Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
learning about and having to deal with death from a young age is one of the (many) reasons its good to have pets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Yeah, it's better to experience loss with a pet before you experience it with a human family member. My grandmother once told me 'Your parents will teach you about life and I'll teach you about death.' while she was dying of heart disease and I was glad to have lost a couple dogs by then.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
i watched my family dog give birth when i was six and then my dad died in a plane crash two years later so i had a slightly different experience

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
Man, I'm sorry, that's rough.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I have a friend who keeps rats as pets and they seem great but they live like 2 years. i don't think I could do it

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/kane/status/1727388741554385235

Someone is suffering due to this, the customers, the owners, the health inspectors, not sure, but I also had a good laugh

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Big rereg guy energy

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Flint_Paper posted:

🎵 Really potent urine odours
🎵 Bitten off a cat's toe
🎵 Ate it too!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

i watched my family dog give birth when i was six and then my dad died in a plane crash two years later so i had a slightly different experience

Boy were his arms tired!

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Flint_Paper posted:

🎵 Bitten off a cat's toe
🎵 Ate it too!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Martman posted:

I have a friend who keeps rats as pets and they seem great but they live like 2 years. i don't think I could do it

If you want chill rodents then capybaras can live 9 to 12 years in captivity but they're a bit harder to keep than rats

(You need a pooping pool for them, they won't poo poo on dry land)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you want chill rodents then capybaras can live 9 to 12 years in captivity but they're a bit harder to keep than rats

Can they just share my pooping pool?

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ah so that is why they always looks so satisifed when in water!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

We had a tortoise for almost 30 years, he smelled fine. I think only certain kinds pee aggressively, he never peed when we picked him up. We eventually arranged to have him released in a sanctuary. He was a leopard tortoise.

My grand mother bought a parrot (African grey) when she was in her 50s, it lived with her until she died in her 90s and my uncle inherited it for another 10 years or so.

He would call out for her sometimes and I often wondered if he was sad she wasn’t around, or just trying prompts for food.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Ashcans posted:

He would call out for her sometimes and I often wondered if he was sad she wasn’t around, or just trying prompts for food.

Maybe both? Sad she is gone not giving him food?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Or she was hanging around and only the bird could see her :ghost:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/1sOwu1f.mp4

Needs sound.

mod edit: spoilered for strobe lights

Somebody has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Nov 23, 2023

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
I see only schade and no freude in that clip

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The schadenfreude is the world's most annoying watermark, Jesus Christ

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Needs sound.

Jesus loving Christ that watermark. Whoever made that should be shot and their computer burned.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Nov 23, 2023

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

steinrokkan posted:

The schadenfreude is the world's most annoying watermark, Jesus Christ

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Spider-Man is dead and you complain about the watermark.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

freeedr posted:

No idea why he’s a train wreck and I’m not watching a literal hour-long documentary about internet drama to find out, haha what the hell

One of those guys who became internet famous for being an piece of poo poo on camera, turns out being a piece of poo poo is about all he does other than complain about the consequences he faces for being a piece of poo poo.

3/4 of the literal hour long documentary is Boogie asking you to pity him and to pay his mortgage payment.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008
What is it with guys performing in spider-man costumes and eating poo poo

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

LookieLoo posted:

Spider-Man is dead and you complain about the watermark.

This is not the first or even the twentieth time Spider-Man has been dead.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Ashcans posted:

We had a tortoise for almost 30 years, he smelled fine. I think only certain kinds pee aggressively, he never peed when we picked him up. We eventually arranged to have him released in a sanctuary. He was a leopard tortoise.

My grand mother bought a parrot (African grey) when she was in her 50s, it lived with her until she died in her 90s and my uncle inherited it for another 10 years or so.

Birds are another one of those “you and your house smell bad” pets that people who have them swear they don’t smell at all.

I may look into getting a small tortoise if they really don’t smell. I think something small and quiet that will be super stoked to eat strawberries and grapes with me would be fun.

Would need a really good name though. Soup? Soup seems like it would be a fun name for a tortoise.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This is the future that George Orwell tried to warn us about!!1

quote:

There will be no empathy, no appreciation of the process of life. All competing emotions will be destroyed. But always— do not forget this, Winston — always there will be the intoxication of schadenfreude, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of mocking an enemy who is helpless.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine Spider-Man is dead and you complain about the watermark — forever.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 16:55 on Nov 23, 2023

Spatule
Mar 18, 2003

CainFortea posted:

My friend's tortoise bit off a cat's toe one time cause the cat was being a bit more annoying than usual.

ate it too.

Mine decapitated a rat close to twice its size that disturbed him during his winter sleep. His dick is bigger than its head. He'll try to gently caress rocks, logs, dark shoes. Tortoises are metal AF and low maintenance, never had a smell issue.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Needs sound.

Can't Parker there, mate

Somebody has a new favorite as of 20:17 on Nov 23, 2023

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Robobot posted:

Birds are another one of those “you and your house smell bad” pets that people who have them swear they don’t smell at all.

I may look into getting a small tortoise if they really don’t smell. I think something small and quiet that will be super stoked to eat strawberries and grapes with me would be fun.

Would need a really good name though. Soup? Soup seems like it would be a fun name for a tortoise.

I didn't live at my friend's house and I never noticed the tortoise having a smell her sister's two cats though I could smell their litter box if I went into the same room but that's pretty normal. Also the toe eating tortoises name was tonberry

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Robobot posted:

I know a few people with hermann's toirtoises. They won't stink out the house; at worst you might get a bit of a smell right by their run since they do still have to poop somewhere.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Can't Parker there, mate

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Can't Parker there, mate

:vince:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Robobot posted:

People say chicken coops always stink like poo poo but I clean mine weekly and it just smells like dust. My cats’ litter box reeks like poo poo squared every morning until I clean it and I’ll never have cats again.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
After hearing how hard his head hit, I'm not really sure if he's feeling the perter tingles or if he's not feeling anything...

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Hygiene posted:

Can't Parker there, mate

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Captain Hygiene posted:

Can't Parker there, mate

:hmmyes:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FAPPO!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I don't mean to poo poo up the thread but can I request videos with seizure inducing flashing lights be linked with a warning? For the goon with epilepsy who want to laugh at groin shots, and such. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

freeedr posted:

People say chicken coops always stink like poo poo but I clean mine weekly and it just smells like dust. My cats’ litter box reeks like poo poo squared every morning until I clean it and I’ll never have cats again.

Chicken poo poo smells almost good anyway