heat at the end of the round.

Relevant Design Quirks:
-Hyper-Extending Actuators: The mech can reverse its arms as if it lacked Hand and Lower Arm Actuators.
-Multi-Trac: The mech does not suffer the usual penalties when splitting fire between multiple targets.
-Narrow Profile: The mech takes less damage from incoming weapons fire if the margin of success is +1 or lower. Direct fire weapons deal half damage, while cluster attacks receive a -4 penalty when determining the number of hits.

--

Primary Objectives:
-Ruby Lance reaches the Northern Map Border (0/4)

Secondary Objectives:
-Destroy at least three Fusilier battlemechs (0/3) (100,000 C-Bill reward)
-Destroy all six Fusilier battlemechs (0/6) (200,000 C-Bill reward)

--

Next Orders Due: Saturday 25th 9:00PM GMT.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
This is why I wasn’t 100% on board with the “everyone shoots the sentinel” plan. All of our attacks missed and we flushed it out, but there’s a delicious 0 evasion hunchback and 0 evasion commando which we can’t fire upon because we’re all in the corner chasing the sentinel.

It’s probably not a huge deal but it does make me sad to see a missed opportunity. On the bright side the sentinel is now in rough terrain which will slow it down

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Disappointing that we couldn't ring out the sentinel though. It would have been a delightful way to start the engagement.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

The HBK is a missed opportunity but would they be able to get LOS the COM without just having to be on the 11XX cliff edge anyway?

Probably time for the MAD and TDR to get into position to fight the WVR next turn. Keep one of the two mobile units nearby to match the WVRs mobility.

High risk/reward but the QKD could try again for the ring out on the Sentinel. However you're basically back at the starting edge and everyone is between you and the objective. Feels like bait.

Maybe stay together and start moving behind/up the hill towards the objective?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Didn't expect the fusiliers to draw first blood

Imo it's best to try to move northward and keep the initiative that way instead of getting bogged down trying to fight them directly

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Yeah. It was a low odds move, but getting the Sentinel a long way from interfering with the objective is a useful outcome. Cool off and advance, let's see if we can do nasty things to that hunchback as it crests the hill next turn. Claiming 0116 to threaten an unopposed end run. Orders in.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's an interesting meta situation because scintilla has to act like he isn't aware of the players' thinking and honour the threat of them breaking out to the north even if they intend to do no such thing, which he can see by just reading the thread, which he has to by necessity

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

chasing down the sentinal for another ringout attempt would be very funny, but i think i will go to 0219 instead so i can either break north or do LOS shenanigans around the hill and support the real heavies

no good shots from there, and i'd make the same distance running or jumping, so i should use my jump MP for more evasion, correct?

eventually i will internalize the rules enough so that i don't have to ask a question with every post :v:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Yeah, if you're not shooting and the distance moved is the same, jump. The advantage is being able to freely set your facing to plan the following turn.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I kinda just want to turn to face 0223 and then run north as far as I can.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Slavvy posted:

It's an interesting meta situation because scintilla has to act like he isn't aware of the players' thinking and honour the threat of them breaking out to the north even if they intend to do no such thing, which he can see by just reading the thread, which he has to by necessity

He's been doing ok with doing different types of actions for different characters based on their personalities. It's something the players don't have to do, at least.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Slavvy posted:

The nature of these LP's means this will always be the case. Back in PTN's older threads players occasionally used Google Docs to discuss their strategies in private, but at the end of the day they still had to submit their orders before the next turn.

I always try to play the OpFor according to their own objectives and individual temperaments, even if that means playing suboptimally. If the players make a mistake or leave themselves out of position I'll do my best to punish them for it, but I won't actively plan my strategy around what they intend to do.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
Oh boy, well I'm open to suggestions on where the team best needs me next. Keep moving forward?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Essentially. Deny them shots, gang up where we can gang up, I'm planning on hitting the hunchie next turn.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

I kinda just want to turn to face 0223 and then run north as far as I can.

Submitted this.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Just under two hours to go and I'm still waiting for one player.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

I'm sorry, it's me. Getting them in right now. I ended up soloing the household this morning.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Snow_Scar_[3901]: Turn 5

Anna flinched as the angry red beam of the Sentinel’s Large Laser flashed mere metres over her Thunderbolt’s head. The deadly ray sliced into the frosty hill in front of her, gouging a deep groove into the frozen soil and triggering a minor landslide. Anna thought about twisting around and returning fire with her own Large Laser, but quickly concluded that it was pointless. The Sentinel was too far away, and her angle of attack was too awkward.

Once again, Anna cursed the Thunderbolt’s lack of mobility. She couldn’t outrun the Sentinel, but engaging it would cost valuable time. The other Fusiliers were rapidly closing in, and a delay at this stage ran the risk of being cut off and surrounded. On the other hand, leaving the Sentinel alone would allow it to harass her with impunity. If it had been one of the light mechs Anna wouldn’t have worried too much, but the Sentinel was just heavily armed enough to be a threat. Pressing ahead might make strategic sense, but leaving a mobile Large Laser in her backfield was tactical suicide.

“Hunchback is trying to cut us off from the north,” Tsing’s clipped voice reported. “Griffin and Wolverine are jumping up too.”

Kai-xi’s laughter filled the comms. “These mice grow bold, brother! Fine – let them leap into the lion’s den. They are merely hastening their own demise.”

Anna chewed her lower lip as she considered her options. Despite Kai-xi’s brashness, getting surrounded would pose a real problem. How much time could she afford to lose before that happened? Ten seconds? Twenty? Surely no more than that. The Thunderbolt was more than a match for the Sentinel in a head-to-head engagement, but if Mike and Kai-xi joined in as well they could probably slag the wretched thing in a single exchange. Alternatively, she could keep moving north and try to use the hill to shield her rear armour. Both choices carried their own risks, but she needed to decide soon, or the Fusiliers would make the decision for her.

-Holds fire!

-Holds fire!

-Holds fire!

-Holds fire!

--

-Holds fire!

-Holds fire!

-Holds fire!

-Holds fire!

-Fires Large Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S (Player); needs 10, rolls 9: Misses!

-Holds fire!

No melee attacks this turn!

Dervish DV-6M (Player) gains 0 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Marauder MAD-3R (Player) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Thunderbolt TDR-5S (Player) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

--

Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) gains 3 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Evasive Action: By forfeiting the right to fire during the shooting phase, the pilot gains the ability to move evasively, inflicting an additional +1 penalty against incoming weapons fire and physical attacks. The unit must use its Running MP, have undamaged hips, and will gain an extra +2 heat at the end of the round.

Relevant Design Quirks:
-Hyper-Extending Actuators: The mech can reverse its arms as if it lacked Hand and Lower Arm Actuators.
-Multi-Trac: The mech does not suffer the usual penalties when splitting fire between multiple targets.
-Narrow Profile: The mech takes less damage from incoming weapons fire if the margin of success is +1 or lower. Direct fire weapons deal half damage, while cluster attacks receive a -4 penalty when determining the number of hits.

--

Primary Objectives:

Secondary Objectives:

--

Next Orders Due: Tuesday 28th 9:00PM GMT.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Dervish

Do I have LOS to the Hunchback rear from 0412 or 0513?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

AJ_Impy posted:

Dervish

Do I have LOS to the Hunchback rear from 0412 or 0513?

You have LOS from both of these hexes.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Excellent, thank you. Claiming 0412. Orders in.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Would I have LOS to the Hunchback from 0217?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

CirclMastr posted:

Moving to 0217 will give you LOS to both the Hunchback and the Griffin, although you'll be hitting the former on 9's for your LRMs and 11's for everything else.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

how much would the trees between the hunchback and the hill affect LOS from the 0417 or 0318? i have a decent rear LRM shot at the hunchback if they're not too tall

also puts me nice and close to the griffin for next turn, with lots of intervening cover this turn

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

biosterous posted:

how much would the trees between the hunchback and the hill affect LOS from the 0417 or 0318? i have a decent rear LRM shot at the hunchback if they're not too tall

also puts me nice and close to the griffin for next turn, with lots of intervening cover this turn

Both hexes are Level 2 elevation so the woods won't affect your LOS at all. You'll be hitting the Hunchback on 9's with your LRMs and 11's with everything else.

CirclMastr posted:

Quick correction to my previous advice since I mixed you up with the Quickdraw - you do have LOS, and will be hitting on 10's with LRMs and Large Laser and 12's for Medium Lasers / SRMs.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

biosterous posted:

I can also get to 0318 for PPC and AC/5 shots, if you want 0417?

edit: Orders in. 0318 with fire on the Hunchback.

Farseli fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Nov 28, 2023

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

sounds good, i'll take 0417 and fire my LRMs + whatever i can without gaining excess heat (time for math, hooray!)

e: orders in!

biosterous fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 27, 2023

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Still waiting on one player. As a reminder, if anyone ever has some kind of scheduling clash just send me a PM and I'll delay the turn.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Scintilla posted:

Still waiting on one player. As a reminder, if anyone ever has some kind of scheduling clash just send me a PM and I'll delay the turn.

Oops, my bad. Orders submitted.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Snow_Scar_[3901]: Turn 6

Mike held his breath as he waited for the Fusilier Hunchback to emerge into the open. The squat brawler had been forced to take a meandering path up the side of the ravine, weaving between snowdrifts and carefully picking its way through patches of loose scree. Its lack of mobility would normally have been a decisive weakness, but so far it had managed to shield itself by staying in the shadow of the cliff face. That time would come to an end soon, however. The north-western side of the ravine was much steeper and more treacherous than the south-west, and the only viable route upwards would force the Hunchback to expose itself. All Mike had to do was keep his crosshairs steady and wait.

Time seemed to slow down as the mech’s profile slid into view. Mike fired immediately, but despite his focus both of his Marauder’s PPCs narrowly missed their mark. Undeterred, he triggered his AC/5. The Hunchback lurched forwards in an attempt to evade the high-velocity shells, but doing so caused it to walk right into Tsing’s line of fire. The bulky mech stumbled as a corkscrewing SRM slammed into its head, then staggered as Anna’s Large Laser carved a glowing crevasse into the back of its left shoulder, piercing so deeply that Mike thought the mech’s whole arm might fall off. But the Hunchback was tough, and Cosette was a skilled pilot, and after recovering its balance the mech disappeared behind another outcropping.

Mike winced as a wave of heat flooded his cockpit. He had hoped that the freezing weather would assist the Marauder’s notoriously undersinked cooling apparatus, but it looked like firing both PPCs at once would still cause issues. Using the 3D, 3M or even 3L model would have solved the problem entirely, but the Taurians only fielded the 3R version, and so Mike had felt compelled to pilot it for the sake of verisimilitude.

-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 10: Hits Right Leg! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Leg, 15/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 8: Hits Left Arm! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 11/16 Armour remaining.
-Fires LRM-10 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires SRM-2 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 9: 2 Missiles Hit! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 2 damage to Right Leg (13/20 Armour remaining) and Head (7/9 Armour remaining (Pilot Hit!))
-Fires SRM-2 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 7: 1 Missile Hits! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 2 damage to Right Arm (14/16 Armour remaining).

-Fires PPC at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires PPC at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires AC/5 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!

-Fires LRM-10 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 11, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 11, rolls 2: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 11, rolls 5: Misses!

-Fires Large Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 10: Hits Rear Right Torso! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 8 damage to Rear Right Torso, 0/4 Armour, 8/12 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Right Torso! No Critical Hits sustained.
-Fires LRM-15 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 9: Misses!

--

-Holds fire!

-Fires PPC at Dervish DV-6M (Player); needs 10, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Dervish DV-6M (Player); needs 12, rolls 5: Misses!

-Holds fire!

-Fires Medium Laser at Dervish DV-6M (Player); needs 9, rolls 8: Misses!

-Fires Large Laser at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 10, rolls 10: Hits Rear Centre Torso! Narrow Profile reduces damage to 4! Marauder MAD-3R (Player) takes 4 damage to Rear Centre Torso, 6/10 Armour remaining.
-Fires SRM-2 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 12, rolls 8: Misses!

-Fires AC/5 at Dervish DV-6M (Player); needs 10, rolls 12: Hits Centre Torso! Dervish DV-6M (Player) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 15/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires SRM-6 at Dervish DV-6M (Player); needs 12, rolls 9: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Dervish DV-6M (Player); needs 12, rolls 9: Misses!

-No melee attacks this turn!

Dervish DV-6M (Player) gains 14 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.

Marauder MAD-3R (Player) gains 21 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 5 heat. Overheating!

Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) gains 13 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Thunderbolt TDR-5S (Player) gains 13 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 0 heat.

--

Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) gains 17 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 5 heat. Overheating!

Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Piloting checks for Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers):
Took 20+ Damage; needs 6, rolls 8: Succeeds!

--

Cosette Delacroix Hunchback HBK-4H) has taken 1 damage this turn! Cosette Delacroix must pass a consciousness test or fall unconscious!
-Cosette Delacroix must roll a 3+ to remain conscious! Rolls 7: Succeeds!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:

Relevant Design Quirks:

--

Primary Objectives:

Secondary Objectives:

--

Next Orders Due: Saturday 2nd 9:00PM GMT.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 29, 2023

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Dervish

Do I have LOS on the Hunchback from 0709?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Would the Thunderbolt have LOS to the Hunchback from 0212 or 0213?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

CirclMastr posted:

I think it's in too deep a hole to be seen from atop the high ground except from the spots adjacent to it on the cliff edge.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

AJ_Impy posted:

Dervish

Do I have LOS on the Hunchback from 0709?

Yes, you would have LOS.

CirclMastr posted:

No, you would not have LOS from either of those hexes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Verisimilitude :allears:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Captain Foo posted:

Verisimilitude :allears:

Mike is the kind of DM who hates power-gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Scintilla posted:

Mike is the kind of DM who hates power-gaming.

but will actually powergame against his players