Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nenonen posted:

I think that title should go to something that most people actually rate highly. I'd say the most overrated one is Star Wars. Or some Disney poo poo like Little Mermaid or Bambi.

Eh, not speaking to its quality here, but It's A Wonderful Life has received consistent and enormous critical acclaim. It's up there with films like those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Nenonen posted:

I think that title should go to something that most people actually rate highly. I'd say the most overrated one is Star Wars. Or some Disney poo poo like Little Mermaid or Bambi.

I'm talking about It's A Wonderful Life, which often tops all-timer movie polls even though it's dreck

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

its a good film op

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's the most overrated movie of all time imo

You cannot possibly say that when The Shawshank Redemption exists.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

frytechnician posted:

You cannot possibly say that when The Shawshank Redemption exists.

Have you ever posted in the UK chat thread?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Welp Geert Wilders looks to have won the Dutch elections.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
big month for weird fascists with crazy hairstyles

also it is so loving dispiriting to live in an age where it's the fash who have a shared global project and international mutual support network

quote:

Hungary’s prime minister Viktor Orbán was quick to offer his congratulations to far right Dutch politician Geert Wilders. “The winds of change are here,” the Hungarian leader said.

The Austrian Freedom Party’s Harald Vilimsky said “our political partners and friends are ahead almost everywhere”.

Alternative for Germany is also celebrating the Dutch exit polls. “Everywhere in Europe, citizens want political change,” the German far right party wrote on social media.

French far right leader Marine Le Pen has congratulated Geert Wilders and the PVV. “Their spectacular performance,” she said, “confirms the growing attachment to the defence of national identities”

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Welp Geert Wilders looks to have won the Dutch elections.

*walking in with boot polish on my face* oh hell yeah

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No actual solutions, only idpol!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm talking about It's A Wonderful Life, which often tops all-timer movie polls even though it's dreck

I thought that the top spot was reserved to Citizen Kane? I have never heard anyone say that It's a wonderful life is the greatest film ever, just that it's a classic. It helps that it's played every Xmas.

And they both are well made classics. Just like Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Ive never seen its a wonderful life but every show i watched in my childhood did an episode based on it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Have you ever posted in the UK chat thread?

isn't this the UK chat thread

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Na. This one is for Marxism (and Correct Crisp Thought).

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Unstoppable Krisp Munching Thread

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Google Jeb Bush posted:

It's the good one, there's some one in GBS that some chucklehead put NJAN99 in charge of.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
surely if njan99 bans you from the chat thread you can just evade it using an alt account and he'll be fine with it

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

sebzilla posted:

Big fans of Tim Burton's 1993 classic "The Nightmare Before Christmas" no doubt

Okay, I'm going to have to nit pick over this.

Saying that the film is "Tim Burton's 1993 classic" implies that Tim Burton directed "The Nightmare Before Christmas."

Which he didn't. It was directed by Henry Selick.

Tim Burton did write (some) of the script and helped come up with the story for "The Nightmare Before Christmas. "
The film was very much from ideas and concepts that Burton dreamed up in the 80's. But it was Selick and his team that fleshed everything out.

The confusion comes in the fact that the film is called "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas" which was the name Disney gave the film to cash in on the success of his Batman film.

Basically, Tim Burton is responsible for their being a Nightmare Before Christmas, but the involvement of others in the film has been greatly minimised.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Angepain posted:

surely if njan99 bans you from the chat thread you can just evade it using an alt account and he'll be fine with it

honestly while I have no problem with NJAN99 as a poster it's rather insane that someone who gamed the rules this way gets to be an IK

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Who are they an alt of? I'm clearly behind on my forum gossip

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

I think it was something like NJAN evading a probe with a very transparent alt. A while back I think.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

So this budget - it's basically a poison pill for the next government isn't it?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
The last 13 years have been a poison pill for the next government

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

NJAN is performing an amusing pastiche of the British political system where rules and norms can be changed on a whim, and unelected people can be brought back, given a new title and put in the highest positions of power

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

NJAN99 has an account named basically the same that he's used to evade being put on ignore. He was briefly perma-redtitled by a mod to make fun of this fact.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Now then now then, I don't think it has ever been proved that NJAN98 is an alt :v:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I think NJAN9* is pretty funny

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

His Divine Shadow posted:

I think NJAN9* is pretty funny

Another alt detected

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Grant Shapps of posting

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Rewatching some Black Mirror with my partner who’s never seen it and wondering if the journalist from Hated in the Nation was based on Pearson. Not that there’s a shortage of potential inspirations :sigh:

Tesseraction posted:

briefly perma
🤨

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I think that was based on Katie Hopkins actually.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Angrymog posted:

So this budget - it's basically a poison pill for the next government isn't it?

Yes and it's not particularly surprising but also pretty loving shocking. So just like everything else this government does. They should all be in jail.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well it was meant to be permanent but then that mod got demodded and without them to enforce it the permanence became impermanence.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
You should write my wikipedia page.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I only say Its A Wonderful Life for the first time last year and I really enjoyed it, but mostly it made me understand a lot more Simpsons jokes and realised people said Hot Dog a lot more back then.

I don't have your money! It's in Fred's house!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Uh it's called the SAclopedia???

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I only say Its A Wonderful Life for the first time last year and I really enjoyed it, but mostly it made me understand a lot more Simpsons jokes and realised people said Hot Dog a lot more back then.

I don't have your money! It's in Fred's house!

I'm watching Mad Men for the first time so I'm really keen to start bringing back some of those corny lame expressions that Pete comes out with, i.e.:
Hot Dog
Hells Bells
Gee Whizz

But most especially, the all purpose "Huh ...a thing like that!"

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I got chatgpt to do it

quote:

== Signature Style ==

A signature element of NotJustANumber99's online presence is their catchphrase: "Not just a number, but a voice in the symphony of ideas. Let's make every post count!" This encapsulates their commitment to contributing meaningfully to the collective dialogue within the online spaces they inhabit.

10/10 no notes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm watching Mad Men for the first time so I'm really keen to start bringing back some of those corny lame expressions that Pete comes out with, i.e.:
Hot Dog
That's Ian Austin's catchphrase.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Due to her awful lovely family my wife never got to experience Christmas until she was an adult so she likes to put the decorations up in early November.

I still think it’s too early but it makes her happy and it’s not like it gets in the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Hot Dog
Hells Bells
Gee Whizz

But most especially, the all purpose "Huh ...a thing like that!"

Do you not already say hell's bells? I thought that was fairly normal.