Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

i finally bought some earbuds for the gym (because headphones are dorky i guess?) and i'm about 50/50 on whether they're gonna be cool or just give me a giant panic attack because my ears feel wrong and overwhelmed :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I assume spatchcocking is a thing only top chefs and cannibals know about

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Wait why isn't the plural "cheves"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

i finally bought some earbuds for the gym (because headphones are dorky i guess?) and i'm about 50/50 on whether they're gonna be cool or just give me a giant panic attack because my ears feel wrong and overwhelmed :lmao:

I can't do/enjoy earbuds for the reasons you list. Also, as a germaphobe, I dislike sticking things in my ear.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TIP posted:

also my mom may have invited some weird kid from her work to dinner and I'm really hoping not

it's sweet of her, she felt bad for him because he has no family nearby, but she's known him like two days and I don't wanna entertain some stranger :sigh:

I'm trying to be positive and believe there's some chance that he won't be annoying if he shows up :pray:

Sounds like a set up, it’s possible you may be expected to intercourse this young man.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

I can't do/enjoy earbuds for the reasons you list. Also, as a germaphobe, I dislike sticking things in my ear.

well i did some research before buying and these ones have the "hear through" feature which seems to cut down on the weird ear isolation feeling and they also work with just one bud so :pray:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving / Ambiguous Holiday Greetings to the 5kpt

May your turkey be spatchcocked and horseshoe sandos be liberally jizzed

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

bagmonkey posted:

ugh we nbeed a new thread title

Look around friend. The new thread title was within you the whole time.

bagmonkey posted:

jizz toast with fries and a coors light in a guinness pint please

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Also, I think my first posts on this site were discussing horrible regional sandwich variations. Funny how the holidays make you get all nostalgic.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

In further news, a lady I work with invited me to her Thanksgiving dinner with her family because I don't have any family of my own nearby. Sounds like her son is some ginger dickhead, but I guess he's pretty good at cooking turkeys. I just hope I'm not expected to intercourse him.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

In further news, a lady I work with invited me to her Thanksgiving dinner with her family because I don't have any family of my own nearby. Sounds like her son is some ginger dickhead, but I guess he's pretty good at cooking turkeys. I just hope I'm not expected to intercourse him.

>steal dog

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
good morning fam! had a productive day so far, gotta call mom to find out when she needs me. i keep threatening to bring my 22lb Turkey to Thanksgiving!!! :hehe:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

No bonus this year I guess despite an increase in work load since last year...

Edit: nevermind I actually am getting one.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 24, 2023

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

good morning fam! had a productive day so far, gotta call mom to find out when she needs me. i keep threatening to bring my 22lb Turkey to Thanksgiving!!! :hehe:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its ready. Waiting. Lurking.

Spatchcocked

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is that an eating turkey or a loving Turkey

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Happy T-giving

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Cats love it!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Escape From Noise posted:

The real.trick to cooking turkey is swapping it out for something good IMHO.

I agree! That's why my family is having lasagna

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bird with big dick posted:

Is that an eating turkey or a loving Turkey

Y..yes…?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i think we need to see the original 22lb turkey (free) next to common household objects so we can gauge the size of it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

i think we need to see the original 22lb turkey (free) next to common household objects so we can gauge the size of it

Little tiny corns for scale

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Holy poo poo that's a great cat.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its ready. Waiting. Lurking.

Spatchcocked

:spatchcock:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A one day only sale.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

drat, too bad someone ran over your turkey, I hope you can salvage something from it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TIP posted:

drat, too bad someone ran over your turkey, I hope you can salvage something from it

You've been hit by, you've been spatchcocked by, a smooth criminal.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I am thankful I no longer work in retail.

This is my first holiday season not working retail in over a decade. It's been about 80% less stress already.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

This is my first holiday season not working retail in over a decade. It's been about 80% less stress already.

the pill robot would like to speak to your manager dorkus

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Congrats!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Ruby Gloom posted:

the pill robot would like to speak to your manager dorkus

The robot does need a lot of attention but solving its problems is 1000% better than any random customer interaction (especially because if something is really wrong, I call someone to fix it and I don't have to deal with it myself)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Moonlight
(which is reflected sunlight)
shining on my truck,
reflecting light in a line
on the ice in the driveway,
and there to my eye,
to my mind.
And then to you.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I agree! That's why my family is having lasagna

Happy Thanksgiving, Garfield!

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Holy poo poo that's a great cat.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I went to my mom’s family earlier in the day and my dad’s side later and I’ve eaten way too much turkey and ham and may explode

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Gobble my spatchcock, u dorks!

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Prof. Crocodile posted:

:lmao: perfect

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

google suggested an article about how to communicate with gen z so I'm sharing here to help all of you

quote:

The big picture: Gen Z's internet-driven vocabulary isn't typically decoded by a dictionary — but older relatives may still want to be hip at the kids' table.

We're here to help over the holidays:

Thanksgiving? No, it's giving
"It's giving" can be used alone or with another word behind it. Derived from Black Twitter and shows like "RuPaul's Drag Race," it means to give off a certain energy or be reminiscent of something.

This holiday? It's giving thanks. The pecan pie? It's giving decadent.
"It's giving" used alone has a positive meaning. That vintage coat? It's giving.
The food on the table should be bussin
"Bussin" means impressive or tasty, and is one of the inaugural terms in the first African American English dictionary, per the New York Times.

Its variants in the dictionary, expected to be published in 2025, include bussin' and bussing.
Slay isn't a threat, and eating has nothing to do with food
Both are compliments or describe a job well done.

High praise, if someone says your outfit is slaying or you are eating.
"You ate" is sometimes followed by "and left no crumbs" (a coveted phrase).
Honorable mentions
Out of pocket: unhinged behavior
Pookie: a pet name for a significant other
Rizz: charm, short for charisma
Ick: something unpleasant
The bottom line: Language is playful — lean into it!

make sure to use at least one or two in every sentence when you're talking to the youths

TIP fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 24, 2023

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

for example "drat pookie, that bussy is bussin"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I think it's okay to just admit you're old and communicate with them like a human being. Maybe.