Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Papes posted:

He’s fine, he’s 21 and is an odd fit with the current roster. Either he’ll develop better chemistry and off ball skills, accept a bench role, or he’ll be traded to a team that can utilize him as a passing hub

See why he is trending on twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
yikes

thats probably legal in oklahoma though

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Papes posted:

He’s fine, he’s 21 and is an odd fit with the current roster. Either he’ll develop better chemistry and off ball skills, accept a bench role, or he’ll be traded to a team that can utilize him as a passing hub

durrr

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

foster didn't let him finish the song, chris paul is a big meredith brooks fan

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

GoutPatrol posted:

thats "im" not "your"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

See why he is trending on twitter.

To be fair when you made that post I immediately went to twitter and it was not trending and wasn’t on the news tab so I was like “well maybe Spqcebump became Australian.”

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Papes posted:

in retrospect, "he's fine, he's 21" is the worst possible way you could start responding to this.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

Warriors fans are now changing their tune about Scott Foster.

No, you see, Warriors fans already thought Foster was rigging it against them, despite everyone else thinking Foster was rigging it for the Warriors.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone just post what he did instead of dancing around it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone just post what he did instead of dancing around it

He’s accused of loving a high school junior

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kingcobweb posted:

drat. Happy Thanksgiving Adam Silver.

That does make that other post pretty funny though.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

kingcobweb posted:

In my day we called that The Gordon Hayward

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Maybe that’s legal in Oklahoma? Or do you have to be related?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

anakha posted:

old man yells at crowd

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Can somebody just post what heinous poo poo Giddey did for those of us who aren't on Twitter please thank you and god bless

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

https://twitter.com/kendra__andrews/status/1727573598280585316

Is this the first time he’s talked about there being an actual history between him and Scott Foster and it not being just tinfoil hattery about CP3 having the Scott Foster Curse?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Did orlando put together an elite defensive team when I wasn’t looking? That is a lot of wingspan on that roster

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

kingcobweb posted:

in retrospect, "he's fine, he's 21" is the worst possible way you could start responding to this.

Ha, yes it is. I deleted Twitter from phone and was clueless about the allegations. There are a lot of okc fans who want to trade him based on performance so I assumed that’s what OP was talking about given lack of context.

From what I understand now, it seems like it will be likely for Giddy to claim ignorance. The evidence is mostly a video of him with a girl where he says something like “leaving the club, about to take the party home”.
I assume clubs in California (where video is allegedly from) are 18\21+ like anywhere else I’ve lived. If the person used fake ID to enter and lied about age, I think there is some leeway to give there. I never figured out the timeline of the video but he could have been as young as 18 at time of the recording.

If there is more evidence than I know about now that proves he knew she was underage (and of course assuming everything in the allegations is true), he could be in some real trouble.

Then again, this is the NBA so even if everything is 100% true I doubt he sees any meaningful penalty outside public opinion. I would of course hope he would be cut, but due diligence needs to be done to prove these claims first.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

nachos posted:

Did orlando put together an elite defensive team when I wasn’t looking? That is a lot of wingspan on that roster

They’ve been building like that almost since the day Dwight left.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Can somebody just post what heinous poo poo Giddey did for those of us who aren't on Twitter please thank you and god bless

TikTok photos (?) of him sleeping with a high school junior

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hey look at how great things turned out for Josh primo. Giddey might even get to go to another contender

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Porfiriato posted:

https://twitter.com/kendra__andrews/status/1727573598280585316

Is this the first time he’s talked about there being an actual history between him and Scott Foster and it not being just tinfoil hattery about CP3 having the Scott Foster Curse?

This is wack. I get the entire league doesn’t revolve around one player, shout out to foochs, but this dude should not be reffing Chris Paul games

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Happy thanksgiving y’all. I’m thankful for the most troll-free forums on the net. I am not thankful for the Grizzlies dogshit help defense scheme.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Basically the good Wagner brother is the only bad defender in the Orlando rotation but he at least tries enough that it is coverable.

drat I am remembering when I was a jr in HS I was out with my friend at the Ontario Mills mall around this time of year and somehow we ended up with two soldiers in our car and they said they were from the base in Perris which how the gently caress do you end up in Ontario from Perris without a car and like they were like young adults just riding in a teen’s mom’s hoopty . I wonder if they gave my friend gas money or what but like anyway we took them to a club that was in like Etiwanda or Fontana or Riverside or some poo poo and dropped them off there. Another friend later told me that she met her boyfriend at that club in what I believe was the same weekend and he was in the military and like 26 and they ended up going to prom together. I don’t think he went on to play basketball professionally though.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Rick posted:

Basically the good Wagner brother is the only bad defender in the Orlando rotation but he at least tries enough that it is coverable.

He's not really someone you marvel at doing stuff on defense like Suggs or Isaac but he's absolutely not bad, unspectacular in terms of technique but holds his own. Both him and Paolo are pretty underrated in that aspect.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/kendra__andrews/status/1727573598280585316?t=oO4-ezY1uWtO5p1XjnqXXQ&s=19

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

GoutPatrol posted:

you are so old

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Who's son is "his", CP3 or Foster?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
CP3 had a meeting with CP2, CP4, and Scott Foster

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Bip Roberts posted:

Who's son is "his", CP3 or Foster?

Chris Paul’s. Also a dick puncher as it turns out

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Dating and/or sleeping with a 17? Year old

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
A little overwritten, but a pretty good read on Willie Green's personality and traits: https://open.substack.com/pub/intheno/p/willie-green-the-competitive-force

quote:

“There are times when you have a few guys that don’t (compete),” Green acknowledges. “Those are people you want to avoid having on your roster or being around. Just frankly being honest about it.”

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

this is hot

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/1727537542705143911

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
scoot henderson returned from his injury last night, shot 1-7 and had 4 fouls in 17 minutes, and was +15

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I need more information about like when this happened. Because I do feel pretty differently about 19 -> 17(last year before October or whenever Giddey was 19) and 21-> 17(Giddey's age right now)

Then again I'm seeing some poo poo about some 15 year old too, but all I'm seeing are jokes so it's hard to parse.

loving creepy dumbass at the absolute bare minimum tho

Edit: to add my own slight joke.

Why is this dude moving like this at loving Kent State of all places.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 23, 2023

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
A 20 year old believing a 17 year old was 18 is also not the end of the world, so there's a pretty wide swath of possibility here.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Tae posted:

Does Adam Silver know about their brazillian social media, they are getting more unhinged

https://twitter.com/twolvesbrazil/status/1727528070821605502?t=5pCoueed2vl5ANtUxbzi3w&s=19

They are not affiliated with the team in any way, and make that clear in their bio. Nothing he could do even if Xhitter weren't a cesspool.

Mind you, the T-Wolves Brazil account is one of the only good things left on that site.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
False alarm, everyone. It turns out Giddey was the tall one from the images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Josh Kiddey