Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Al-Saqr posted:

would it be controversial for me to say that everything the hippies liked like yoga and stuff loving sucks and the biggest evidence of this is how thoroughly zen buddhism and yoga and scent glands or whatever has been turned into a tool of corporatist fascism.

maybe I'm just being an old man yelling at clouds.

oh absolutely, most hippies are dumbass fascists when it comes to anything outside their immediate space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maltloaf
Jul 3, 2018

Bastard Tetris posted:

2023 Israel’s just an intensely lovely society, carrying a long gun to loving yoga is multiple levels of soy nazi

lol it's a fashion accessory / statement

in a sudden emergency she'd have a little trouble wielding that weapon quickly the way those straps are positioned

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Biggest "hippie" I knew in high school is married to an Aldi's regional manager, saw him a few weeks ago and he was talking about the importance of border security and how much he loves Greg Gutfeld.

As a side note I've been to their house and don't believe it when they say grocery margins are slim. The margins look just fine to me.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
fascist societies love aesthetics over functionality, which is why so many dipshit IDF kids are getting ventilated in Gaza

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

The most charitable you can be to a hippy/psytrancer is that they have leaned so hard into "can't we all just get along, love conquers all" that it blinds them to material reality in a naive but sometimes tolerable way. This is rare though and they are mostly reactionary, just hyper-individualists after the hippy project was disproven as mentioned above. I mean, Sidney Gottleib the CIA's head of MKULTRA lived in a cabin with no power, milked his own goats and was super into learning different indigenous folk dances with his wife. Then he went off to work and broke people's minds and killed them with experimental toxins.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Gorson posted:

By making it a performative act, there's a chamber flag in the gun and I don't see any brass. The gun isn't loaded. This is just Shooter's Grill Israel Edition.

that's just how they carry these days. in the past they would have to carry the magazine separately (on a belt clip or in their pocket), but now they walk with the loaded magazine and the chamber flag, so all they have to do is pull on the charge handle to discharge the flag and load a live round. they never walk around with a bullet in the chamber outside of actual combat.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Al-Saqr posted:

would it be controversial for me to say that everything the hippies liked like yoga and stuff loving sucks and the biggest evidence of this is how thoroughly zen buddhism and yoga and scent glands or whatever has been turned into a tool of corporatist fascism.

No there's definitely something there. It's been said before but the hippy policies of international solidarity and protest got co-opted by 'self-actualization' and selfish love yourself first ideas that lead directly into the yuppie movement of the 80s. The hippies went from trying to change the world for the better, to focusing on improving themselves for the better. And along the way their self-improvement devolved into mindless consumerism.

IIRC Adam Curtis had a documentary which covered it.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
I don't know what the process of applying for a gun license is like, but I wonder, are they given some sort of refresher on basic gun safety and usage before they're handed a loaded M16? Because even soldiers don't always got that poo poo down, too many of the little pricks on the train keep laying the gun on their knees, pointed directly at somebody's dick.

E: just looked it up and they do get a refresher.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 13:27 on Nov 23, 2023

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Meh, burger posting

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
If you're under 27 you have to have been in the IOF to get a license.

They do require proof of completing firearm training. As well as ability in Hebrew

quote:

An individual with at least a basic knowledge of Hebrew – the ability to answer questions, follow instructions and complete forms as required. The applicant's level of Hebrew is evaluated by a firearm clerk.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Other than conscientious objectors and those exempt, hasn't everyone in Israel between 18 and 27 been in the IDF?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

that's just how they carry these days. in the past they would have to carry the magazine separately (on a belt clip or in their pocket), but now they walk with the loaded magazine and the chamber flag, so all they have to do is pull on the charge handle to discharge the flag and load a live round. they never walk around with a bullet in the chamber outside of actual combat.

It's not the most high res picture but you would be able to see brass through the ejection port and I don't see brass.

Sancho Banana posted:

I don't know what the process of applying for a gun license is like, but I wonder, are they given some sort of refresher on basic gun safety and usage before they're handed a loaded M16? Because even soldiers don't always got that poo poo down, too many of the little pricks on the train keep laying the gun on their knees, pointed directly at somebody's dick.

M16 would be full auto, these might be full auto (they appear to be legit Colt 653s in both pics)? Full auto is extremely restricted here in the US so it appears we may have found a western society more insane than ours. Bravo, Israel.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Marenghi posted:

The applicant's level of Hebrew is evaluated by a firearm clerk.

:911:

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Other than conscientious objectors and those exempt, hasn't everyone in Israel between 18 and 27 been in the IDF?

If you're including dodgers as exempted, than yeah.

E: that is, citizens who were born here. A lot of people who move to Israel still get drafted or volunteer though.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 13:42 on Nov 23, 2023

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

People who moved there and naturalized after spending time as a permanent resident wouldn't have.
Permanent residents who haven't received citizenship have to be 45 before they can get a firearms license.

Coupled with the Hebrew requirement it just seems like added bureaucracy to ensure only dedicated Zionists are allowed own a gun in Israel.

Marenghi has issued a correction as of 13:33 on Nov 23, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AvivaKlompas/status/1727368984209547518

yearbook-rear end last words

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Also, like, does anyone think they were checking if settlers had current firearms licences when they were distributing guns to them?

Inspiring: Adult Israelis breaking down in tears at the beautiful and powerful phrase found on this soldier's kitchen wall.

WhiskeyWhiskers has issued a correction as of 13:41 on Nov 23, 2023

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Live, Laugh, Love-ing their way through a genocidal occupation until a red triangle appear above their head.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

an armed society is a polite society meets the most rude arrogant society on earth, who will win?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
dunno who this guy is and how seriously to take this statement:-

==============================

A member of the Israeli junior ministerial staff, Aryeh Deri, said that they are ready to increase the duration of the truce to 10 days.

He added that they approved the release of 300 Palestinian prisoners, hoping to return 100 Israeli detainees.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6059953

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://x.com/VendorPower/status/1727451234687144318?s=20

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://x.com/Pal_action/status/1727317598042239405?s=20

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

He added that they approved the release of 300 Palestinian prisoners, hoping to return 100 Israeli detainees.

"We're definitely releasing these prisoners in hope that we get ours back" they are desperate.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

lmfao

Where did she write this even? On a random piece of paper?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

like, literally her last words? you'd think there would be some blood splatter on the paper or something

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gorson posted:

"We're definitely releasing these prisoners in hope that we get ours back" they are desperate.

The hostages' families must be really rattling them, it sounds like the intimidation campaigns against them really didn't work, and probably backfired hard. Which, shouldn't exactly be surprising.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Spergin Morlock posted:

like, literally her last words? you'd think there would be some blood splatter on the paper or something

Look we used all the fake blood on that kid's room photoshoot. Just use your imagination, I guess.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

In other news, Calla Walsh is out - presumably on bail?

https://twitter.com/jccfergie/status/1727571595814699241

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I saw this, now you have to see it

Thank you, Mr Musk, sir!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

God drat Israel
God drat the United States

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Marenghi posted:

No there's definitely something there. It's been said before but the hippy policies of international solidarity and protest got co-opted by 'self-actualization' and selfish love yourself first ideas that lead directly into the yuppie movement of the 80s. The hippies went from trying to change the world for the better, to focusing on improving themselves for the better. And along the way their self-improvement devolved into mindless consumerism.

IIRC Adam Curtis had a documentary which covered it.

"Century of the Self" I believe. It can be found on youtube.

Another good one of his is "Hypernormalization", like a slightly left than center left Dale Gribble's take on the last 50 years.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Where did they find the note anyway?

If I was writing an “in case I die” letter, I’d probably write to people I know and like instead of writing nebulous positivity pablum but it’s not my culture so I am just asking questions

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 14:18 on Nov 23, 2023

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
her husband's girlfriend found it in the night stand

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Al-Saqr posted:

no lol all the american neocons that can't get it up unless they're genociding someone were all hippies when they were kids and then grew up to be monsters

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
for what it's worth the Animal Friends Shelter account did "like" a tweet from Nov-21, 1627 GMT, so their last activity is "only" about 1 day, 21 hours as of this post

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Live Laugh Love (doing genocides)

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

clearly not sending their best

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

gradenko_2000 posted:

for what it's worth the Animal Friends Shelter account did "like" a tweet from Nov-21, 1627 GMT, so their last activity is "only" about 1 day, 21 hours as of this post

:blessed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Gorson posted:

It's not the most high res picture but you would be able to see brass through the ejection port and I don't see brass.

why would you? the bolt is in its frontal position, not pulled back ready to push a round into the chamber. the bullets wouldn't be visible.